• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique My Diet

6 egg whites with 1 yolk
    a bowl of plain oatmeal, not the instant kind
    Post Workout shake of WPI Ion, creatine, glut peps, multi vitamin
    big ass steak of some kind, usually from saltgrass with veggies and good amount of carbs
    protein shake
    few chicken breast, whole wheat pasta, veggies,
    protein shake
    few more chicken breasts, veggies, olive oil
    nother shake, olive oil
    chicken breast and veggies, olive oil

on off days i eat cleaner, with less carbs and one less meal, i need to get some damn green tea, i make sure to eat red meat at least once a day, i try to keep it to steaks but am gonna start buying ground beef

thanks for the replies everyone! your help has really helped me succeed in the sport of bodybuilding! no j/j, but seriously, how does my diet look? i think i grow off fats cause all carbs do is add fat, i guess that means the fats are gonna add muscle lol, btw, is cardio on an empty stomach okay or should i have a shake before? ill only be doing a 3.7 speed walk on the treadmill 4 times a week

Comment

The answer is 42 and a half
      IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

Originally posted by Richard85
        btw, is cardio on an empty stomach okay or should i have a shake before? ill only be doing a 3.7 speed walk on the treadmill 4 times a week
        Have a whey shake of about 30 grams before your cardio.

Comment

If your following DC's training then you'll know he doesnt discuss diets because thats something he keeps for PAYING clients.

He although has given us advice, or guidelines by which we live. 2g of protein per lb of bodyweight.

If you want the info read everything u can find.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp
            The answer is 42 and a half
            LMFAO, Dante, since when did you become so cynnical?

Comment

Im not just asking his trainees, im asking other experienced lifters as well that know a lot about what diets it takes to pack on mass

Comment

it's hard to tell from what you posted since you dont have the amounts of foods that you are eating. I have found that it is more productive to weigh out and measure everything that you eat within reason. You don't have to be a complete anal retard about it but it does help you see what you are doing. I think that when you do this you will be shocked to find out that you are not eating as much as you thought.
                I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

If you just follow the program as it's outlined, there is no need to ask for criticism of your diet.

Comment

ok i will give you the critique you are looking for if you do two things for me.

1) what is your height, weight, age, wrist and waist size?

2)add in the quantities of food/protein powder you are consuming
                    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Comment

Originally posted by nemo
                      ok i will give you the critique you are looking for if you do two things for me.

1) what is your height, weight, age, wrist and waist size?

2)add in the quantities of food/protein powder you are consuming

19, 5 10, 185, 12%BF

every time i have the chicken i usually have about 3 breasts, the steaks are all about a pound each, and my protein shakes have 75 grams of protein, for the carbs and veggies i eat about a bowl sized serving, i try not to eat too many carbs and everytime i have the olive oil i have about 2 tablespoons

Comment

You really need to measure shit out so you have an idea of what you are eating. Being a hundred calories or 20 grams off on your protein in each meal can be more than enough to slow your progress or bring it to a halt. It really is not that hard to measure your food out on a regular basis. All you need is a cheap ass scale from walmart and some measuring cups and measuring spoons. Usually I will cook a few days worth of food at one time weigh and measure it and dump it in some ziplock bowls. I try to keep close tabs on my portions monday through friday and then on the weekends I cut loose. I use it more as a way to make sure I am getting my minimums on all the macronutrients in. Some days I will eat more with things I get when I go out etc...
                        I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

ok richard based on the info you have given me there are a couple things you could probably tweak.

chicken breasts are great, for dieting. replace that with the much cheaper ground beef when you are trying to gain some size. red meat is your friend. tasty too

protein powders are great for pre/post workout meals and if your schedule is really tight they can be a life saver for squeezing in some protein on the run. however, excluding pre/post workout, if you have enough time eat real food. make your meals in advance and eat out more if time is a bit of a problem. im a big believer in food.

this may be the first time i have ever said this to anyone but if your quantities are accurate you are probably eating a fair bit more protein than you need to. a good rule of thumb is to get in 2g of protein/pound/day and to use your desired bodyweight when calculating this. so for you if you were trying to get up to 200 pounds 380-420g/day should be good. based on your numbers you would be consuming around 600g+/day.

overall i would say your diet is a bit excessively clean. throw some chicken wings, ground beef, and that sort of thing to up your cals a bit. at that age your metabolism is running mighty high and you need those cals to grow
                          It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard85
                            6 egg whites with 1 yolk
                            a bowl of plain oatmeal, not the instant kind
                            Post Workout shake of WPI Ion, creatine, glut peps, multi vitamin
                            big ass steak of some kind, usually from saltgrass with veggies and good amount of carbs
                            protein shake
                            few chicken breast, whole wheat pasta, veggies,
                            protein shake
                            few more chicken breasts, veggies, olive oil
                            nother shake, olive oil
                            chicken breast and veggies, olive oil

on off days i eat cleaner, with less carbs and one less meal, i need to get some damn green tea, i make sure to eat red meat at least once a day, i try to keep it to steaks but am gonna start buying ground beef
                            hey i think you forgot the 12 pack of miller light for meal 10, lol...
                            TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

Lol...
                              Massive G
                              Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Working...
                              X