Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tendonitis, DAMMIT!!!!

Tendonitis, DAMMIT.
    Ok, so I've always tended to walk the line between heavy and injury, skirting the limits of my recovery abilities.
    So, In April, after spending 3 months rehabbing from a car accident and brain surgery, I finally hit the 500lb mark on Squats. OK, maybe not full depth, but close to parallel. So then I bump to 525, then 535.
    Now I know that stopping at 90° tends to put strain on your knees, but it's not bothering me yet.
    So what do I do? I think, hell if I can do 500 on the squat, I can put 5 plates per side on the hammer strength leg extension. The heavy leg ext were really bringing out the separation in the quads.
    Well 1st week I thought, "damn, this is heavy". Second week, "maybe this is too heavy". Third week (yes I'm an idiot), "is that my knee creaking"?
    So, I dropped to 360 leg ext (strip sets) for the next few weeks and did sets of squats with 405. Finally, I noticed I was walking funny and I couldn't step down with bent knee. So I'm F'd basically, cause I know I have to just STOP working legs for a few weeks.
    So My knees are slowly getting better, I'm limiting squats to 315 (ass 2 grass now), no ext's. And now my DAMN elbows are getting it bad.
    I've even dropped the weight on skulls, frenches, and pushdowns and concentrated on ROM and the squeeze.
    WTF.
    39 is NOT that old.
    What can I do here, It's driving me crazy. I have trouble doing pushing exercises now.
    Supps: HRT shots EOW, 2000mg Gluc sulf ED, 3000mg MSM ED, plenty of protein, cals are still above 4k.
    Is it just time to take a couple of weeks off and do... I can't say it.... CARDIO??????
    Lift big 2 get big
    TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
    mod at bodybuilding.com
    mod at iron-forum.com
    mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??
    "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
    Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

I have bouts with tendonitis every now and again too. Ice is the only thing I've found that helps.

Comment

ctgblue, Ok I have one year on you and this is how I deal with my Tendonitus, first drop the Skulls period, stick to Close Grips and Reverses.

I do Electrostimulation 15 minutes a day with ice while stimulating and at the end of the day 6 minutes of Ultrasound at 2.1 mhz, after to weeks of this I am good for 7-9 months of heavy training but the Skulls must be left out in order to go longer and also keeping your wrist perfectly straight while benching, the Carpel Tunnel bend on the wrist will cause the Tendonitus also...
      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Man, I feel your pain. My left elbow has always given me pain. I got a neoprene knee sleeve and use that for my elbow. I swear it makes everything feel a lot better. It basically keeps everything tight and warm. You can find them at most athletic stores and online. Try getting that and also wrapping your knees.

R

Comment

I use the neoprenes and knee wraps on my elbows for all chest, shoulder and tri work...
          "That damn log book"

Comment

Originally posted by xRAJAx
            Man, I feel your pain. My left elbow has always given me pain. I got a neoprene knee sleeve and use that for my elbow. I swear it makes everything feel a lot better. It basically keeps everything tight and warm. You can find them at most athletic stores and online. Try getting that and also wrapping your knees.

R

I have had elbow tendonitis probl;ems in the past and used the same type of neoprene sleave for curling exercises. It helped quite a bit. For whatever reason, I don't need them now . . .

Comment

I am looking into the neoprene elbow sleeves, problem is WHICH ONES??
              There's 20 different styles from $7.99 to $39.99
              I am guessing about 12-15 each is a decent quality, decent thickness.
              I use Inzer knee wraps on my heaviest sets, but I wasn't on the 405lb squats and was doing 5 sets of 10 (225,315,405,405,405). Now I'm wrapping at 315.
              Could I go with neoprene knee sleeves too for lighter weight? Or are they a pain in the ass to get on/off?
              Lift big 2 get big
              TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
              mod at bodybuilding.com
              mod at iron-forum.com
              mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
              So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??
              "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
              Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

Comment

Just as long as you get them on before you start to sweat, I use the Knee neoprenes for my Elbows with knee wraps over those for my worksets and just the neoprenes when warming up...
                "That damn log book"

Comment

CTGBlue, I feel your pain...literally

At 39 myself, it seems I'm always battling with some ache or pain somewhere. But after a lot of research and scouring around, I have two bottles of canine Adequine waiting for me in Germany. I'm moving there next week.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the stuff will offset some of the damage that's been dealt over the years of lifting. Uh...I mean the damage my dawg has been having with her hips....yeah..that's what I mean

I'll definitely post here with my results as the stuff looks seriously promising and has gotten very good reviews from other boards.

If you're not familiar with it, google adequine or check out some other boards for testimonials.

Best of luck and heal fast

Timbo

Comment

[QUOTE=In-Human]ctgblue, Ok I have one year on you and this is how I deal with my Tendonitus, first drop the Skulls period, stick to Close Grips and Reverses.

QUOTE]

Yes....Every so often (when my elbows start to flare up ) I have to 86 the skullcrushers.It really validates a lot of the things I've figured out over the years when I see guys on here who've come to a lot of the same conclusions...I like it...
                    Massive G
                    Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

I had tendinitus in my shoulder.
                      I went to an orthopedic doctor and he gave me a shot of cortico steroids right into the tendon.....auw.
                      I had to repeat this 2 more times but the tendinitus is gone. Just like that and never came back.

Comment

Ice and friction massage are the two best things to do for tendonitis... the ice works on the inflammation and can help slow the process of tendonitis becoming tendonosis (which is what most "tendonitis" that has lasted more than a month or 2 probably has progressed to)... Well, they are the 2 best things that you can do on your own at home for it... If you have access to electical stim, ultrasound, and iontophoresis those are all great too.

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

Working...
                        X