Skullcrushers. Literally!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skullcrushers. Literally!!!

So TheLil'Missus and I go to the gym today, which we just joined this past weekend, to do upper body:
    Chest-DB Incline Press
    Delts-Standing Military
    Triceps-Braincrushers
    Back Width-Pulldowns, front
    Back Thickness-Bentover Barbell Rows

Everything is going great until Tri's. On about our second set, I'm bending down to pick up the weight I'm going to hand to TheLil'Missus for her set. She goes to lay back on the bench at exactly that moment and...

...BAM!!!

Back of her head smacked right into the top of mine. Didn't hurt either one of us but we were laughing for the rest of the workout.

We probably would have gotten the giggles under control if it weren't for the doofus doing bench while we were doing barbell rows. This guy's got his girlfriend spotting him on his max lift of 215, bouncing the bar 3 inches off his chest on each rep.

Anyway, thought I'd share our "new meaning to the movement SkullCrushers" workout with ya'll.
    CrossFit Champions
    Champions Combat Arts

Munster,
    A similar thing happened to me once. I had just finished my set and handed tha bar back to my training partner. He put the bar down on the end of the bench as I sat up fast and we went forehead to forehead. I saw stars and he went down to his knee's. The only thing worse than that was once we were doing behind the neck press and everytime we saw each other in the mirror we started busting out laughing for no reason. It got so bad that one of us had to leave the room for the others set. I'm laughing my ass off just thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by sammysdad
      Munster,
      A similar thing happened to me once. I had just finished my set and handed tha bar back to my training partner. He put the bar down on the end of the bench as I sat up fast and we went forehead to forehead. I saw stars and he went down to his knee's. The only thing worse than that was once we were doing behind the neck press and everytime we saw each other in the mirror we started busting out laughing for no reason. It got so bad that one of us had to leave the room for the others set. I'm laughing my ass off just thinking about it.
      That reminds me of another story. This one time, at band camp..

Oh wait. Wrong thought.

No, really. At the Y we used to work out at, they had 2 pullup stations that faced each other. TheLil'Missus and I are doing pullups at the same time, her at one station and me at the other. On about my 4th rep, her 3rd or 4th, our heads came up over the equipment at just the same time and we found ourselves making funning struggling faces at each other. We both busted out laughing and couldn't stop for 2-3 minutes. Then, we had to literally walk away from each other while one did their set or we'd start laughing again. That day turned into a "peekaboo" joke between us that lasted for weeks.
      CrossFit Champions
      Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Ouch, have her hit your shoulder next time ok...
        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

I'm dying man, I can just picture coming over the top to see my wife AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
            Ouch, have her hit your shoulder next time ok...
            Yeah, you had to bring up the shoulder.

(Actually, it's doing a lot better. I'm finding it's more a matter of retraining my form.)

Hey, this is my 100th post! Yey, me!!!
            CrossFit Champions
            Champions Combat Arts

Comment

I was doing B/N Presses w/ a barbell once - in an OH press bench w/ a built in rack w/ safety bars. (Very nice set-up, BTW.)

I'm on my last rep doing a negative and bringing the bar behind my head to put it on the safety bars.

My hero comes running up behind me, attempts to leap onto the spotting platform and trips, falling hands-first into the bar and ramming it into the back of my head.

He damn near knocked me out. I was pissed!!!

-R
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

lol,,, thats wrong!!!
                I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus
                  I was doing B/N Presses w/ a barbell once - in an OH press bench w/ a built in rack w/ safety bars. (Very nice set-up, BTW.)

I'm on my last rep doing a negative and bringing the bar behind my head to put it on the safety bars.

My hero comes running up behind me, attempts to leap onto the spotting platform and trips, falling hands-first into the bar and ramming it into the back of my head.

He damn near knocked me out. I was pissed!!!

-R

Oh my god...I hate that when you are doing a nice controlled negative (shaking like a leaf) and some 120 pound jackass comes flying from halfway across the gym to "help" you out. Thanks a lot buddy...good looking out :Punch: :Punch:

Comment

Nice accidents guys, last time I was doing Behind Rack Chins we were up to 110 lb bar and on my last portion of the r/p set I went up and scraped my head hard on the bar and took some skin off, my training partner said, "Nope that one didn't count", man the guy has no heart...
                    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

This thread is rather humorous!

TH
                      For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

That reminds me of another story. This one time, at band camp..

LOL LOL LOL
                        No-one trains HARDER!!

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                          Nice accidents guys, last time I was doing Behind Rack Chins we were up to 110 lb bar and on my last portion of the r/p set I went up and scraped my head hard on the bar and took some skin off, my training partner said, "Nope that one didn't count", man the guy has no heart...
                          hahaha - if thats a true story then its some funny shit!

hahahaha
                          Some people are so afraid of dying they never actually start living.

Comment

I remember one time somone ran over to spot me on my dumbbell presses for chest, incline, about a year ago, he spot me for 2 reps, the first one was fine, but then on the second one, he rammed the weight up, and made the dumbbell hit each other at the top, to hard, I lost my balance and my chest bascially failed, I dropped the 110's on my chest, got up, and called it a week. I damaged my right shoulder and my pec, gee thanks for the hero spot buddy!.

Always be careful who spots you, that why I only get spots from people I trust, like a partner or the wife. No one else anymore.
                            Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

ok i got one too. My cousin and I used to work out with one of my other friends and my friend was "spotting" my cousin on skullcrushers. He is in good spotting position, his hands are under the bar, my cousin brings the bar down slowly and then all of a sudden loses it and it cracks him right in the dome. huge lump on his forehead for days. Ever since then my cousin has a complex when it comes to doing skulcrushers. He flinches whenever the bar gets close to him. I laughed for about 3 days when it happened though.

Comment

Working...
                              X