Knees aching like a mofo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knees aching like a mofo!

Since starting DC training I have made huge gains in all areas, especially legs. Now, i have done the hack squats..heavy set of 8 then a 20 repper, both to failure. My weights have gone up so much and so rapidly that my knees are starting to ache and hurt like a bitch! I have never had any type of pain or discomfort in my knees until now. I was wondering if there is anything i could do to warm up the knees more thoroughly? I stretch my quads out well before I start warming up, where I do 3 warmups with light weight. Is there a chance of mybe hitting a set of extesions to warm the knees up? Hell, I'd only do 60 lbs if It would help, not trying to go to max on them. Any ideas/similar feelings?
    For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

are you wrapping your knees for support
    Trueprotein.com

Troponin Athlete

Lana's EggWhites "Get Hard, Stay Hard"

Comment

No! I never have before. Is it beneficial. i have heard a lot of negatives about this.

TH
      For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

I had the same problem and sometimes it still hurts but the wraps seem to help. They can be bad for you if you keep them on for extended periods of time. I just unwrap my knees after and so far haven't had any problems.
        Trueprotein.com

Troponin Athlete

Comment

ok, cool, will do! BTW, any specific way to wrap them? I have seen people wrap numerous ways? What seems effective for you?

TH

Comment

I had the same problem, wraps help for sure and I would start with them first. You may also want to try getting on the bike and peddling very lightly for like 5 minutes to get them loosened up a bit. Another idea is to check your foot posisitioning. I have found that when I turn my feet outwards slightly it cuts down on the knee problems!!!

Hope this helps
            I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

Just wanted to add another vote for wrapping the knees. When I first started with DC I did not wrap my knees. As you mentioned, when you get going on this program your weights go up so fast it can take it's toll on your joints. I started wrapping my knees and they feel MUCH better. I actually have no discomfort at all anymore and my weights are consistently going up.

I would also suggest buying good quality wraps. Dont be stingy. Good, heavy duty wraps will serve you well and last for a very long time.
              Through the best and the worst
              The struggle and sacrifice.
              For the true who've remained and the new blood.
              Motivation, undying allegiance
              Striving through the hardships and affliction.
              Every drop of blood
              Every bitter tear
              Every bead of sweat
              I live for this

Comment

as far as how to wrap the knee's, wrap them towards your heart, that way blood isnt cut off to the knee. and thats the same for all wraping, taping, and tensor bandages. but if im incorrect please let me know!

Comment

Offdamuscle,
                  I see what you are saying. Another question is...where do you start exactly? Meaning where at under your kneecap?

TH

Comment

under the knee and then up
                    Trueprotein.com

Troponin Athlete

Comment

Ok, I knew that but will do and see what happens!

TH

Comment

MY knee's always hurt. I think I may have damaged something a while ago. My right knee pops almost everytime I go down on squats or leg presses...then they ache especially when it's cold.
                        Bigger, Faster, Stronger

Admin @ http://www.extrememuscle.co.nr - Come check out my board if ya get a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by BiggerStronger
                          MY knee's always hurt. I think I may have damaged something a while ago. My right knee pops almost everytime I go down on squats or leg presses...then they ache especially when it's cold.
                          when it's cold my knees always hurt. I take extra time warming them up on the bike and a few extra super light sets. Seriously the wraps help a ton!
                          Trueprotein.com

Troponin Athlete

Comment

This site has some good info about knee wraps:

http://staff.washington.edu/griffin/knee_wraps.txt

Comment

Cool, thanks man!

TH

Comment

Working...
                              X