Extreme Stretching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme Stretching

OK, I hate newbs that don't use the search function.
    So I've run several searches trying to find a breakdown of DC extreme stretching.
    Can't find it.
    Is there a link to this somewhere or is it proprietary to DC trainees only?
    Or am I just blind and can't fathom the basics of the search function?

Last edited by ctgblue; 07-16-2004, 05:47 PM.
    Lift big 2 get big
    TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
    mod at bodybuilding.com
    mod at iron-forum.com
    mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??
    "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
    Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

here ya go:

CHEST: Flat bench 90lb dumbbells chest high--lungs full of air-- I drop down into the deepest flye I can for the first 10 seconds or so with my lungs full of air and chest out---then staying there I arch my back slightly and try to press my sternum upward --this is absolutely excruciating--the rest of the 60 seconds I try to concentrate on dropping my elbows even farther down (I try to but I don’t think they are going any lower--LOL)---the last 15 seconds I’m pretty much shaking like a leaf, I have tears in my eyes and I think about dropping bodybuilding and becoming a tap dancer on Broadway (ok that parts not true)--My opinion is people should use dumbbells that are a little over half of what your heaviest set of 6-8 reps would be. I cant state this enough--extreme stretching royally sucks!!! Its painful. But I have seen
    amazing things with people -especially in the quads.

TRICEPS: Seated on a flat bench-my back up against the barbell---75lb dumbell in my hand behind my head(like in an overhead dumbell extension)--sink dumbell down into position for the first 10 seconds and then an agonizing 50 seconds slightly leaning back and pushing the dumbell down with the back of my
    head I like one arm at a time in the bottom position of a dumbell triceps extension----going to the extreme stretch and then slightly pushing on the dumbell with the back of my head.

SHOULDERS: This one is tough to describe--put a barbell in the squat rack shoulder height--face away from it and reach back and grab it palms up (hands on bottom of bar)---walk yourself outward until you are on your heels and the stretch gets painful--then roll your shoulders downward and hold for 60
    seconds.

BICEPS: Olympic bar in a power rack or squat rack about neck high---face away from it and reach back and put both hands over the bar gripping it----now either sink down with one leg forward/one leg back or better yet squat down and try (I say try because its absolutely excruciating) to kneel. Go down to the
    stretch that is almost unbearable and then hold that for 45 to 60 seconds. Your own bodyweight is the load. What I do is put the bar at a place on the squat rack in which I can kneel at a severe stretch and then try to sink my ass down to touch my feet. If its too easy I put the bar up to the next rung.

BACK: Honestly for about 3 years my training partner and I would hang a 100lb dumbell from our waist and hung on the widest chin-up bar (with wrist straps) to see who could get closest to 3 minutes--I never made it--I think 2 minutes 27 seconds was my record--but my back width is by far my best body part--I pull on a doorknob or stationary equipment with a rounded back now and its way too hard too explain here--just try it and get your feel for it.

HAMSTRINGS: Either leg up on a high barbell holding my toe and trying to force my leg straight with my free hand for an excruciating painful 60 seconds or another exercise I could only show people and not type here.

QUADS: Facing a barbell in a power rack about hip high --grip it and simultaneously sink down and throw your knees under the barbell and do a sissy squat underneath it while going up on your toes. then straighten your arms and lean as far back as you can---60 seconds and if this one doesn't make you hate my guts and bring tears to your eyes nothing will---do this one faithfully and tell me in 4 weeks if your quads don’t look a lot different than they used to.

CALVES: my weak body part that I couldn’t get up too par until 2 years ago when I finally thought it out and figured out how to make them grow (with only one set twice a week too) I don’t need to stretch calves after because when I do calves I explode on the positive and take 5 seconds to get back to full stretch and then 15 seconds at the very bottom "one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand etc" --15 seconds stretching at the bottom thinking and trying to flex my toes toward my shin--it is absolutely unbearable and you will most likely be shaking and want to give up at about 7 reps (I always go for 12reps with maximum weights)--do this on a hack squat or a leg press--my calves have finally taken off due to this.

I just love the calf workout
    jim
    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
    Good luck
    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

OK, so I screw multiple pulleys into two trees that are 10-12' apart, tie ropes arouind my limbs and through the pulleys, attaching the other ends to a 4x4 mid 80's Bronco with a 351 Cleveland in it.
      Hve the driver inch forward until the ropes are taught, then have him spin the tires for approx 60 seconds. Any limbs still attached are now fully stretched?
      :kick:

Truthfully, thanks for the detailed explanation.
      So basically, either weight assisted or BW assisted stretching with about a 45-60 second hold.
      I am assuming that you ONLY stretch each bodypart AFTER you are done with it?
      Do you do this BETWEEN sets, or wait until you are done with the workout and go into a several minute "stretch of death" routine?

Any idea what I can do for quads until my knees are back to 100% (about 70% now)?
      I think your sissy squat stretch would have me in braces at this point.
      I will try your arm stretches today as I am hitting them at 9am.
      Lift big 2 get big
      TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
      mod at bodybuilding.com
      mod at iron-forum.com
      mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

Comment

stretch each bodypart as soon as you are done with it, except back(stretch back when you finish both the thickness and width exercises.) i honestly dont know about the quads though, the stretches i have found all are pretty rough on the knees
        My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

Also, do the biceps stretch after you're finished with forearms.

Comment

Originally posted by ctgblue
            OK, so I screw multiple pulleys into two trees that are 10-12' apart, tie ropes arouind my limbs and through the pulleys, attaching the other ends to a 4x4 mid 80's Bronco with a 351 Cleveland in it.
            Hve the driver inch forward until the ropes are taught, then have him spin the tires for approx 60 seconds. Any limbs still attached are now fully stretched?
            :kick:

Truthfully, thanks for the detailed explanation.
            So basically, either weight assisted or BW assisted stretching with about a 45-60 second hold.
            I am assuming that you ONLY stretch each bodypart AFTER you are done with it?
            Do you do this BETWEEN sets, or wait until you are done with the workout and go into a several minute "stretch of death" routine?

Any idea what I can do for quads until my knees are back to 100% (about 70% now)?
            I think your sissy squat stretch would have me in braces at this point.
            I will try your arm stretches today as I am hitting them at 9am.
            If you like on chest day you can do chest/shoulders/triceps then go ahead and do all three stretches at once, Dante told me that at first and I told him I love the pain directly after my static and he said thats fine either way...
            "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Thanks guys, especially jimpaul, for the help with this
              I tried the tricep and bicep stretches today, Oh did I say I hate you guys for sharing this with me, I DO!
              Lift big 2 get big
              mod at bodybuilding.com
              mod at iron-forum.com
              mod at melanoplanet.com

Comment

The stretches hurt like hell but they are DEFINITELY an integral part of the program. Keep with it and you will be thanking Dante even more in a couple months I dunno about you guys, but I gotta say the most painful are..and in order...hamstrings, quads, chest!

Comment

are there any other tricep stretches besides the one dante mentioned. i have a hard time feeling that stretch sometimes.
                  My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

I believe there is also one that is basically an overhead BB Extension, heavy hitter. If you aren't feeling the triceps stretch, make sure that you are holding the DB as deep as possible and even using your head to push it down even further.

Comment

Originally posted by heavy hitter
                      are there any other tricep stretches besides the one dante mentioned. i have a hard time feeling that stretch sometimes.
                      I hear that quite a bit about this stretch, if you use the Smythe and only let your shoulder blades touch the bar and you hang that DB behind your head one handed so only the top part of the DB is anywhere near your head, so its almost hanging, that will stretch so much, then as the time progresses you can with your head push the DB down farther slowly til it burns even more...
                      Last edited by In-Human; 07-18-2004, 11:11 AM.
                      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

I just gave a new tricep stretch to chasedog---maybe he will post it up here (im running late for a movie)
                        IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

Please do Chasedog coz I'm getting to be so agile that I cant feel the regurlar triceps stretch as much as I used to do

Comment

Here ya go:

WITH A BARBELL AT CHEST HEIGHT IN A RACK--HOLD ONTO IT WITH AN OVERGRIP (PALMS DOWN) AND DUCK YOUR HEAD UNDERNEATH THE BAR AND PUSH HARD INTO THE STRETCH.

I think I may be too flexible for the other one. No matter what I did, I only got a mild stretch.

Comment

see, my problem is my shoulders are extremely flexible. if i lean up angainst the bar and extend my arm behing like i'm supposed to. i can nearly touch the dumbell to the middle of my back. i feel it in my shoulder before i can get a good stretch on the tri's

Comment

Working...
                              X