Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a hook-up!!! Can someone give me a source!!! ;^)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a hook-up!!! Can someone give me a source!!! ;^)

I thought that subject line might get your attention. LOL

Well, I've become a green tea fanatic and was wondering where y'all got yours. I've been looking for some sort of bulk source online, but no such luck...

Can ya hook a Brutha up?!?!

-R
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

if you go to any asian type supermarket (the're are a ton of them in SoCal), you can pick up 5lb bags of the tea. they are not in tea bags, but they are the real deal and all natural. and cheap as hell too. all natural lipton green tea at any supermarket works in a pinch as well.

d
    TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

man I was getting ready to come in here with my mod powers blazing and ban a thread and all,,,,, now I am all let down,,,,, damn
      I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

http://www.republicoftea.com/templat...y.asp?navID=36
        It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Comment

Hell I think I am going to ban him anyway, board rules, everyone ready...
          "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

The above website's prices aren't great considering the quantity you would be buying in but it does save you the hassle of constantly picking up those little boxes of 24 from the grocery store.

as tpc said an asian grocery store is your best bet for bulk buys but in my experience it's a good idea to familularize yourself with the types of green tea and what kind you like before you invest in a whole lot of it. there are different kinds of green tea and the flavors do in some cases vary a lot. a friend of mine is japanese and she brought me back some green tea from japan when she went back for a visit and well it tasted nothing like the stuff i get at the grocery store.

apparently in some parts of asia green tea is viewed a lot like wine is in north america and europe. there are various different processing styles, flavors, colors, and many different levels of quality. the most readily available stuff at grocery stores is typically a generic blend of lower quality chinese green tea and that's the stuff that tastes good as a nice mild iced tea. if you try to make iced tea out of higher quality japanese green tea you will end up with some funky tasting iced tea indeed.
            It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Comment

here's a better site for you

http://www.bodyofmine.com/tea/Green_...hina_green.htm

Comment

the first time i had it i had the lipton green tea, now im drinking the good earth green tea brand, and they taste nothing alike

Comment

I go to health food stores and green tea is usually 100 bags for 6.00, you can get decaf or what ever you like, flavored, unflavored I think the most I have ever seen for 100 bags was 14.50...
                  "That damn log book"

Comment

http://www.theeyeofnewt.com/store/ht..._Chemicals.asp
                    SweatMachine
                    (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Damn, Thanks fellas!

I've been buying it various places locally, looking for good prices and variety (I have just been trying out the different grocery store brands, celestial seasonings, etc...)

There is a tea house locally where I can buy some, but its just a ways away from me. The owner is a tea expert (chinese) and they serve literally 100's of green teas there. (Apparently there are more kinds of green tea than there are red wine... or so I was told.)

Also looks like I may just have to get into using the loose leaf tea, too.

Any other hints on making it would be cool, too.

Again, thanks!

-R

P.S. BigP and IH - well done, gentlemen!!! Glad to see you very insightfully suspected my thread's title might be one to look into... LOL
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

R-, Sorry I must have been slipping, go ahead try to log back in now buddy...
                        "That damn log book"

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                          R-, Sorry I must have been slipping, go ahead try to log back in now buddy...
                          Will do. Hope you enjoy waiting on all your future posts to be approved by a *super* moderator... LOL (Gotta love ya, Biggun.)

-R
                          The Book Has Arrived!
                          The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus
                            Will do. Hope you enjoy waiting on all your future posts to be approved by a *super* moderator... LOL (Gotta love ya, Biggun.)

-R
                            I knew you would out due me some how, I just knew it, I get no respect...
                            "That damn log book"

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                              I knew you would out due me some how, I just knew it, I get no respect...
                              LOL. The Rodney Dangerfield of IM! ;^)

On the contrary, my friend, the respect is all mine.

-R
                              The Book Has Arrived!
                              The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Working...
                              X