• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Creator_11
    IntenseMuscle Tech
    Admin
    • Jun 2004

Rack Chins if your too heavy?

I know I've asked a few question today already, but I got one more to ask.

I can do only about 4 to 5 pullups, and probabily not to many rack chins when I try to attempt them tommorow. My question is what if I can only get like 4 or less, should I just keep at them, there damn hard to do when you weight 295lbs.
    Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com
  • USMuscle9403
    Banned
    • Apr 2004

Doesn't matter how much you weigh. I can only do a certain amount of chins too, but I can do LOTS of bodyweight Rack Chins. It's a very different movement.

Comment

• humdawg
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
      Doesn't matter how much you weigh. I can only do a certain amount of chins too, but I can do LOTS of bodyweight Rack Chins. It's a very different movement.
      what's the diff. b/tw chins & rack chins?

personally i find that i am stronger on chin-ups (bw+30 x 10) than pull-ups (bw x 8) and that i get a much better biceps pump than back pump.

Comment

• USMuscle9403
        Banned
        • Apr 2004

Combining our knowledge, accomplishments within the sport, and our love for promoting and the athletes who compete – we created Mayhem Promotions.

Comment

• humdawg
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
          next question - how do you get 'set-up' for this one? i mean, how do you get the weight situated? forgive me if i'm seeming stupid here but i'm having visions of my busting my ass on the gym floor.

Comment

• Doggcrapp
            Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert
            • Feb 2004

training partner puts it on your lap-----Hey im 290 and my record is 120lbs in the lap for 17 RP but Dave Henry is going to beat that very very soon because he is flying up the rack chin poundage ladder faster than Ive ever seen anyone

(actually its 17 not 21 i just checked)
            Last edited by Doggcrapp; 07-06-2004, 02:53 PM.
            IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

• Clemente
              • May 2004

Just out of curiosity, do you guys think its easier to use a loaded EZ curl bar in your lap? Do the grooves help it stay in place?

By the way, Dave Henry might want to wear a cup with that kind of weight . . .

Comment

• In-Human
                IM Veteran Member
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Clemente
                Just out of curiosity, do you guys think its easier to use a loaded EZ curl bar in your lap? Do the grooves help it stay in place?

By the way, Dave Henry might want to wear a cup with that kind of weight . . .
                Yes I like to EZ cause it just sits just right in my lap, the straight bar was killing me...
                "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

• humdawg
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Doggcrapp
                  training partner puts it on your lap
                  and if you train alone - any ideas? (besides getting a training partner LOL)

Comment

• xRAJAx
                    Middleweight Member
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by In-Human
                    Yes I like to EZ cause it just sits just right in my lap, the straight bar was killing me...

Ez bar works good. Also, if your just starting out, a plate works and fits fine too. I've been using a 25 and 35lb plate across my lap with no problem.

R

Comment

• In-Human
                      IM Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by xRAJAx
                      Ez bar works good. Also, if your just starting out, a plate works and fits fine too. I've been using a 25 and 35lb plate across my lap with no problem.

R
                      When I got to the two 45 lb plates with the lat pulldwon bar stuck in the holes, I decided to go to the bars instead, we go up to 130 welded cambered, small straight bars...
                      Last edited by In-Human; 07-06-2004, 05:26 PM.
                      "That damn log book"

Comment

• xRAJAx
                        Middleweight Member
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by In-Human
                        When I got to the two 45 lb plates with the lat pulldwon bar stuck in the holes, I decided to go to the bars instead, we go up to 130 welded cambered small straight bars...

LoL, definelty go with the cambered bar then! :showoff:

I'm talking about us humans not in-humans.

I can't wait for the day I can slap a 100lb bar across my lap and do rack-chins!!

R

Comment

• In-Human
                          IM Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by xRAJAx
                          LoL, definelty go with the cambered bar then! :showoff:

I'm talking about us humans not in-humans.

I can't wait for the day I can slap a 100lb bar across my lap and do rack-chins!!

R
                          LOL, you will be very surprised how fast your weight come up in this exercise...
                          "That damn log book"

Comment

• heavy hitter
                            Heavyweight Member
                            • Jun 2004

these are awesome. i did them for the first time today. i could only do my bodyweight plus a few pounds but they hurt like hell anyways. i hope i feel em tommorow
                            My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

• house1
                              • Jun 2004

rack chins , is something i will be adding to my workout -- very nice

Comment

Working...