It's working Dante!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's working Dante!

I went out tonite for the first time in probably a year or more and I ran into a few old friends. The first guy was one of the biggest and strongest guys I ever worked out with. I remember one time I had to spot him when he was declining. He had like 5-6 plates each side and I remember being very nervous and telling him that if he got stuck I would try to deadlift it long enough to get his head out from under it. Man was I nervous about it! We use to call him the "Beast from the East". It was kind of sad to see him without all his size and strength tonite. He found out he had diabetes, which is better than the stories I had heard about him having a heart attack and dying. (People are so screwed up) lying and such. But I was just glad he was alive! Well he tapped me on the chest and said, "You got big, I can't believe how big you are!" That made my nite for sure!!

Then when I was leaving and saying goodbye, I told the guys I was gonna try a couple of other bars, the other guy said, "Try this bar and that bar, I'd tell you to be carefull but your one huge mofo!"

Thank you Dante!
    little jim :dcchomp:
    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
    Good luck
    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Originally posted by jimpaul
    I went out tonite for the first time in probably a year or more and I ran into a few old friends. The first guy was one of the biggest and strongest guys I ever worked out with. I remember one time I had to spot him when he was declining. He had like 5-6 plates each side and I remember being very nervous and telling him that if he got stuck I would try to deadlift it long enough to get his head out from under it. Man was I nervous about it! We use to call him the "Beast from the East". It was kind of sad to see him without all his size and strength tonite. He found out he had diabetes, which is better than the stories I had heard about him having a heart attack and dying. (People are so screwed up) lying and such. But I was just glad he was alive! Well he tapped me on the chest and said, "You got big, I can't believe how big you are!" That made my nite for sure!!

Then when I was leaving and saying goodbye, I told the guys I was gonna try a couple of other bars, the other guy said, "Try this bar and that bar, I'd tell you to be carefull but your one huge mofo!"

Thank you Dante!
    little jim :dcchomp:
    Love that stuff huh Jim? Me too. One of the many benefits of the sport, keep it up bro sounds like your doing a great job!

-James

Comment

I've been getting nothing but compliments lately, as well. Even at my now very soft 219. A friend of mine that went to BYU and came back here to get married hugged me the other day and was like, "ALLEN! I can't get my arms around you and your back is hard as a rock! Still a little pudge though" and she poked my stomach, LOL. Then I was doing my back stretch the other day and this dude was like, "You can fly, aint it?" I just chuckled and said, "Say what?" he said, "hey, yall niggas get ova here and check out dis nigga wings, bo". Then a couple other guys came over and started talking to me. Then one dude was like, "Damn dude I remember you, you used to be pretty damn big but you blew da fuck up bo". Then we just chatted a couple more minutes and I left.

I sure as hell don't do this shit for other people or to get noticed, but it IS nice when people DO notice It's funny though, I used to be put in some sort of negative, 'thats really weird' light about my bodybuilding...but now that I am even bigger people are responding more positively. People are weird, LOL.

Comment

i hear you guys. the other day i stopped to get some gas and ran in to a buddy i haven't seen in like 3 years. he's all "damn, you look thick as hell." iv'e always been somewhat insercure about my size but in the last 6 months i have put on 35 pounds. it's hard to see the size gain on yourself so it feels good to hear it from someone else every now and then,(even though it's kind of embarrasing)
        My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

It's definately a good feeling when someone you haven't seen in awhile notices the hard work you've put in.

When I started back training after a lay off and sporadic training. I weighed a very lean (6%-7%) 164 lbs. When I started training with DC I was at 189 lbs. and now the rest is history. Just 2 weeks short of finishing a blast (may cut it short 1 week), and now I weigh about 228lbs. So in a year and a half roughly I've put on a little over 60 lbs.

People definately notice that weight gain. People also look at you different. My wife says that guys look at me more than they look at her.......I thought that was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowblind
            People definately notice that weight gain. People also look at you different. My wife says that guys look at me more than they look at her.......I thought that was funny.
            Ain't it the truth, LOL...
            "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

for real. i mean, i'm always one to check out hot chicks, but when some HUGE sob walks by, i take notice
              My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

60 lbs in a year and a half?! Damn, nice job!

Comment

Thanks bro....DC is the man, no question about it. I feel like I'm eating all the damn time. My wife is tired of going to the grocery store to feed my FAT ASS!

It's kinda funny, but when I go to the gym....I see guys that I USED to think were big and strong. But I'm catching them in a hurry. It seems I spend about a half an hour talking with some guys about this style of training after my workout is complete.....as long as they leave me alone when I'm in the zone.

Thanks again for the compliment bro.

Snowblind

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
                  60 lbs in a year and a half?! Damn, nice job!

Comment

Snow, Its nice to see you posting here, I figured you ate your fingers and forearms and you were unable to post and the wife just said forget it she ain't doing it for you, lol.

Real nice gains you got, damn nice job, good to hear from you...
                    "That damn log book"

Comment

Thanks In-Human.....I read all of the various boards....I just don't post too much. I figure I should make an appearance every once in awhile and let some of the guys know how I'm doing.

There are so many boards now with so many threads on DC training that it can get difficult to keep up. I do try and read all of it though......just incase some new ideas should surface... I want to be "in the know" on new things related to DC training.

For example....I've incorporated Rack drag pulls into my routine, and I love them. I saw DC post about them awhile back, so I decided to give them a shot.

Also In-Human....thanks for all the posting you do on the subject....I am still learning quite a bit just from reading your threads.

Comment

I saw some people last night that I hadn't seen in a while - since starting DC training. I've put on weight and about 4 people said I looked slimmer than before. I hate people.
                        Training Like Crapp Takes Intensity

Comment

Originally posted by ApoCz
                          I saw some people last night that I hadn't seen in a while - since starting DC training. I've put on weight and about 4 people said I looked slimmer than before. I hate people.
                          My favorite saying that just pisses me off to no end is, "are you getting skinnyer", I want to just tear thier arms out of their sockets and beat them over the head with them, get it right, "I am losing BF, ok"...
                          "That damn log book"

Comment

Originally posted by Snowblind
                            Thanks bro....DC is the man, no question about it. I feel like I'm eating all the damn time. My wife is tired of going to the grocery store to feed my FAT ASS!

It's kinda funny, but when I go to the gym....I see guys that I USED to think were big and strong. But I'm catching them in a hurry.
                            That's exactly what I'm experiencing!
                            I can't wait to be at it again!

jim
                            ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                            Good luck
                            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                            SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                            TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Working...
                            X