Returning to DC after 6 years!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning to DC after 6 years!

I just recently watched David Henry's new video "Extreme Measures" and absolutley LOVED IT! It was so inspiring and motivating. I've come to the conclusion that I want to start back with DC training.I am a competitive bodybuilder and model. At my best I weigh 190-192lbs at maybe 2 or 3% bodyfat. I'm 24yrs old and I am natural, although I did 1 cycle and ended up fuckin up my body, so for now...I'm playing the natty game.
    Anyway, I really liked how David trained 4 days and I also like how he usually did 2 "exercises" for each bodypart. He'd do his usual 3 RP set, and then after he would do a widowmaker of another exercise. I loved that aspect of it. Originally, I did a 3 day/week split:
    Monday- Chest/Back/Shoulders/triceps
    Wed- Forearms/biceps/legs
    Friday- chest/back/shoulders/triceps

Monday-forearms/biceps/legs
    Wed-Chest/back/shoulders/triceps
    Friday- forarms/biceps/legs

You get the idea of what we were doing? Now, my question is, how is someone supposed to pick what exercises to do, which are the better choices, which are the best etc etc etc?
    I loved how David henry did his workouts, but would just like a description of his workouts, how there done, the rep scheme and the exercises.
    Also, would love alternatives....I guess a lot of that would depend on what is available in your gym?

So I would love some feedback on exactly how to train Doggcrapp again and the different variations, diet/nutrition, etc all the things I would need to know.

Peter Rusted

read the stickies

Comment

you may get told the 4 way split is only for very advanced guys like david henry.....

if you plann on staying 190lb to model dc prob aint the right thing for you??? its not designed to keep you pretty.... just big and strong. good luck brother..

Comment

It's been stated by both responses...you will want to start using the three way split. If your looking for routines/exercises etc. as DC User stated read the stickies and read others training journals.

Good luck-Keep posting
        When you're a hammer...the rest of the world looks like a nail...

You are at war with your logbook. Don't focus on the war, focus on the day to day battle and your victory in the war will be assured

Comment

Originally posted by Ironraider View Post
          It's been stated by both responses...you will want to start using the three way split. If your looking for routines/exercises etc. as DC User stated read the stickies and read others training journals.

Good luck-Keep posting
          People get this messed up...

2 way =MWF vast majority of people should be on for a long time, best for overall growth.

3 way=MTTrF(or something close) advanced bodybuilders who have spent time on the 2 way who need to bring up lagging bodyparts. If nobody knows you are a bodybuilder even in a long sleeve shirt this is not you yet.
          Use SAM210 for 5% off your entire order at www.trueprotein.com 10% if you order 16 lbs or more!

Now, if you would kindly drop this little debate before I am forced by the voices in my head to drive to where you live, find you, rape you, eat your heart and then go workout with your blood on my hands.

Comment

If I was coming back to DC after an extended break I would be going with the two way split all the way refamiliarizing my body to the rigors of this method of training before considering making any changes.

Comment

Pete,

To echo SuperD, Dave and I (I'm the other guy in that video) have been training with the 2 way split now for the past few months since the Olympia last year. Dave's at his all time largest.

Two-way split (which is a three day a week program) is the way to start and the best way to gain muscle mass all over.

-Scott
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMcDonough View Post
                People get this messed up...

2 way =MWF vast majority of people should be on for a long time, best for overall growth.

3 way=MTTrF(or something close) advanced bodybuilders who have spent time on the 2 way who need to bring up lagging bodyparts. If nobody knows you are a bodybuilder even in a long sleeve shirt this is not you yet.

DOH!!! Yes...my bad, I was trying to convey three days per week training. Having my 8 month old crying in my ear was throwing my thought process off a bit.

Thanks for making the correction!
                When you're a hammer...the rest of the world looks like a nail...

You are at war with your logbook. Don't focus on the war, focus on the day to day battle and your victory in the war will be assured

Comment

Dr. Scott....wow it's an honor! It was a thrill to watch both yourself and David in the video!
                  I was told to post some pictures, so I'll post some pictures from my first show in 2004, in which I dieted 10 months out from a weight of 260lbs to being onstage at 185lbs. I was 20yrs old(turned 20yrs old 3 days out). In this show I won the Junior Division and placed third in the lightheavyweight class.
                  I'm posting one from onstage and another was a before and after from 260lbs and 200lbs at 2 weeks out. I've lost a lot of pics over the years...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Now these are from my most recent show in 2006, I competed in the NPC Florida Gold Cup and won the Novice and LightHeavyweight classes. I weighed in at 178lbs.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here's a few more...I have some actual poses I took that morning on a friend's camera, but she hasn't passed them along to me yet.
                      Attached Files

Comment

good shape bro..... sorry didn realise you actrually competed, you made it sound like you modeled first and foremost....

damn.... dieting from 260lb to 185lb must have really taken hard work.....

Comment

Working...
                        X