Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what exercises do you perform for each body part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what exercises do you perform for each body part?

I'll start:

Chest - dips, db flat bench press, db incline bench press
    Delts - db military press, lateral raises, rear lateral raises
    Triceps - skulls, close-grip bench press, dips
    Back Width - wide-grip pulldowns, medium-grip pulldowns, close-grip pulldowns
    Back Thickness - hypers, rack deads, rows
    Biceps - db curls, wide-grip cable curl, close-grip cable curl
    Forearms - reverse curl, wrist curl, reverse wrist curl
    Calves - calf raises on leg press, seated calf raises, calf raises on hack squat
    Hams - lunges, single-leg leg curl, stiff-legged deads
    Quads - leg extensions, front squats, squats

I made this thread because I'm trying to think of some other exercises for both back width and hams and thought I could get some ideas here.

well you came to the right place , are you trying out dc training ?
    "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

These are not in order...

Chest: Incline Smythe, Incline DB, Decline Smythe
      Shoulders: Behind the Neck Smythe, OH Press, Nautilus Shoulder
      Triceps: CG Bench, Reverse Grip Bench, Extensions
      Back Width: Rack Chins, Wide Grip Pulldowns, Close Grip Reverse Pulldowns
      Back Thickness: Rack Deads *alternate between these and from the floor deads*, TBar Rows with Barbell in the Corner, BB Rows
      Biceps: Alt. DB Biceps Curls, EZ Bar Curls, Cable Curls
      Forearms: Pinwheel Curls, Hammer Curls, Reverse Grip Cable Curls
      Calves: Calf Press on Leg Press, Standing Raises, Seated Raises
      Hams: SLDL, Seated Leg Curl, Ham press on Leg Press
      Quads: Squats, Hacks, Leg Press

Comment

Originally posted by Crex
        I'll start:

Chest - dips, db flat bench press, db incline bench press
        Delts - db military press, lateral raises, rear lateral raises
        Triceps - skulls, close-grip bench press, dips
        Back Width - wide-grip pulldowns, medium-grip pulldowns, close-grip pulldowns
        Back Thickness - hypers, rack deads, rows
        Biceps - db curls, wide-grip cable curl, close-grip cable curl
        Forearms - reverse curl, wrist curl, reverse wrist curl
        Calves - calf raises on leg press, seated calf raises, calf raises on hack squat
        Hams - lunges, single-leg leg curl, stiff-legged deads
        Quads - leg extensions, front squats, squats

I made this thread because I'm trying to think of some other exercises for both back width and hams and thought I could get some ideas here.
        You need to make some changes, I see. We only do the most compound of movements to gain the most possible, so let's take out the lateral raises, both rear and regular. To be honest with you, I am not real sure how Dante feels about the hypers, that's a little iffy to me. Also for quads, we really don't like leg extensions. So far though, your routine has been one of the better ones I have seen, hehe. You may also want to look into Rack Chins for Back Width too.

Comment

maybe throw in some goodmornings and hack squats?
          www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

the above suggestion was in conjunction to allens suggestions to your exercises..

for hams - i like seated leg curls.. ham presses are nice too (do on the leg press with feet wide and high. experiment a little until your hams are doing most of the work).

edit: the leg curls are good since they are easy to rest pause with. go higher reps around 20-30rp. ham presses are straight setted for around 12-20 reps
            Last edited by MsteveM; 07-17-2004, 12:00 AM.
            www.trueprotein.com

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Yeah I used to do what you're saying, like:

Delts: db military press, bb military press, machine shoulder press
              Back Thickness: deads, rack deads, deads with hex bar
              Quads: front squats, squats, leg presses

The problem (to me) was that since they're basically all the same exercises and they work the same muscles, I guess I couldn't recover fast enough. I know that DCT is somewhat written for people on gear, and that gear can of course help one recover faster, but I'm natural at the moment and even while eating shitloads of protein everyday, I couldn't add weight. So my theory is the isolation movements (laterals, hypers, leg extensions) give my muscles a longer time to recover after working them with compound movements like military presses, deads, and squats.

Comment

I know that DCT is somewhat written for people on gear.
                Not true. Yes, some are, but I believe some 70%, myself included, aren't on gear.

There are many reasons why you may not be recovering fully between workouts. My first thought is are you doing the extreme stretching? It's there to help you recover. Your lifestyle may be impairing your recovery abilities or you may just need more time between workouts. You could try a 3 day split instead of the two day to allow the muscles more time to recover. I think that would be a better use of your time rather than using exercises that are inferior in mass gaining results.

Comment

I already perform extreme stretching and do the three day split. I guess I could try splitting it up even more...like:

Day 1: chest, delts, triceps
                  Day 2: back width, back thickness, biceps, forearms
                  Day 3: calves, hams, quads
                  Last edited by Crex; 07-18-2004, 03:09 AM.

Comment

.....I know that DCT is somewhat written for people on gear,....

First time I heard that .......
                    Never forget to lock your fridge! The INHUMAN one is near!

Comment

crex, "DC training" is by no means written for people on gear. even most of dante's trainees are natural. what type of split were you trying? for most, the M,T,TH,F split hitting each part 2X/week is tough for most people to keep up with on this program.the M,W,F,M type split should work for most people- frequency of this is 1X every 4 days. if that doesnt work, then space out the workouts even more like a M,F.
                      www.trueprotein.com

Comment

Alright sorry about the gear comment, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just read somewhere, though I can't find it now, that DCT is meant for people who are on.

Anyway yeah, I'm already doing the MWF split...

Comment

Just one of the many misinformed rumors about this program. Good luck though, Crex. You will love it!

Comment

Okay I found it, from the AnabolicMinds forum (http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15344):

Originally posted by Iron Addict
                            It is based on the premise that ALL aspects of it are incorporated. And also remember the original thread is called cycles on pennies and the format as first presented is geared towards those using gear. If you are not, additional rest dsys and less or no rest-pause may very well (likely) be needed.

Comment

Crex 90% of the people I train are clean---the 2 things that vary mostly in bodybuilding is recovery and genetics. Inhuman for one has incredible recovery ability regardless of being clean or enhanced, he would still be king of the hill in that regard. There are natural guys I train that blow away enhanced guys in recovery. IA is entitled to his opinion here, but most trainees are fine on the regular mwf schedule and a small percentage overtrain on it....this is entirely individualistic. Ive seen some guys with incredible genetics who were huge who had recovery ability that sucked wind. Could Dorian Yates do Ronnie Colemans routine? Could anyone in this forum? Most likely not. The guy lifts 6 times a week doing bodyparts twice with multiple sets and incredibly heavy weights. Its because Colemans recovery ability is freaking amazing. Theres huge amounts of natural guys with better recovery than heavy abusive juicers out there....again this is all individualistic and I have to build things on the average person (which really really sucks sometimes--especially when i touch on diet on boards)---everyone wants DC's diet in a strict 100% format and it cant be done like that. Im obviously not going to put a 300lb obese guy with 175lbs of muscle mass and a 200lb leaner guy with 175lbs of muscle mass on the same exact diet
                              @dante_trudel

Comment

Working...
                              X