Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, the thread for you all DCers on a budget!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, the thread for you all DCers on a budget!

OK you cheap bastards, this is it! This is for all you DCers that are DCing with not a whole lotta DC dough. For instance, yours truly. Post your ways of saving money on this program. I don't care if it's certain products out there that are great for it that no one knows about, deals on food, cheap food period, etc etc. I guess I will give a few of mine...

1. For me, sometimes chick titties are just too damn expensive. My solution? Chicken leg quarters. These things are SUPER cheap, they sell for .49 cents a pound normally around here and as low as .29 cent a pound on sale! Ok yea, that means $2.90 for a fucking ten pound bag. $29.00 nets you one hundred pounds. They are easy as hell to cook, too. I used to hate going through the trouble of peeling off the skin and fat, but now I don't even bother and eat them as is.

2. Eggs. Eggs, eggs, eggs. Damn I eat so many whole eggs. These are one of my number one sources of cheap protein. Always get Large or XL, they don't cost much more at all and are considerably bigger than medium. What does bigger mean?! MORE FOOD!

3. Fat Free Cheese/Cheese in general. Depends on if it's a pro/carb or pro/fat meal. Man does cheese make EVERYTHING taste better. Seriously, I put the shit on everything. Adds protein/cals and makes everything taste so DAMN cheesy! Buy cheese in bulk, you'll save tons of money. It's not really even that expensive once it gets down to it.

4. Ground Beef. Red Meat. King Meat. Big Meat. Lots and lots 'o' red meat. This is my chief protein source next to whole eggs. Don't worry about spending tons of money on 99% fat free or some shit like that. Just rinse the shit off...lol

5. Green Tea. Re-use the bags. That's all I gotta say. I see alot of people throwing away the bags after they're used. Hell I re-use mine about 3 times before they lose most their benefits. Granted after the first time the tea won't be QUITE as potent as the first...but I still see it as a slight waste of money to just throw them out after one shot.

6. Generic Brand Crystal Lite. Crystal Lite is kinda expensive, isn't it? Yeaaa it is, don't even lie. Do yourself a favor, go down to Wally World *Wal Mart* and pick up some generic, Wal Mart brand Crystal Lite. I usually get Lemonade, but the Raspberry Ice and Iced Tea are some other recommended flavors. The stuff is cheap too, only about $1.50 for a cylinder of 6 tubs, so it yields the same amount as Crystal Lite as well.

Well, that's all I'm gonna have for now. CHEAP BASTARDS - PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR WAYS OF SAVING MONEY!

Thanks you

Great thread....Here's another great tip..When you go out to restaurants just order an iced tea or something and sit and wait for the folks at the other tables to finish eating....Chances are they've left some good quality food right there on their plates that's heading straight for the trash...What a waste....Speed over to their vacant table (hurry...you've gotta beat the busboy to those plates) and scarf down that tasty free meal....Do this a few times and you're good to go....And what did it cost you.?..About a buck fifty.....
    Massive G
    Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

A little off topic, but what I really need is someone in America willing to buy me all the great diet extras you can get over there to make shit taste better without overdoing it on the junk. Like that low carb choc milk, all your sugar free sweetened atkins shit and "I can't believe it's not butter" cooking spray. You could probably do all my shopping for me to, ship it here, I'd pay for the shopping, conversion and shipping - probably work out cheaper than buying here.

*Update - is there maybe a website where you can buy this stuff online that anybody might know about or true protein you could expand your inventory, you'd get me as a customer.
      Last edited by ApoCz; 07-08-2004, 02:18 AM.
      Training Like Crapp Takes Intensity

Comment

hmmmmmm :showoff:

Comment

I just but chicken breats in bulk, I am not jay or ronnie who can get all their food fresh, so I go cost effeicent to get the best result possible
          Twitter:@badbadleroyb

Comment

you could also marry into the local chinese restaraunt owners family too!
            SweatMachine
            (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

buy a whole cow from a slaughter house and tell how you would like it cut up. You will save a ton of money. Of course you will need a freezer.
              "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

I have heard you can get 3 pound tubs of tuna at some of those warehouse stores for a reasonable price... might be worth checking that out.

I'm gonna try the reusing the tea bags idea today... good suggestion!

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by PTAaron
                  I have heard you can get 3 pound tubs of tuna at some of those warehouse stores for a reasonable price... might be worth checking that out.

I'm gonna try the reusing the tea bags idea today... good suggestion!

I used to buy them at costco and they weren't badm but I still like the individual little cans better, keeps the tuna fresher.

Plus walmart or other grocery stores usually haver a sale on tuna, for like $.047 a can here in Toronto, so my tips are

1. Everytime you get a paper with the local flyers, their your best friend to fine good buys on red meat, fish and chicken.

2. I agree on the chicken legs, but after eating them for a year, I got sick of them, and I find there a bit too fatty for me, I still preffer working a few extra hours or cutting other places to get my chicken breasts.

3. Cottage Cheese, buy tons of it, really cheap good for ya, and with a bit of dill sprinked on top its nice to eat. Keep it really chilled and it tastes even better in the summer.

4. Always buy family packs of meat, never the individual packs, you save about $3.00 this way.

And thanks for the tip on the crystal light, I'm gonna stop by wally world on the way home from work, I had no idea they had a no name brand, dammit and I've been buying crystal light for so long, shit its expensive. :dcchomp:
                  Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

Extra lean ground beef in bulk, i have replaced all my chicken meals with this, i can eat more of it per sitting and it's WAY cheaper than Chicken. Also egg whites, i drink 2x500ml cartons per day, cheap like 2.50 ca each, each 500ml is 50g of Protien. I buy my protien in bulk when i can. Also i get 25lbs of sole from local fish market for 75$ ca which is cheap and 1/2 price compared to groc. store. What chicken i do buy now i get at Cosco (Sam's club basicly) for 12.69 per KG vs 16-18 in groc. store. Also been eating a lot of ground bufflo, cheaper than chicken, tad more than ground beef but very lean.

Comment

Just a quick question, whats the nutrition info for extra lean ground beef :dcchomp:
                      Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

Nutritional Links here;

http://intensemuscle.com/forumdispla...aysprune=&f=40
                        Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
                        Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
                        www.TrueProtein.com
                        *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

PS.... @ FH & Sweaty!!
                          Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
                          Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
                          www.TrueProtein.com
                          *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

I buy as much steak as my freezer will hold, especially when it's only 1.69 a pound. I use different seasonings such as Mcormick's "Montreal Steak" Grill Mates and seasoned meat tenderizers. I know they aren't the best cuts but with the amount I'm slamming I can't see spending upwards of 5 bucks a pound.

works for me
                            jim
                            ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                            Good luck
                            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                            SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                            TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

go to costco and buy one of those huge ass cans of tuna and a big tub of low fat cottage cheese. mix them together in a tupperware container.

lots of protein, low in fat, cheap as shit.
                              It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X