Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all you log book haters. i done you proud!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all you log book haters. i done you proud!

So today was deadlift day. i got to the gym and was feeling kind of tired. i was beating all my previous lifts but i just wasn't really into the workout. anyways, it came time for deads. i did my warmups and loaded up 20 pounds more than my last lift expecting to get maaaaaybe 12 reps. i busted out 13 pretty easily and felt really strong still. so i thought what the hell and tossed another 25 pounds on eache side and busted out 5 more reps with perfect form. it felt awesome. this was a new personal best for me. 345 pounds for 5. now i know that doesn't sound like much to some of you guys but i'm not a very big guy so it was quite an accomplishment for me :showoff: . well enough of this, i'm gonna get somethin to eat :dcchomp: . you want anything IH?
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

HH, Damn good job I am impressed, and just for that you can keep any extra food, make sure nothing is left over.

Next time go for a heavy 8, then a heavier 4, and murder that damn log book...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

sounds good IH
      My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

by the way IH, how do you like my new avatar. i figured it was perfect for the doggpound

Comment

i agree with IH go heavier with lower reps but nonetheless its always great when you walk in the gym and just blow away your previous weights. especially with deads
          It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Comment

yeah will do on the lower reps

Comment

nice work HH. I know how you feel bro, it's great getting new personal bests. I hope you had a good meal and do it again next time :rocker:
              Trueprotein.com

Troponin Athlete

Lana's EggWhites "Get Hard, Stay Hard"

Comment

you better beleive i will. death to the logbook

Comment

Originally posted by heavy hitter
                  you better beleive i will. death to the logbook
                  That's what I say!

It cannot survive!

jim
                  ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                  Good luck
                  Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                  SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                  TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

HH, I love the avatar, I used to have one myself, and you know whats funny, she loved to bite Forearms, lol...
                    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

strange. i wonder wher she got it from?

Comment

I noticed the avatar the other day. Good choice for the pound.

Hey bro, dont EVER be ashamed of your lifts. Not EVER! This is all about beating your previous bests and being the biggest, strongest sonofabitch you can be. Some of us will lift 300-something on deads, others will lift 400, 500, 600, and beyond. I am not a particularly strong guy. But over the past year with DC I have added an incredible amount of poundage to the bar and that's what matters. I am more impressed with a guy who could deadlift 225 and can now lift 275 than a guy who has been lifting 500 for the last three years and has made no progress at all.

And BTW, 345 for 5 with perfect form is nothing to sneeze at.
                        Through the best and the worst
                        The struggle and sacrifice.
                        For the true who've remained and the new blood.
                        Motivation, undying allegiance
                        Striving through the hardships and affliction.
                        Every drop of blood
                        Every bitter tear
                        Every bead of sweat
                        I live for this

Comment

hey thanks man. a little encouragemnet never hurts. and beleive me, 345 is a far cry from where i started. i was pretty proud of myself considering the fact that i have a herniated disc. but honestly, heavy back work seems to alleviate some of the pain if i do it with good form, but if i slip and do with improper form, the next day is not much fun. i guess it's just something i'm learning to deal with

Comment

Working...
                          X