lagging biceps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lagging biceps

I have been doing DC training for a year now and the gains have been great, except for my biceps. They have always been lagging no matter what I do. I have been rest pausing the shit out of them and still very little growth. I do barbell curls, dumbbell curls and preachers. I was thinking they may be getting hit to much doing the MWF split. I might split the bodyparts into the 3way split like DC says to and see if it work better like that. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I can do to bring them up?

I raised the rep range on mine and mine have definitely shown some improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
      I raised the rep range on mine and mine have definitely shown some improvement.
      Cool, what RP range are you doing them in now? Are you still doing the C, S, T BW, BT split or the 3 way one?

Comment

Originally posted by RaulJimenez
        NJNPC: This has been debated for a while so yes I know how frustrating it can be lagging biceps because I suffer from the same thing.

Here is what Dante suggested us to do. instead of working the biceps in the 11-15 REP range, to move to a higher rep range into the 15-30 RP , you can use cable machines in some exercises in order to put more emphasis on the negative portion of the exercise. Since we hit our BACKS in a 11-15 rep range and it also hits biceps, the I would suggest if you are lagging to move into a 15-30RP range and hit them hard.
        Thanks Raul, that is exactly the info I was looking for...

Comment

15-30

Comment

Im just wondering, does this apply for lagging arms in general? Should one do this on triceps as well?
            TheStigs workout movies

Comment

Originally posted by TheStig
              Im just wondering, does this apply for lagging arms in general? Should one do this on triceps as well?
              you can try upping the rep range to see if that works better (not just for arms)
              each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
              for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Ill give it a try after my diet down this year.
                This is gonna hurt though
                TheStigs workout movies

Comment

Working...
                X