I posted this at musclemayhem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I posted this at musclemayhem

but I wanted to post it here because IM truly getting tired of this HIT/Mentzer argument

Rest pausing as Ive known it has always been sets of singles. Mentzer did 6 rest pause reps with singles. If i was smart I would of labeled all of my methods different names but my ego isnt that skyhigh that I have this urge to be "the guy who invented it"--I could really give a shit-this is about helping people put on muscle not making some kind of household name for myself. My methods are "rest pausing" for 11-15 reps in 3 rest pause breakdowns....I do not know of anyone else who ever was doing rest pauses for anything other than singles (correct me if Im wrong). I should of named it some fancy name like "Set continuance reps" or something and copyrighted it so everyone would of said Dante invented that but like I said I dont care and just called it rest pausing because it seemed kind of similiar with the breathing between failure points. As far as Mentzer and HIT--IS ANYONE IN THIS FORUM GOING TO SAY THEY ARE DOING ST? "Slacker Training"? Because I bet 99% of the people in this forum are going to say they lift as hard as they can so we are all doing HIT training. I have no understanding how people have to throw things in categories or its becomes just some kind of clusterfuck to them and they cant comprehend it otherwise. I will state this right out. I dont agree with Mentzers diet, Mentzers over obsession with overtraining, doing one set every 2 weeks to a month(after he started out obsessive compulsive about doing forced reps, negatives, partials etc etc after every set) the guy went one way and then went off the deep end the other way. Heres a novel approach--Dantes thoughts--thats all this is--my opinions on what I think builds muscle mass the fastest way possible and so far I think im building one hell of a track record proving it. Both Mentzer and I like low volume ok there is a similiarity. What else is there? I train bodyparts 2x every 8 days which is similiar to how Ronnie Coleman does it so why not call it a version of Ronnies training--LOL? Mentzer is doing one set every 2 weeks to one month as stated. I believe in extremes in food intake to make your body a fat burning muscle building blast furnace, Mentzer believed in something akin to 50 more calories a day over BMR if Im not mistaken (I dont and have never read his stuff to any great deal but I think i read that somewhere in the past in a magazine). I believe in extreme stretching, carb cuttoffs, olive oil for weight gain problems, blasting for 4-8 weeks and cruising for 2-3 weeks. How the hell is that similiar to anything Mentzer believed in? He did low volume I do low volume--end of story--thats the only similiarity. Honestly i think anyone doing one set per month and getting 12 growth phases in a year for a bodypart is a complete utter idiot..... while my guys are training bodyparts about 92 times a year and crushing you in gains. YOU TELL ME WHO IS GOING TO GROW FASTER? 12 growth phases versus 92?!?! Hence my reasons for low volume--so you can recover and train that bodypart again.
    I dont have any clue how Mentzer liked to warmup but Ill have a guy warmup thru 3-6 sets if he needs to and is using huge weights. I dont count warmup sets like alot of guys do--its the worksets I count....so in all honesty my workouts are much more like the norm than this HIT category everyone wants to throw everything that is low volume in. You want to know the freaking difference between HIT and regular training by and large? One version counts warmups sets and one version doesnt. Thats about it. Now dont all you HIT obsessive compulsives feel dumb? The only difference is that guy over there did 135x12 225x8 275x6 350x11 and counted it as 4 sets and you disregarded the 3 warmup sets and did your one workset for 350x11 and called it one set. I swear to god people have to put things in categories and label them or its just some kind of scattered explosion in their heads. There will not be anyone coming out with anything new and revolutionary in bodybuilding guys, Im not going to have people lifting with water jugs and underwater squatting....it will all be derived somewhat from what people did earlier....I keep hearing people say "well its nothing new" well hell then why wasnt anyone doing it earlier then and why the hell do I get so much shit about my methods then if its "nothing new"? I put together what I thought would work best concerning all things bodybuilding....every facet of my methods AND ANYONE ELSES were probably used sometime or the other by some guy somewhere who started weightlifting back in the old days. Robert Kennedy from Musclemag likes to tout himself as the developer of the pre-exhaustion principle. Does he really believe that? Does anyone? There was probably some guy named Skippy Walker in Akron Ohio that was doing that back in the 40-50's just because he thought it might work. I feel im making people grow faster than any other way of training so if you think my methods are similiar to someone elses in the past then dont do mine at all and do that "someone elses" and lets see if you put on muscle mass as fast as my trainees are!
    @dante_trudel

People at mayhem can be so annoying.
    :showoff: Pain is weakness leaving the body – and strength training is the antidote. :showoff:

5% off trueprotein.com order when U use the discount code erl633

Comment

Don't let bigheinz read this

xcel
      Lift Smarter, not more
      60% Nutrition - 25% Workout - 10% Rest - 5% Supplementation

Comment

Bigmike is just some assfuck over at MM who just has to make a arguement for the sake of argueing, why can't people just take this program for what its worth...
        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

It seems like the majority of peole over there just want to argue
          :showoff: Pain is weakness leaving the body – and strength training is the antidote. :showoff:

5% off trueprotein.com order when U use the discount code erl633

Comment

G, Would you expect anything less, not by anychance...
            "That damn log book"

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
              G, Would you expect anything less, not by anychance...
              Not anymore I don't.

I really wanted to lock the thread or delete it but I guess to be fair I left it open.
              My apologies as I know this shit gets really old and they should stop trying to discredit things they know nothing about. (Dantes-development of DC training).
              But he gave a hell of a response didn't he?
              Damn. :kick:
              Massive G
              Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Dante, I truly think you are never going to shut some people up. I'm sure that BigMike will come back with some stupid ass, ill-read, misinformed response about what he 'claims' you said in another thread on another board or what-the-fuck-ever. He says he tried your program a few years back, but I don't believe him because if he did it right he'd still be doing it, LOL. There aren't enough hours in the day to come back to these fools and doubters, so I would not waste my time.

Comment

and the thing is, its one of the few programs that actually makes sense.
                  www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

DC,

I think topics like the one on MM are something your going to have to get used to. Its just a sign that you've fully arrived as one of the best trainers in bodybuilding today. People are talking about you at shows, and in the gyms. Your name can be recognized on every major board, and soon will be everywhere. (as evidenced by Charles Glass's ghost written question). As your system's popularity grows, so will the nay sayers and new threads about how this does not or does work. Bottom line is you system works. If it did not, you e-mail box would be empty, and there would be no issue on Muscle Mayhem about you. You are the man now plan and simple.......F them and keep doing what you do......

Which is revoultionizing the way muscle is put on in modern bodybuilding.

R

Comment

Great stuff as always!!

Comment

Dante... we know your right... no need to explain to him that you are bro hell counter everything you say with bullshit, just let him do what he wants bro

Comment

Originally posted by xRAJAx
                          DC,

I think topics like the one on MM are something your going to have to get used to. Its just a sign that you've fully arrived as one of the best trainers in bodybuilding today. People are talking about you at shows, and in the gyms. Your name can be recognized on every major board, and soon will be everywhere. (as evidenced by Charles Glass's ghost written question). As your system's popularity grows, so will the nay sayers and new threads about how this does not or does work. Bottom line is you system works. If it did not, you e-mail box would be empty, and there would be no issue on Muscle Mayhem about you. You are the man now plan and simple.......F them and keep doing what you do......

Which is revoultionizing the way muscle is put on in modern bodybuilding.

R

The day it becomes that large Im going to leave a final post saying Inhuman is really doggcrapp (and I will dissapear into the darkness - ..Inhuman will hate my guts though when he wakes up the next morning to 127 emails)
                          @dante_trudel

Comment

LOL! Dante, I think Massive G and IH already know what that feels like, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp
                              The day it becomes that large Im going to leave a final post saying Inhuman is really doggcrapp (and I will dissapear into the darkness - ..Inhuman will hate my guts though when he wakes up the next morning to 127 emails)
                              I always told you guys deep down inside, DC really doesn't like me...
                              "That damn log book"

Comment

Working...
                              X