50 rep leg presses Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 rep leg presses Q

When doing your 50 rep leg presses, how do you guys perform then, say you get 15 then rest then do another 15 then rest, and so on, do you guys pause at the bottom of the press,or at the top for a few seconds and then continue.
    Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

I have tried them only once, will do them again next blast though. I got as many reps as I could possibly squeeze out, then I would take a few deep breaths until I felt like I could squeeze more out. I just kept doing that until I completed 50. Sort of like a really huge rest/pause set...just not with the 15 huge breaths. I kept with the reps pretty continuously, only pausing at the top or bottom if I felt I needed to take a fre more breaths. Anyone else want to add?

Comment

why does everyone make such a big hype about 50-rep leg presses? i've routinely gone through high-rep leg presses 'phases' in which my leg day was a set of 50, a set of 40, then a set of 35, adding weight as i go. that doesn't even seem like that much to me ???

Comment

Why are you so negative? This is a technique to bring up lagging quads via the Leg Press. If you don't like this or DC training, then don't do it. It's just that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by humdawg
          why does everyone make such a big hype about 50-rep leg presses? i've routinely gone through high-rep leg presses 'phases' in which my leg day was a set of 50, a set of 40, then a set of 35, adding weight as i go. that doesn't even seem like that much to me ???
          If you can do 40 reps after your 50 repper you did not do a DC style 50 rep leg press set. In fact, if you can do 4 reps after the 50, you didn't do it DC style. I can't walk after a good 50 rep set. Takes a good 10 minutes lying on the floor crying before I trust my legs just to hold me up and even then I hobble back to the locker room... And the stretching is agonizing but it's all part of the fun!

Comment

Yes, exactly. humdawg, you were obviously not doing the Leg Presses right if you can do all that.

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
              Yes, exactly. humdawg, you were obviously not doing the Leg Presses right if you can do all that.
              Even after the 20 rep squats I sitting there calling for my mommy, lol.
              Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

Originally posted by Creator_11
                Even after the 20 rep squats I sitting there calling for my mommy, lol.
                maybe i just train legs differently than the rest of the world but 5 sets of squats for 20 reps each is another leg workout i've done in the past. also done a LOT of 10 x 10's.

Comment

Tell me the weight you brag to everyone about doing leg presses with first? Like what you get for 6 ball busting reps? 10 plates a side? 12? 14? 16? and Im talking knees to armpits here, none of this 6 inch knee dip and back up crap.

Now take that weight you brag to everyone about and cut it in half (exactly half) and do 50 reps with it without racking the weight once--and come back in here and tell everyone how easy that is. Yes if you are doing 14 a side for 6 your doing 7 a side for 50!
                  IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

DC, Thank you, I did not want to get involved...
                    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

I havn't endeavoured to do the 50 repper yet... but my 23 repper last week was absolutely agonizing. I can only imagine how 50 reps will be. Something I found about leg presses is... I can do around 10 reps and feel like i'm about to fail, and somehow muster around another 10-15 reps. Sometimes legs are like a never ending piston. I think the problem a lot of people have is they get to that 'almost failure' point and just rack it, instead of blasting out all the reps they can. Eventually though, your legs WILL fail lol.

:showoff:

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp
                        Tell me the weight you brag to everyone about doing leg presses with first? Like what you get for 6 ball busting reps? 10 plates a side? 12? 14? 16? and Im talking knees to armpits here, none of this 6 inch knee dip and back up crap.

Now take that weight you brag to everyone about and cut it in half (exactly half) and do 50 reps with it without racking the weight once--and come back in here and tell everyone how easy that is. Yes if you are doing 14 a side for 6 your doing 7 a side for 50!
                        first, i'm not trying to brag - i just want to understand everything properly so i can maximize my gains. in reading back through it, it does seem to come off that way - sorry about that.

to give you an idea of the weights i've been moving, my last leg press set this past week was 9 per side for 10 full reps - and i do my reps full - knees to shoulders and up again.

i'll look back at my last high-rep leg day when i get home. i'm thinking the third set topped out about 4-5 plates per side. i'm sure my weight in DC training terms was a bit low, but i had a shitload of volume prior. maybe the prior volume wasn't as taxing as one heavy workset?

thanks for all the help!
                        Last edited by humdawg; 07-06-2004, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by humdawg
                          first, i'm not trying to brag - in reading back through it, it does seem to come off that way. to give you an idea of the weights i've been moving, my last leg press set this past week was 9 per side for 10 full reps - and i do my reps full - knees to shoulders and back up.

looking back at my last high-rep leg day, it was 2 a side x 50, 3 a side x 40, and 4 a side x 35. so my weight in DC training terms was a bit low, but i had a shitload of volume prior. maybe the prior volume wasn't as taxing as one heavy workset?

again - i'm not trying to brag here - i just want to understand everything properly so i can maximize my gains.

thanks for all the help!
                          Its all kool, sometimes we get a little attitude cause some people do not know exactly how are routines go, I do 9 plus a 25 per side for 50 and I do not tell anyone what I do unless they ask directly or in a PM.

This program will zap the cockyness right out of anyone in a minute and egos are not allowed in the gym either...
                          "That damn log book"

Comment

In Human,

My ego was immediately checked at the door the minute I first logged onto a training web forum.

Its funny, there are an awful lot of 400+ lb benchers out there on the internet.

Very few in the gyms I've been in though, lol . . .

-Clemente

Comment

Clemente, Ain't it the truth, I lift at a pretty hard core gym and I rarely see anyone Decline or Incline over 400 for 8-10 reps, I have noticed that more numbers are used on the net than at the gym...
                              "That damn log book"

Comment

Working...
                              X