Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Telling people you dont want to train them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telling people you dont want to train them?

Ok as crazy as this sounds, I've got people asking me to train them. Yea ridiculous isnt it. Me a small guy being asked by other people to train them. The thing is when i talk to people i'm all about bodybuilding and nutrition. And they've seen the changes my body has been through in the past 3 or 4 years. So they come asking for advice.

Now i have some friends asking me to personal train them, some want to gain size, others want to lose weight. The problem is, i dont want to do this at this point in time. Why? Well because i'm not blind, i can see that even though i have learned alot i have FAR MORE to learn before i can begin to help people. I mean before i can train others i must first see the effects on myself.

So what i'm asking is, how do i say no? I really dont like to be hated, and dont want to let people down, but knowing that im not ready for this type of responsibility, i have to say no.
    How?

Sounds to me like you already have your answer. Say it to them just like you said it here. If they are friends they will understand. I respect the fact that you are able to see this in yourself.
    Leslie

Comment

Thanks i guess your right. lol i remember when i started out i thought i knew everything. slowly i realised theres a whole world of information ive yet to touch on.

Comment

If they are eager and willing to learn as you did...send them to the Dogg Pound..
        Then tell them no!
        Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

or you could always train with them as partners and learn together
          My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

LOL, man I could tell you some stories, I have people that hate me cause I will not train them, I know they would just be wasting my time and their time and thats not what I want, I want to help people get huge plain and simple, but you have to want it as much as I do...
            "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

i want it as much as you do. now will you train me?
              My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                LOL, man I could tell you some stories, I have people that hate me cause I will not train them, I know they would just be wasting my time and their time and thats not what I want, I want to help people get huge plain and simple, but you have to want it as much as I do...

In-Human. Someone with your knowledge and experience would have no problem training people. And i hear you about them wanting it. I tried to actually push my cousin to train in the DC style for a while. But i cant help him unless he wants it.

If a person isnt willing to eat a certain way and give 100% everytime, then theres no point.

Comment

awww inhuman bro i dont hate you lol,,, j/k asim just tell them no or negoitate on a price to train ,ya ya they are you friends but you might find out if they are serious or just wasting time.. good luck
                  "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

Someone was telling me personal training people now could be good because i could make portfolios of my friends to show progress. but going back to my points and in-humans points. Im not at that point yet, and they just dont seem dedicated enough.

Comment

Originally posted by heavy hitter
                      i want it as much as you do. now will you train me?
                      If you have the cash and you pass the questionaire, then I will take you on...
                      "That damn log book"

Comment

oh no...not the questionaire!
                        www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

depends what kind of questions. i'm not gonna have to evaluate pics of TPC in a string bikini or anything like that will i?

Comment

IH, Will you train me? And , most importantly will you give me a senior discount?
                            Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman
                              IH, Will you train me? And , most importantly will you give me a senior discount?
                              No problem and I do have a "older" clause that you must sign, lol, no seriously I will make you into the biggest 46 year old in San Diego...
                              "That damn log book"

Comment

Working...
                              X