Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little rant. Those who wanna gain size and dont try.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little rant. Those who wanna gain size and dont try.

Lets get to it. I was talking to my cousin last night. He's 6' maybe 120lbs at best. He's been skinny all his life. I started working out with him when i was 14. That was 5 years ago. He's 4 years older than me so at the time he was 18 and i still outlifted him on everything. I could easily double his weights and reps. So at that time my cousin was like, " Yea dude we gotta get some size, we'll get huge". At the time we used the weider training book, we used that to try develop ourselves.

So we shift on a few years. Im 17 , he's 21. Ive lost 90lbs of bodyfat, gained some strength and my stamina improved dramatically. He still stands 6' and 120lbs. We decide to join a gym. At the time i was eating 4 meals a day 3 protein shakes and trying to gain as much muscle while maintaing low bodyfat. He was just trying to put on any weight possible.

As time goes by he starts to lose his interest in liftin because he's discouraged. He cant gain anything. He squats, it hurts his hip, he deadlifts its uncomfortable, he incline benches and there goes the elbow and shoulder, etc etc.

He slowly stops coming to the gym and it just comes the point where he quit. While i continued to lift and discovered bodybuilding.

No present day. I tried within all that time to get him into the gym, told him to eat more. So he comes to me last night and says. " Dude if i join the gym, will you train me". I said yea if you come in at the times that im there. "blah , oh well".
    I jus go off on him. Its like the same fucking thing everytime.

"Hey asim how long you think it will take me to gain 15lbs".

I tell him over and over. Sort out your diet man. You eat next to nothing and come to me asking how to gain weight. You dont wanna squat or deadlift, and ask how your gonna gain size.
    I say eat everything in site, train hard and the gains will come.

So he says," Yea but i dont wanna be beefed just average"

Well the gains aint gonna come overnight u fool. You gonna be dorian yates in a day?

He tells me to chill out but i was soo fuckin pissed off. I give him the advice. He wants to have the sizebut is not willing to put any effort into it. I said if he has the desire he'd have done it already.

Funny thing i must have started at the same muscular size as him. All the fat was hiding me being skinny. Cause once i lost it i was thin. I had a tough time getting to average.

I just hate it when people want to get some size but are not willing to put any effort into it.

Just had to rant.

Now that i think about it slightly ironic, cause im still small by bodybuilding standards. But atleast im giving it my all now.
    Last edited by asim; 06-25-2004, 01:35 PM.

tell me about it... im in the same boat. i work in a health food store so i get people like this several times a day. i tell them to eat more than 1 or 2 a day and they get that look in there face... you know the one, like they ate something violently sour. or if they're over weight i tell them to talk a walk once and awhile or do some gardening, you know. anything that will keep them active and they look at me like i just took a shit on their shoe.

just dealing with that imagine what dc has to put up with. probably 100 emails a day and 95% are from people like that. its enough to make one go mad.

Comment

Originally posted by OffDaMuscle
      ...that look in there face... you know the one, like they ate something violently sour. ....

:p That's funny.....true, but funny.

I've gotten the same thing, believe it or not. I have learned to 1/2 listen and just wait to see if they're serious. Causes me less stress.
      Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
      Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
      www.TrueProtein.com
      *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

See i was actually left there quoting things which DC , massive G and inhuman have said in the past about people using the DC training system. Only i used it towards his lack of effort towards gaining size generally.

He came to me for advice not because im big but because he's seen the changes ive made. The difference between me and him is, i have the desire and im willing to put everything into gaining size. He doesnt put any effort into it.

If someone asks you to train them. And you say well this time is when im in and thats whats convenient for me. And they just go oh well i guess i wont train. WTF. I guess he gave up kinda easy there right. Then he wont take the advice on nutrition either.

Lost cause i guess.

Comment

Yup, I learned this a long time ago. If people can't get something cheap and easy...they don't want it. They don't see the need for any effort to be put into anything. For instance, I have trained a few people and give out lots of advice every day. It is amazing what people's responses to some things are. I was in the gym the other day when someone asked me how many times they should be eating a day and how much protein they should be getting. I told them that they need to eat 4 or more times a day, and try and get 1.5-2g per pound of bodyweight depending on how hard they train. He looked at me like I just whipped my wee wee out and asked him if he wanted a wet willy. He was like "FO?! Man I be lucky if I eat TWO times a day!". I just responded, "Well I can't help you then.". Another person IMed me the other day asking for advice. I was looking over his routine and noticed he said he was trying to gain mass but had all these isolation movements down. I told him he needs more compound movements for the most muscle, deadlifts, squats, etc. He said "I don't like squats. They hurt" I was like, "Oh , so I'm assuming you have some sort of physical problem that makes them really hard on you?". He said, "Yes, they make my thighs really sore the day after and I don't like that.". Needless to say, I blocked him...lol

Comment

You'll never convince them....
            I was chatting with Raulj on IM last night and recalled saying that the experienced volume trainers will never fall to the gospel of gaining DC training and eating.

You should see some of the diets people send me to crtique...they look like female fitness competitors diets...
            eat like birds and you gain like a bird featherweight gains I call them.
            Massive G
            Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Originally posted by asim
              If someone asks you to train them. And you say well this time is when im in and thats whats convenient for me. And they just go oh well i guess i wont train. WTF. I guess he gave up kinda easy there right. Then he wont take the advice on nutrition either.

Lost cause i guess.

Exactly! I had a woman tell me she can't afford the trainers at the gym. She needs someone to kick her in the ass. Would I train her. I said sure, I'm here these days. I'm slightly flexible, call me or just show up.
              That was how many months ago?

Doesn't bother me, I had KR to take care of
              www.TrueProtein.com

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
                ...... He said "I don't like squats. They hurt" I was like, "Oh , so I'm assuming you have some sort of physical problem that makes them really hard on you?". He said, "Yes, they make my thighs really sore the day after and I don't like that.". Needless to say, I blocked him...lol

www.TrueProtein.com

Comment

had a guy ask me back a little bit ago how to get big on a keto diet,,,,, LOL wtf
                  I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

I was buying a Flex magazine a couple of years ago and this fat guy rings me up. He tells me that he tried to gain all this muscle once. He said he really really tried. So I ask what happened. He said that he bought all of those weight gainers and took them religiously but he didn't work out. I was like what the f***. I couldn't help but laugh at him. What do people expect? Well then again there is steroids, you all know we can take them and not workout and gain muscle like a beast. Maybe that was what he was thinking with Cell Tech huh?

Comment

Ok my favorite is, "how can I gain as much mass as possible doing DC training on a (clean bulk)", if I here those two words again, I gonna hurt someone...
                      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Yo whats up bro's, I'm looking to starting this dog shit training people on here talk about. I'm been lifting for 3 weeks and I haven't gained any size off my 7 day split doin -
                        Monday - Chest, Biceps
                        Tuesday - Chest , Triceps
                        Wednesday - Chest, Biceps
                        Thursday - Chest, Abs
                        Friday - Chest, Triceps
                        Saturday - Chest, Biceps, Cardio
                        Sunday - Chest, Triceps, Abs

I do umm flat bench for chest (200lbs!! with spotter with hands just touching the bar I swear, no he has a naturally arched back and strained look on his face) , cable flies, dips, pec deck, dumbbell presses, incline cable flies, machine press - I do all those each session. 20sets on chest minimum, and I pyramid the weight downwards cause I dig the burn! cause it make you grow. I do standard biceps exercises - curls with barbell, cables, dumbbells - 35sets each workout. For triceps - all cable work, pushdowns, pushups, pushlefts, and pullsides. Cardio I walk at 1.5mph and try chat up the closest hoe.

Now I think I have the experience. I I've read half of the first post in the DC training thread and this sounds good but I've got some cool ideas on how to change it - like more sets, quicker reps, and no rest pause cause that sounds hard. I'd like to start a CLEAN BULK that you mentioned Inhuman, could you help me make a diet, I don't like to eat more than 3 times a day MAX and I don't understand what a protein or calories are, but a wanna keep my abs sharp and gain 45lbs of lean muscle in 3months. I currently eat - Breakfast, bowl cereal (fruit loops), orange juice, toast with jam and peanut butter. Lunch (only sometimes) white bread sandwich with bacon, chocolate bar, coke or I have fast food. Dinner - What ever mum cooks, or she sometimes bring home kfc or burger king or Chinese. I think I already eat good and I'm 135lbs and 6'5 so I'm not fat. I'm gonna start good crapp training next monday. I'm doing flat bench for chest and if I feel like it I'll do more. PLZ HELP ME GUUYYS!! I'm willing to do what it takes but I need you to motivate, plan, research and tell me exactly what to do. THX!!!
                        Training Like Crapp Takes Intensity

Comment

lol @ Apocz...and everyone else

Comment

See what you started Dante? lol.

jim
                            ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                            Good luck
                            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                            SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                            TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

I was at the point to where I was willing to try anything when I came here lol, i did every kind of training yall can think of, thank god i found something that works

Comment

Working...
                              X