Biceps exercises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biceps exercises

What has worked the best for you guys for the outer biceps (the side one would see in a back-double-biceps pose?) I may be genetically predisposed to having much larger inner biceps so I am fighting for every mm of the outtie that I can build. Basically, my arm does not poses that 3D look and looks much smaller from the back than from the front. I have been doing narrow barbel culrs for a while and do not really see improvement in that area. I suppinate my wrists in all dB work. Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by nikko; 07-23-2004, 02:17 PM.

Hammer Curls...even though they are considered a forearm exercise these have helped with the area you are talking about....

Also to a lesser extent pinwheel curls and alt. DB curls

Comment

I do hammer as well as pinwheel curls with pretty heavy weight.

Comment

Originally posted by nikko
        I do hammer as well as pinwheel curls with pretty heavy weight.
        For how long have you been training and how long have you been doing hammers and pinwheels? Basically, it just may take some time to catch up.

Comment

Training for 6 years.
          I belive the last time I did hammers, I did 80lb x 12+ reps.
          Pinwheel curls, maybe a little less.
          I barbell curl 165lbs x 10+ reps.
          I am not weak on biceps exercises and my inner biceps grows. My outter lags. I am just trying to find out if there are any other exercises that you advanced guys do.

Comment

Training for 6 years.
            I belive the last time I did hammers, I did 80lb x 12+ reps.
            Pinwheel curls, maybe a little less.
            I barbell curl 165lbs x 10+ reps.
            I am not weak on biceps exercises and my inner biceps grows. My outter lags. I am just trying to find out if there are any other exercises that you advanced guys do.
            I am not curling anywhere near that but looking at the ole bis I guess my outers are not really proportional to my inners, inners are a lot thicker....

Comment

1. Close Grip Barbell curls
              2. Close Grip Preachers
              3. Concentation Curls coming in towards the chest
              Trueprotein.com

Troponin Athlete

Lana's EggWhites "Get Hard, Stay Hard"

Comment

Use a closer grip on your barbell or EZ bar curls.

Comment

I do it already. Narrow (close grip) BB curl. I do not do preacher curls with a EZ or BB. I do them one hand at a time with a dB.

Comment

I do it already. Narrow (close grip) BB curl. I do not do preacher curls with a EZ or BB. I do them one hand at a time with a dB.
                    try it with the close grip and the ez bar. How about the hammer strength preacher curl. something close gripped
                    Trueprotein.com

Troponin Athlete

Lana's EggWhites "Get Hard, Stay Hard"

Comment

I would say if your already doing everything that has been suggested... just keep doing it and keep getting stronger\bigger. I would also suggest trying to drop BF if you are not happy with the appearance of your arms. If you are curling that much weight and are at a decent bodyfat, I don't care about genetics your arms are gonna look pretty 3d. Good luck bro.

Comment

Originally posted by James
                        I would say if your already doing everything that has been suggested... just keep doing it and keep getting stronger\bigger. I would also suggest trying to drop BF if you are not happy with the appearance of your arms. If you are curling that much weight and are at a decent bodyfat, I don't care about genetics your arms are gonna look pretty 3d. Good luck bro.
                        Excellent point. I concur with that. Genetics definatelly play a role; however. I am fairly tall (6'2") with a huge wingspan and my biceps attaches directly into the radius so it is pretty long and with no peak whatsoever. However, I haven't been under 10% bf for a while so maybe I am forgetting the way it looks.
                        Last edited by nikko; 07-23-2004, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X