Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do i need more cals because of the job i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i need more cals because of the job i do?

Hi i have a Turbo metabolism, im 20 years old and ecto. I was wondering about if i need extra calories because of the job i do. I work a nightshift in a supermarket stacking shelves. I read that stacking shelves can burn like 4 calories per minute so in the 2 and a half hours i have between my meals im burning an extra im burning like an extra 800 cals? so if my meal was 800 cals (without work) i need like sum 1600 calories to gain during my working hours?

Thats a crazy amount of food for 1 meal do i really need that much?

And where would i get the exra cals from fats and carbs im guessing?

thanx

[email protected], I work in a kitchen at a steakhouse as a prep cook and had to up my calories drastically to keep from losing weight. The amount of food that I was taking in before starting the job was enough to keep me gaining, but when working the job I couldn't keep the weight on. The answer that I found was taking a few 85 gram shakes with me that had 4 tablespoons of olive oil in them a piece. Hope that helps some...

Comment

You must always take in consideration your extra curricular activities and how many extra kcals you burn doing them, we don't need you catabolising your mass for energy during this time...
      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

damn its gonna take some serious ammount of eating for me to gain then...

ok heres my plan of attack...

Lean ground beef 400cals
        Bread x 4 400cals
        olive oil x 4 500cals
        milk x 4 300cals
        peanuts(eat during shift) 200cals

total 1800 cals

lol that is rediculous im 165lbs and eating 1600calorie meals :o
        Last edited by [email protected]; 07-31-2004, 01:07 AM.

Comment

i work in a warehouse, i drive around a floor jack and repeatedly get on and off all the while stacking boxes weighing from2 to 90 lbs. on a pallet. it burns a shitload of calories and the amount i have to eat to gain is staggering. but that's okay, i like to eat
          My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

ok well if thats what needs to be done then 1800 calorie meals here i come

Comment

It would be much easier to spread those calories out over the day.

Comment

well im eating 4 other meals on top of the two 1600 meals im eating at work... and since im burning the extra cals at work surely i need to get the extra food during work? I mean say i had an extras 200 cals at breakfast, then 6 hours later im at work i wont still have those cals will i?

Comment

I think the overall daily surplus is more important than the hour to hour breakdown. Additionally, that many calories at one sitting may get you storing too much fat as well as being hard to get down.

Comment

ok well my schedule looks like this

>>WAKE UP!

4pm meal 1 - protein shake ,olive oil, toast {700 cals

7pm meal 2 - lean ground beef, bread, potatoes {700cals

10pm postwork drink (meal 3) { 800 cals

10.15am----- start work

12 am meal 3 - 1600 calorie meal

3 am meal 4 - 1600 calorie meal

6 am--------- finish work

6 15 am meal 6 -cottage cheese. milk {600 cals

>>Sleep!!

are you saying i cant gain with this job then Raul? I mean if i eat enough calories will it protect my muscle from being eaten up?
                    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-31-2004, 02:46 AM.

Comment

if all you want is calories mre's have about 1000 a piece downing 2 of those is no big deal either. easy to transport too if you can get some.
                      www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by MsteveM
                        if all you want is calories mre's have about 1000 a piece downing 2 of those is no big deal either. easy to transport too if you can get some.
                        well i guess i could try these but arnt these mostly filed with sugar and crap?

Comment

Originally posted by heavy hitter
                          i work in a warehouse, i drive around a floor jack and repeatedly get on and off all the while stacking boxes weighing from2 to 90 lbs. on a pallet. it burns a shitload of calories and the amount i have to eat to gain is staggering. but that's okay, i like to eat
                          Are you a order selector for a food distrubution center by any chance?...
                          "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Ah i love the fact that i do nothing right now. I sit on my ass, or sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
                              well i guess i could try these but arnt these mostly filed with sugar and crap?

they have junk food in them which is usually some kind of cake and something else like combos or skittles. the main meals differ, but the chicken ones and beef teriyaki are good. there is also one or two side items like wheat snack bread, crackers, crunchy noodle things, or pears. it usually comes with either peanut butter, cheese or jalepino cheese. all the food items have nutrition facts on them so you'll know what you're getting. if you wanted to keep it clean, just throw out the junk and have yourself a shake along with the meal.
                              www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Working...
                              X