Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best cardio for fat loss?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best cardio for fat loss?

    Hey I know if you are doing cardio at a fast pace it stops taking the energy primarily from the fat storage, so what pace and how long should i go? i have been doing a jog at around 5 on the treadmill for a half hour

  • #2
    I do absolutely no jogging or running whatsoever because I would get too lean. I walk at a good pace for 30-45 mins during contest prep. I do no offseason cardio.

    TH
    For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

    Comment


    • #3
      Which is...exactly what Dante recommends and has stated over and over.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have always took a walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes (offseason) 3 times a week at 3.4 miles per hour. I usually burn 220-250 calories per session. Some people claim to like to run full speed for 15 minutes and call it H.I.T. cardio, sorry but thats not for me. But I am not expert in this field so someone else might could provide better input.

        Comment


        • #5
          Depending on your age your heartbeat should be between 65-85% of max heartrate for fat burning...
          "That damn log book"

          www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

          Comment


          • #6
            For me I do a 5 minute warm up on the treadmill prior to lifting. Then when I'm done I walk at between 3.8 and 4mph for 20 minutes. Also sometimes I do the eliptical.

            Comment


            • #7
              i use the eliptical machine for 30 minutes 3 times per week. i go fast enough that i can talk but not so slow that i can carry on a conversation.
              It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

              Comment


              • #8
                oh but thats not for fat loss, that is what i do all year. i do no additional cardio for fat loss i just adjust my diet.
                It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Munster & I start the day 3 days/wk (T-T-S) w/ aminos, then 35 min of low intensity interval training consisting of alternating brisk walking with slow jogging at 5 min each and follow it up with more aminos. It gets the heart rate up during the jog portions, but doesn't keep it elevated the entire 35 min. We react differently to it. The walking kicks my butt because his stride is so long, the jogging kicks his butt because he's considerable heavier, but we've only been doing this for (this go around for weight loss) 2 weeks and its falling off. Once he's pushing for major muscle gaining he'll stop the jog portions and only walk briskly.
                  "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
                  Theodore Rubin

                  Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TheLil'Missus
                    The Munster & I start the day 3 days/wk (T-T-S) w/ aminos, then 35 min of low intensity interval training consisting of alternating brisk walking with slow jogging at 5 min each and follow it up with more aminos. It gets the heart rate up during the jog portions, but doesn't keep it elevated the entire 35 min. We react differently to it. The walking kicks my butt because his stride is so long, the jogging kicks his butt because he's considerable heavier, but we've only been doing this for (this go around for weight loss) 2 weeks and its falling off. Once he's pushing for major muscle gaining he'll stop the jog portions and only walk briskly.
                    Yeah, what she said.
                    CrossFit Champions
                    Champions Combat Arts

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If I want to do two half hour sessions cardio=/day, on a workout day if I do cardio after weights, would i take in my post workout shake affter weights or after cardio?

                      Thx!

                      Originally posted by RaulJimenez
                      The idea here guys is not to burn calories per se, but to keep BP in check and heart benefits, also it will improve you appetite.

                      For fat losss purposes, cardio is better done on an empty stomach in the morning or after workout.
                      "Your biggest challenge isn't someone else. It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs, and the voice inside you that yells 'CAN'T", but you don't listen. You just push harder. And then you hear the voice whisper 'can'. And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are."
                      - Unknown

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I like dancing to trance music....A few caps of G...perhaps a tab or two and I'm ready for a night of fatburning fun.Don't forget to stay hydrated guys....Lots of H2O....
                        Massive G
                        Discount Code MASSG

                        www.trueprotein.com

                        Discount Code MASSG

                        MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

                        MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by FrigginHuge
                          I like dancing to trance music....A few caps of G...perhaps a tab or two and I'm ready for a night of fatburning fun.Don't forget to stay hydrated guys....Lots of H2O....
                          LMFAO

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RaulJimenez
                            For fat losss purposes, cardio is better done on an empty stomach in the morning or after workout.
                            and even better done drinking a protein shake upon waking and then doing the cardio.

                            Dance Dance Revolution is always fun if you're looking for something different to do for cardio... but some of you heavier ones might break the pad.
                            www.trueprotein.com

                            www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

                            "Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

                            "if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

                            Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.



                            "Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sweatin' to the oldies

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X