Help With Increasing Aggression/Confidence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Increasing Aggression/Confidence

Hey guys, i'm looking for opinons/help for increasing my aggression and confidence.

I'm naturallly a very unaggressive person, and not very confident and pretty shy. I am feeling that this is putting a hindering on my gains, and that if I was more aggressive ad confident I could put up more weight that I currently am in many lifts.

I also want to be aggressive in everyday situations and am sick of being the passive one, I want to be more aggressive, bottom line.

Just wanted your guys opnion and help, and also what i can do to psych myself up before my heavy sets in order to get max aggressiveness and max weight up, and what you guys do to psych up.

Thanks in advance guys.
    TRUEPROTEIN.COM
    --THE BEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS FOR THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICES

stop caring what people think, even though frigginhuge is an asshole lol he did give me some good advice a while ago and it has helped me realize a lot of things, in a short time i have stopped giving a fuck and now it seems I get more respect, and more girls. if you think about it, why does someone else's opinion matter over yours? theyre people too with parents, imperfections, and weaknesses and I think if you realize that it will help a lot, im done i dont wanna sound like dr phil lol

Comment

Bottom line is this.
      If you know what the fuck you're talking about, don't take any crap off anyone.
      I don't give a damn who I am in a meeting with, challenge me on a point, that I'm right on, and I'll bury you. Mess with me for no reason, and I'll get in your face. Now if I am at fault, I'll eat the embarrassment and fess up (you gotta do both to be taken seriously).
      Now take that attitude to the gym. You own that weight right? Well then stop being a pussy, SHOW it that you own it.
      Hell, I'd have never gotten into the mid 500's on squat if I hadn't just been pissed off enought to show the weight I could do it.
      Multiple sets of 10 with 405, I just kept upping the weight until I was getting them.
      Now if I had only listened to that little voice telling me that 450lb leg extensions were a stupid idea, I'd still be squatting 500+ instead of waiting for my knees to heal.
      So, if you KNOW you've got it, don't even think twice, just go get it.
      If you miss it, go get it the next time. Hell it took me 3 weeks with 525 to get the damn depth I was happy enough with to call it a squat.
      The same with other things, I was shy with women. Then I met my wife and I KNEW I was the guy for her. 6 months later we were married. I refused to let that one get away.
      Now go get it and stop whining!!!!!!!
      Lift big 2 get big
      TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
      mod at bodybuilding.com
      mod at iron-forum.com
      mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
      So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??
      "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
      Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

Comment

BG2F, whether it's the set I'm about to do or eating a meal, I like to think to myself, "It all comes down to THIS!!"

That usually sends me right thru.

And if it's women your talking about, think of this guys, there are alot more beautiful women that are lonely out there. For the reason that they are beautiful. Guys look at them and think, "they're taken or they're too goodlooking to want to be with me."

Trust me it's true. One of my last girlfriends was a real looker and you could of knocked me over with a feather when she just walked up and planted one on me out of nowhere.

Yes, you have to believe in yourself too, BG2F! You'll be fine.

jim
        ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
        Good luck
        Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
        SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
        TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

careful what you wish for bro. I used to be very aggressive and confident but it often got me into situations with undesirable endings in all aspects. It sometime made me a bear to be with and made my friends uncomfortable to be around me. All in all, if it's about women, jimpaul is spot on. If it's about getting more aggressive in the gym, great, just let it stay in the gym.
          Trueprotein.com

Troponin Athlete

Lana's EggWhites "Get Hard, Stay Hard"

Comment

If you stand up and make yourself heard just a few times. those everyday situations will come up less and less. I used to be like u very passive, but I stood up and destroyed a people when they challenged me on points and now people are more spprehensive to challenge me. The fear of not knowing what the other person knows is scary and I think I terrified a few people with the knowledge I had on a few subjects.
            :showoff: Pain is weakness leaving the body – and strength training is the antidote. :showoff:

5% off trueprotein.com order when U use the discount code erl633

Comment

babygetoboy,

My personal advice, and this is not just related to the gym, is the write down some short to medium term, achievable goals and make them happen.

Whether it has to do with work, the gym, family or friends, it doesn't matter.

I think you'll find that success brings confidence, which yields more success.

Don't look ten years out. You'll make yourself miserable.

I'm new to DC training and still establishing baselines, but I think you can apply the "beat the logbook" mentality to everyday life. Strive to be a better friend, a better family man, a better employee on a daily basis. This isn';t bullshit. You'll look back a year from now and wonder at how far you've come if you're diligent.

-Clemente

Comment

confidence and aggression are not brothers. You can be confident in your life without being aggressive. I am very confident in my work and in my intelligence. Less so about my apperance but that is changing as I change. But I am also very passive. I have never been in a fight in my life. The risk vs Reward was never in my favor. This does not mean I back down. I don't usually but I do keep things from coming to blows. (except when I was jumped in Wisconsin-But that is another story) Bro Self Confidence comes from achieving. Set small goals along with your big goals. WRITE them Down in your Log. And mark that shit when you get it. As lifters we tend to change our goals as we go along-so it seems like they are never being achieved. If you write it down you know what youve done and where youve been. Good luck

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

I agree with rugbythug 100%. Very sound advice. I try to put that kind of thing into practice everyday.

Our post times indicate we were probably writing our posts at the same time and I think you see their similarity.

Comment

Originally posted by rowtogrow
                    careful what you wish for bro. I used to be very aggressive and confident but it often got me into situations with undesirable endings in all aspects. It sometime made me a bear to be with and made my friends uncomfortable to be around me. All in all, if it's about women, jimpaul is spot on. If it's about getting more aggressive in the gym, great, just let it stay in the gym.

I know what you mean. It sounds like you are talking about me.

This thread sounded to me like you were asking about gear and what to use to be more aggressive. I really like the way everyone steared away from that and talked to you about attitude, drive, and introspection. Thiws is much more important than all the gear you could ever do.

Comment

Originally posted by babygetoboy
                      Hey guys, i'm looking for opinons/help for increasing my aggression and confidence.

I'm naturallly a very unaggressive person, and not very confident and pretty shy. I am feeling that this is putting a hindering on my gains, and that if I was more aggressive ad confident I could put up more weight that I currently am in many lifts.

I also want to be aggressive in everyday situations and am sick of being the passive one, I want to be more aggressive, bottom line.

Just wanted your guys opnion and help, and also what i can do to psych myself up before my heavy sets in order to get max aggressiveness and max weight up, and what you guys do to psych up.

Thanks in advance guys.
                      There is a fine line to walk here, sure you can be an asshole to everyone and not care what people think and that will get you nowhere, but why not be someone who has confidence in themselves so you get respect from others and the biggest thing here is you must like yourself.

I am not talking self absorbed or Narsisitic, just haveing that confidence in yourself that you can deal with any situation any everyone you come in contact with. That is what people see and people like, its not fake its you being you, ok and if you piss a few people off, well so be it, but don't back down from anyone and feel good about yourself.

Damn now that I think about it, this person I just explained is psycho, lol, just kidding, hope that helped a little...
                      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Originally posted by Swellin
                        I know what you mean. It sounds like you are talking about me.

This thread sounded to me like you were asking about gear and what to use to be more aggressive. I really like the way everyone steared away from that and talked to you about attitude, drive, and introspection. Thiws is much more important than all the gear you could ever do.
                        You know if really think about this aggression bullshit and gear, its just a week minded person that can't handle it, of course if you are a dick and you do gear, you will be more of a dick real easy, but if you are cool then sure you fuse can be short, but use your head, no reason to go off on stupid meaningless shit...
                        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

as someone who's goal is to compete, i find it easy to keep my intensity up in the gym. i constantly remind myself that somewhere, in some gym, somebody with the same goal as me is working a little harder than i am to achieve it. that usually helps me get that last rep or two.

Comment

Some good point made in this thread already.
                            My thoughts are that not caring and not worring about what people think are not one and the same thing.Sometimes when people (such as me....LOL) come across as not giving a shit what it really is is that I don't tend to let the words or actions of other folks affect me like a little puppet...reacting to all and every comment and insult so predictably that you can almost see the strings....
                            I believe that confidence/self worth is something that can be built just like you build muscle...with the right combination of positive stimuli....reading the right books...goal setting....hanging out with positive empowering people.etc....etc....
                            I could go on but I personally don't read any posts longer than this one so I won't...LOL
                            Massive G
                            Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                              You know if really think about this aggression bullshit and gear, its just a week minded person that can't handle it, of course if you are a dick and you do gear, you will be more of a dick real easy, but if you are cool then sure you fuse can be short, but use your head, no reason to go off on stupid meaningless shit...
                              Agree 100%...I am much mellower when I'm on.I'm more focused, I'm happier cos I know that my training is going well...It's when I'm off that you have to watch out...LOL
                              Massive G
                              Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Working...
                              X