Another Rack Dead Question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Rack Dead Question!

I want to take a survery of what height people start this exercise at. IN my cage, the pin settings workout so that I can start either right above my knee, at the very top of my knee cap, or about an inch below the bottom of my knee cap. Obviously, this little increment will make a big difference in thew amount of weight I'll be able to hoist, as starting right above the knee gives you significantly better leverage... so what to do? Where do you guys start? I just am really anxious to start doing this exercise properly and with some gusto.
    Thanks alot.
    "you don't pay a whore to fuck you, you pay
    her to leave in the morning"

Mine is about the same as yours. I start just below my knee cap.

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
      Mine is about the same as yours. I start just below my knee cap.
      Same here. In the starting position, with knees slightly bent, the bar is just below my kneecap.
      CrossFit Champions
      Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Shhh we are trying to keep Rich85 from doing it
        @dante_trudel

Comment

DAMNIT! Yea Dante, delete this thread before Richard85 gets a hold of it and starts asking questions again, lol.

Comment

LOL...I'm taking Richard85 under my wing...Give me 6 months and he'll leave the rest of you MFer's in the dust...LOL

Oh..BTW...In case you couldn't tell....Today was day#1
            Massive G
            Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Originally posted by FrigginHuge
              LOL...I'm taking Richard85 under my wing...Give me 6 months and he'll leave the rest of you MFer's in the dust...LOL

Oh..BTW...In case you couldn't tell....Today was day#1
              yeah its true, im going to Dallas next week, and I will be there for all of next year for school (SMU), so watch out...

Comment

my arms are so damn long if I start right above me knee I would only move the thing about 2 inches. I go right below the kneecap if I do do them. As of late I have not been hitting them that often though due to major back problems.
                I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

I pull from mid-shin...I"m stronger from there than if I go from knee high
                  Massive G
                  Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

I think I gotta bring the pegs down a notch... I've only done them twice and I love them but I don't now if I can do them next week because my back is F'd for some reason. Good exercise though, i'm still waiting for my traps to catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by FrigginHuge
                      I pull from mid-shin...I"m stronger from there than if I go from knee high
                      i am the same way, i have more power throughout the movement if i set the pins lower.

tpc
                      TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

Originally posted by James
                        I think I gotta bring the pegs down a notch... I've only done them twice and I love them but I don't now if I can do them next week because my back is F'd for some reason. Good exercise though, i'm still waiting for my traps to catch up.
                        I feel your pain bro,,, my back is a bitch anymore. I tore my lat back about a month ago doing deads. I tried to get back in a week and a half ago and do them again. Bam fucked my back up again . It is frustrating to say the least.
                        I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

Originally posted by tpc
                          i am the same way, i have more power throughout the movement if i set the pins lower.

tpc
                          Right...I figured that when I pull from knee level that's right in the middle of where my sticking point would be.Makes sense that the less distance you have to move the weight the stronger you'll be but for some reason that doesn't apply 100% here....BTW my rack deads are about 100lbs stronger than my floor deadlifts.What about you guys?
                          Massive G
                          Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

Originally posted by Richard85
                            yeah its true, im going to Dallas next week, and I will be there for all of next year for school (SMU), so watch out...
                            How is SMU? I need to visit it and TCU. I just got back from Baylor and was thoroughly impressed by their anti-dancing regime. Good fitness center though.
                            "I got rocks on my hands just like a dope fiend."

Comment

Im transferring there from UT Dallas, UT dallas sucks, thats for sure , my friends at SMU like it, Dallas is a cool town in general

Comment

Working...
                              X