Exercise Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercise Q's

I got a coupe of questions regarding DC training that I hope all can put there input into.

1. When doing calf training do you guys still pick 3 exercises, and if so do you still do the same style of training on them using the 5 second negative, then the 15second stretch at the bottom then an explosive positive.

2. I have three exercises for quads: front squats, smith squats and leg presses, at some point in time not sure when, but I'm gonna max out on one of them and I am going to need to change once of the exercises, what other exercises are there other then lunges, since my gym has no form of a hack squats. I hope I am not over analysing this, just curious really.
    Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Originally posted by Creator_11
    I got a coupe of questions regarding DC training that I hope all can put there input into.

1. When doing calf training do you guys still pick 3 exercises, and if so do you still do the same style of training on them using the 5 second negative, then the 15second stretch at the bottom then an explosive positive.

2. I have three exercises for quads: front squats, smith squats and leg presses, at some point in time not sure when, but I'm gonna max out on one of them and I am going to need to change once of the exercises, what other exercises are there other then lunges, since my gym has no form of a hack squats. I hope I am not over analysing this, just curious really.
    #1-Yes

#2-Squats, Leg Press, Hacks.

Do not worry about topping out or stagnating now, just get into the program, some exercises you will top out or stagnate in a few months others may take a year...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

1. Yes

2. Haven't gotten to that point, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
        #1-Yes

#2-Squats, Leg Press, Hacks.
        yes, but as asked, what about those of us that train at gyms w/o hack squat machines.

squats, leg presses, fronts squats ... what else?

Comment

What other squat machines do you have?

Comment

What about hacks without a machine? I do those, although not well...

Comment

Yes, you can do those. I have tried them once before and I hated them though, hehe. My forearms gave out before my quads did, and I was barely even supporting the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
                What other squat machines do you have?
                the only other squat machine he have is some sort of hammer strength machine - it's on a lever w/ springs but i really don't like it - it doesn't get low enough for me to get any real work. it's more like partial squats

i've done things w/ the smith before like close-stance squats, squatting w/ my legs out in front of me - would those be sufficient or can someone make someother suggestions? what about lunges done in a smith?

any advice/help is greatly appreciated as my quads are in need of serious development - i'm naturally hamstring-heavy with a large knee structure (which makes my quads look even smaller) and i'm really needing to pound the hell out of my quads to bring them up.
                Last edited by humdawg; 07-06-2004, 03:00 PM.

Comment

You can do hack squats on the smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasedog
                    You can do hack squats on the smith.
                    please expound ...

Comment

Rack the bar at hip level. Stand with your back to the bar. Foot placement depends greatlly on your height, try about 2 feet in front of your body and use a few very light warmups to get the placement right. Use wrist straps so that your grip doesn't limit you. And take a very wide grip so the bar stays at hip level. Unrack and squat.

Comment

Originally posted by humdawg
                        yes, but as asked, what about those of us that train at gyms w/o hack squat machines.

squats, leg presses, fronts squats ... what else?

you could try different variations of squats. perhaps a closer stance with toes pointed forward to emphasize outer sweep, then maybe a wide stand with toes pointed out to emphasize the inner sweep. just at thought. my gym at school doesn't have a hack machine either, so I was doing squats, leg presses, front squats... didn't have to change so I didn't have to come up with anything else. right now i'm at home and we have a hack squat machine which i will be using untill i go back to school.

Comment

Working...
                        X