Partials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partials

I'm curious to know if anyone has ever used any other partials for one of their alternate three lift per bodypart besides partial deadlifts? Like Partial benches, shoulder presses, squats ect. If not what's the reason?

I used to do partials on many of my lifts and so do others, but I was informed by another DC trainee that this may not be the best way to go. So, on my next blast, I will only do full reps.

Comment

By the way, by partials I mean at the very end of a set, I would try my best to still complete reps as best I could. I would continue doing this until that muscle really couldn't move anymore, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mjolner
        I'm curious to know if anyone has ever used any other partials for one of their alternate three lift per bodypart besides partial deadlifts? Like Partial benches, shoulder presses, squats ect. If not what's the reason?
        IMO the only partial should be the rep you fail on...
        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

I don't think you get exactly what I mean, the partial I was reffering to is like doing the top 1/4 of the movement for reps. Bench press as an example you would set up the pin in the rack 4-6 inches or so below lock out and then press from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjolner
            I assume you are referring to rack deads as partial deads since you only go down to your knees?

Comment

no no no, not those kinda partials. Just stick to the program as it is outlined.

Comment

I used lift "power factor" style a few years ago, its a form of high intensity training that has you doing nothing but partials. I had some good gains in certain areas (lats, pecs, bis, calves) but some exercises SUCKED (close grip partial bench, 4 inch deads "for hamstrings") so needless to say it left something to be desired, but those guys certainly had e uniquie aproach to lifting and calcualting workout production... their theories are not completely dismissable.
                "you don't pay a whore to fuck you, you pay
                her to leave in the morning"

Comment

Yes, but this is DC training.

Comment

I know that, otherwise I wouldn't be posting... I'm not saying incorporate it in to DC, I'm just noting another "alternative" theory (just as DC is) with its advantages and faults.
                    "you don't pay a whore to fuck you, you pay
                    her to leave in the morning"

Comment

A static rep is basically a partial in loose terms (apple and oranges). Alot of my trainees do a static hold or static reps as the very last thing after their last rest pause on an exercise. I like them to do it only for mental reasons predominantly--some people talk about TUT and other factors but honestly when you can toy with an extremely heavy weight even when your spent, your confidence to blow past that barrier goes up greatly.
                      IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

Sidenote:: and doing statics or partials at the very end of a rest pause set has very very little to do with the gains people are getting....its the ever increasing of the poundages that is making the huge changes. I have to keep correcting people who email me asking specifics and worrying about statics/partials. Its of the very least importance in any of my methods....taking your shoulder press from 90lbs to 315lbs for reps is going to make huge changes regardless if you can eke out 2 static reps at the end
                        IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

When I get kinda heavy in some exercises the static is almost not there since I am so blasted from the workset, I still give them a go, but sometimes I do 5 seconds and other times I get 20, then the extreme stretch and you are smoked...
                          "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Statics are great, I love them. I shoot for 30 seconds every time of course, but every time it's about 10-12 seconds, my highest ever being 13 seconds lol

Comment

Working...
                            X