X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trulyhuge
    Intense Muscle Vet
    • Feb 2004

Funny chin story!

I was doing my back stretch on the cin up bar when a guy came up to me and tried to spot me! I had not clue who it was or what the hell he was doing. I said "what are you doing?" He said "spotting ya man, you were stuck!" I wanted to bitch slap that skinny ass %itch! Ahh well, i guess seeing a guy in agonizing pain must say he needs help! But oh no, not w/ DC! :showoff:

TH
    For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!
  • MsteveM
    DC Q & A Member
    • May 2004

lol.. thats pretty funny. at least he didnt try to give you advice on the proper execution of a chin up and how well they work the shoulders.
    www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

• xRAJAx
      Middleweight Member
      • Jul 2004

LMAO......now that is funny.

R

Comment

• Trulyhuge
        Intense Muscle Vet
        • Feb 2004

yeah, funny..lol! I was raging b/c I was at 51 seconds!

TH
        For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

• Trulyhuge
          Intense Muscle Vet
          • Feb 2004

Come to think of it, I am making a shirt tonight. It will say...leave me the %uck alone, I need no spot, no advice, just let me be!!!

TH

Comment

• ctgblue
            Heavyweight Member
            • Jun 2004

I got one of these for my wife from HOP.

You need one with your picture on it.
            Lift big 2 get big
            TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
            mod at bodybuilding.com
            mod at iron-forum.com
            mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
            So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??
            "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
            Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

Comment

• Trulyhuge
              Intense Muscle Vet
              • Feb 2004

Nice, that's a good one!

TH

Comment

• Creator_11
                IntenseMuscle Tech
                Admin
                • Jun 2004

I got the same problem 4 times this week, I think it helps there ego a bit to spot someone who big or some crap like that.

I was doing my chest stretches and someone thought I was struggling witht he weight, I laught and said I was just stretching cause of tightness.

And then again on my tricep extensions another guy did the same thing, and then on my back stretches as well, by the 4th time I just told the next guy to to leave me be.
                Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

• Creator_11
                  IntenseMuscle Tech
                  Admin
                  • Jun 2004

another funny one I have gotten in the past is a guy comes over to spot you during your warmup, your not struggling or anyhting , just warming up, getting the muscles pumped, and he's stating right over you telling you to push it?

I'm sorry if my warm up weights are as heavy as your main work set. lol
                  Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

• Trulyhuge
                    Intense Muscle Vet
                    • Feb 2004

LMAO at Creator! Push it dude! FEEEEEL the burn!

TH

Comment

• sammysdad
                      Bantamweight Member
                      • Jun 2004

Back in the early 80's I was going for a max bench and I had a spotter already. The weight slowed down and I was fighting it out and this guy comes running over and grabs one end of the bar. The weight flies up in the air and slides off the other side than comes crashing back down by his feet and scared the shit out of him. I got up and FLIPPED. So I take a break, reload the bar and go for it again. I start to stall a little and the fruitcake comes running over to help and does it again. I totally lost it and the gym owner (who was the guy spotting me by the way) was just laughing. I told him he was an idiot for letting the guy work out there and I was totally losing it. So he suspended my membership for a week. Then the best part was a month later when I got a car I started working out at another gym and he started telling everyone how I jumped ship and I was an un-loyal ungreatful immature kid. We later patched things up and I wound up managing the club for him for a couple of years...................Ahhhhhh, the good old days.

Comment

• BenGrowing
                        Lightweight Member
                        • Jun 2004

Ah yes, I've had many rescue spotters come to my assistance on this program lol.

Comment

• BenGrowing
                          Lightweight Member
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Creator_11
                          another funny one I have gotten in the past is a guy comes over to spot you during your warmup, your not struggling or anyhting , just warming up, getting the muscles pumped, and he's stating right over you telling you to push it?

I'm sorry if my warm up weights are as heavy as your main work set. lol
                          Had something similar happen to me, Creator. I was warming up on incline presses and this older goofy guy that is a bodybuilding guru in his own mind watched me...after I racked the bar the guy goes, "Hell of an effort, son. Ya gotta start somewhere, man...you'll be lifting more if you work at it." I just gave him a puzzled look trying to figure out wtf he was talking about. Then I threw on a couple 45s+ on each side and the guy got this embarrassed look on his face and went on to try to find other gym members in desperate need of his immense knowledge.

Comment

• Clemente
                            • May 2004

Since I started DC training, I've gotten a couple of comments at my gym regarding rest pausing.

A couple of the trainers have said things like: "I see you're cutting the time between your sets to lean up. That's good."

Or, what I've heard now not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES - while doing a static, a concerned guy will come up and say "hey buddy, this isn't a contest, you might want to drop that weight down a bit."

That's my favorite.

This has nothing to do with DC training, but I do enjoy asking guys if I can "work in with them" in the power rack, where they are curling the Olympic bar with no weight. When I ask, they ALWAYS finish their set right there and then. I think they know they shouldn't be there . . .

Comment

• sammysdad
                              Bantamweight Member
                              • Jun 2004

Clemente,
                              Where are they supposed to do their curls then? We both know they wont be able to deadlift that kind of weight so starting from the floor is out of the question.......

Comment

Working...