DC training mentioned in MD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC training mentioned in MD...

Any of you see the question in the Charles Glass column about DC training? Some guy asked Charles Glass if he'd heard of this method and what he thought about it. Obviously, the guy asking the question didn't know shit about it himself, saying that "he has you training Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, the whole body each time with just one heavy work set per bodypart that you take beyond failure with forced reps, rest-pause, and static holds." Whole body 3x per week and forced reps? Pissed me off- if you're gonna ask a question that will be printed in a major bodybuilding publication, at least get your info straight. Anyway, Charles Glass just went on to say it sounded a lot like Heavy Duty (umm, not quite buddy) and then went on a rant against Heavy Duty. The whole thing was a complete misrepresentation of DC's methods and ticked me off.

I missed it, I'll have to look for that when I get off work
    Twitter:@badbadleroyb

Comment

i read that shit too!! the guy asking the ? has no idea what DC is about. so the comeback from Glass is not even valid!! well this DC thing is on a roll!!! props to the man and his ideas!!

Comment

Oh yeah, DC, forgot to give you props for your ingenious methods gaining such worldwide popularity! I was too busy being pissed about the misrepresentation... :angry:

Comment

hmmmm

Comment

200 finally!

Comment

DC can probably shed more light on this but I was under the impression from a looong time ago that no mag actually posts questions from readers in those columns. They simply make these questions up and post them with some fucked up name. Now, that being said, the mags and the boards don't have a strong love of each other. The mags have proved over the years that they don't particularly care for us by badmouthing "so called experts" and this that. Reality is, the boards can provided real time information that the mags can't get out for almost 3 months. That is their main reason for not liking us. I doubt they would have much to say that is positive when if everyone who read the magazines actually went to the boards, the mags would be fucking BROKE and therefore not sell any of their bullshit supplements.

Just my opinion....... Oh, and Charles who? LOL

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
              Instagram: @intensemuscle
              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Well I'll be damned. If that's true, that makes it even more pathetic.

Comment

Ditto what Skip said.Here's a question for ya..How many guys are posting on the boards about how Charles Glass helped them put on 50lbs of muscle in less than a year?....Hmmm I'll answer that one for you.Zero...Nada....The big fucking donut hole....I've said it many time's before and I want to encourage you guys to never buy the magazine's anymore....Other than the occasional miniscule writeup's they do for some of the guys breaking through to the higher level's (Silverback, Chris250 etc...) they are pure and utter garbage. You can learn more in one day reading here at Intense Muscle than you would in a year of reading any of the popular BBing mags.OK...rants over....gonna go lie down now

FH
                  Massive G
                  Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

That article pissed me off. Charles was like volume, volume ,volume. That's the only way to go. Well duh that's the only way u train people. I hate stupid people.
                    :showoff: Pain is weakness leaving the body – and strength training is the antidote. :showoff:

5% off trueprotein.com order when U use the discount code erl633

Comment

Charles was raised old school in the early 70s so all he knew is the high volume, and it worked back then for those guys and he did not like Heavy Duty Dead from the beginning, I read a article in the late 70s when he said that no one could build very much mass from that kind of training, low volume is not the way to go.

Sometimes I think ignorance gets the best of some pretty smart people out there...
                      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

I know he was raised old school. He just doesn't seem open to new ideas
                        :showoff: Pain is weakness leaving the body – and strength training is the antidote. :showoff:

5% off trueprotein.com order when U use the discount code erl633

Comment

Originally posted by eric89
                          I know he was raised old school. He just doesn't seem open to new ideas
                          Thats what old school means, I deal with college coaches and they think cleans are the best exercise for strength, they are old school...
                          "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

There's more then one way to skin a cat. I think sometimes great trainer's like charles glass get tunnel vision and forget that. But hey, he doesn't know anything about DC training so why do we care what he thinks
                            Trueprotein.com

Troponin Athlete

Lana's EggWhites "Get Hard, Stay Hard"

Comment

sometimes you can't teach an old dog new tricks, lol
                              Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

Working...
                              X