Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma

Ok fellas, this is open to everyone who wnats to contribute.

I have a child due in Oct(IT'S A BOY!!!!!!) and I took this year off to build up the required mass to compete in the top of the light heavys or heavys. No prob right, WRONG........

I am set to get out the navy next year (september) and I am setting myself up for that, but I am really nervous and boderline afraid of what the future might hold(that's why a lot of people stay in, due to fear) financially and bodybuilding. I wnat to compete and get my national qual from either the pittsburgh or IL state(doing both). Main reason for the shows is to get some title under my belt so I can have something on my card when I do personal training and so I can do the Juniors in 2006.

So the question is...do I just skip next year and spend a lot of time with my son and girlfriend...or do I bite the bullet and and go for it. I asked my girl and she's down with the competing, but I am not so sure about what I want to do.
    Twitter:@badbadleroyb

BBl, I put off my wedding to my woman for my contest coming up, if she is understanding she will have no problem, and you need to do what you need to do, if you put it off you may never come back, do why the doing is good, my worthless .02 cents...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

How irratable do you get when you diet? Can You handle a baby and a diet at the same time. There is more to worry about than yourself now. You need to step up and do what's right for the kid-If you can squeeze in the show too then do it.

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

Having been through the same thing my advice is to keep your diet and training at the best level you can because your sleep patterns will be messed up, you will be tired and irritable, and your time will be very very tight. My own experience was that the first few months was just a blur of night time feeds and adjusting to a new routine. I was lucky that I had an understanding partner and I fitted 3 workouts a week in and was able to keep my diet up. I maintained for about 9 months while things settled down a bit and then began focussing on training a bit more. Like anything, if you plan it out, stick to your food preparation (this is invaluable), and rest when bub rests, you can do it well. Just try and develop some sound routines for all components of your life during this time and you should be fine.
        that's just my fitty cents worth..
        Best of luck for the new arrival. its a wonderful experience that will change your life forever.

Matt

Comment

Here's my sit rep. I was stationed in Hawaii and started lifting in 91. 2 years later my daughter Kelly was born. I decided to take some time off from lifting to be with my wife and new daughter. I never went back to the gym again. After I retired in 97 I pretty much quit PT all together. I just started back in October off 2003. So I'd say do what you can while you can. You never know what the future wis going to bring. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bad bad leroy b
            I asked my girl and she's down with the competing, but I am not so sure about what I want to do.
            I think this is what you need to resolve.

It's one thing to adjust to having the baby - something one must do!

It's another if the wife doesn't like what you do - this will lead to PROBLEMS in the future. Sort it out now!

xcel
            Lift Smarter, not more
            60% Nutrition - 25% Workout - 10% Rest - 5% Supplementation

Comment

BBLB Hey, bro I can relate about fearing the real world. That's why I saying in school for 5.5 years. The real world was a scary place. Let me assure you, it's fun and takes alittle getting used to, but much better after.

As for the competing. Your girl is behind you so go for it. (congrats btw, a little man!) Yes, it may be challanging, but you can do it. You have desire, support from the one who cares about you, and IM behind you. What more can you ask for bro! Go for it :showoff:

Whenever your down put in the Rocky Story soundtrack...that will get you back on track
              Trueprotein.com

Troponin Athlete

Lana's EggWhites "Get Hard, Stay Hard"

Comment

I say go for it, you have her blessing...and you aren't getting any younger.
                Another option would be tooo blast another 20 solid pounds or more on and then do the show when having been settled in a stable atmosphere for a year or so.
                Massive G
                Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I was talking with her and I quote "you were very undersatnding and I am sure I had you counting to ten a few times and you could have left but you did'nt. So I am behind you 100 percent"

Plus she wants to train to lose weight also after the pregnancy. So dieting should be "fun"

Comment

Originally posted by rowtogrow
                    Whenever your down put in the Rocky Story soundtrack...that will get you back on track

If not, try the Conan soundtrack, it works for me!

Good luck with you real life decisions.

jim
                    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                    Good luck
                    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Massive g: I should blast another 20 lbs. I kinda need to, but I can defineltly make an impact in shows right now with what I have.

Rowtogrow: Yes the real world is scary. You won't belive the amount of people that stay in the military because they want a little ass pension you cant really survive on. 20 years for that...I am sorry, but not me(but respect to those who do)

I am 50/50 right now, so we'll see

Comment

prioritize your life. IF your gonna compete in BBing and train accordingly, your gonna have to learn how to do it while raiising a family. Your either going to be able to do it OR not. I think the root of the problem here is you having a baby with your girlfriend. That tells me its unplanned and forgive me for saying so, probably unwanted. Im guessing your life so far hasnt been planned out. Its time to START planning your life. To be able to uphold your responsibilities to your GF and child and train and compete at the level you want, your going to have to sit down and have a plan, time table, or at least a clear picture of your objectives and what It will take to achieve them. Lots of people do this, so you know it can be done. BUT , HOW IMPORTANT IS COMPETITIVE BBIING TO YOU? Only you can answer that. Goodluck with your decision making process. Personally I think you can do both, if its what you want.
                        SweatMachine
                        (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Well bruh,

I'm with ya, I have the same thing only it's ongoing! I don't plan on getting out and I already have a kid! LOL.
                          If the decision was easy, you wouldn't have posed it on the board for assistance. My say is that you do what you love otherwise you may forever regret it. I can't see how competing will take away from your family time. It's not like you're gone all over the place like the Pros are. So, just get your girlfriend situation together and have a firm plan on making it work. If she stuck with you this long through bodybuilding, she shouldn't have any problems with you taking it higher. Just remember that when the contest season is over, it's over and you settle back into normality. Not doing that'll get your ass in more shit than anything.
                          Just some words from another who was in your situation 9 yrs ago.

-DH
                          www.toopumped.net
                          7 X IFBB champion

"Do something productive, instead of talking about those that are"
                          -DH

Comment

Originally posted by SweatMachine
                            prioritize your life. IF your gonna compete in BBing and train accordingly, your gonna have to learn how to do it while raiising a family. Your either going to be able to do it OR not. I think the root of the problem here is you having a baby with your girlfriend. That tells me its unplanned and forgive me for saying so, probably unwanted. Im guessing your life so far hasnt been planned out. Its time to START planning your life. To be able to uphold your responsibilities to your GF and child and train and compete at the level you want, your going to have to sit down and have a plan, time table, or at least a clear picture of your objectives and what It will take to achieve them. Lots of people do this, so you know it can be done. BUT , HOW IMPORTANT IS COMPETITIVE BBIING TO YOU? Only you can answer that. Goodluck with your decision making process. Personally I think you can do both, if its what you want.

Well, it was certainly unplanned. And you are right, for a while, it was unwanted. But I took the man route and owned up to it. I don't belive in abortion anyway(we would have madfe the decision for adoption months ago, and I would be on full blast) Competitive bodybuilding is very important to me. I gives me, in my own little sick way, calmness. It's one of the few things in this world I control. And you're also right on the other. My life was somewhat unplanned. I just knew I was going to work and go to school when I got out.

Dave: Thanks a lot man. I really appreciate it. From all the replies on the board, I might give it a go ahead. I only train three days a week and I speed to and from the gym, so time is really not an issue

Comment

IMO family always comes first,,, but that is just me
                              I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

Working...
                              X