My knee... oww

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My knee... oww

Ok ive always had knee problems. Osgood schlatters, then irrated ligaments, build up of fluids. I have stiff joints all the time. If i stand with my legs in the same place for too long they tighten up and wont bend for ages. Knees always feel like its bone on bone.

So i do my legs today. Smith squats. My knees are agony. Somehow i get through the workout. I get home, ok i think everythings fine. Now my left knee hurts like hell. Movement hurts. The outer part of the knee basically. Im icing it just to be safe. Dunno wtf is wrong with these knees.

Any advice you guys can give me. Ive been stretching alot cause physio says my quads are tight and thats pulling on the patella. I warm up on the bike and stretch before i do my legs.

Ive just started taking Glucosamine Chondroitin as of yesterday to help out.

This shit is ridiculous man, im only 19.

i advise you to go to a sports clinic if there is one where you live. for all you know, you could have torn something. the only way to find out is if the scope the knee. but theres definitly something wrong and i dont know if physio is going to fix it.

maybe get some msm too. is hydrates the existing cartilage in the joints and it helps with inflammation.

hope this helps somewhat.

Comment

Thats where i went. I went to a sports physiotherapist. He inspected my knees. A good hour was spent looking at them. He said that they are perfectly strong in everyway. Only i feel pain cause of the lack of flexibility in the quads.

Im gonna take the weekend to relax. Next legs session isnt till wednesday. Plenty of time to relax. Will keep the cardio VERY light thats if i even go. Try not to aggrevate anything.

Ive heard about msm but never really looked into it.

I definetly gonna have to look more into the way i smith squat. It just doesnt feel right when i get all the way down. Theres a hell of alot of pressure on my knee joints.

Comment

I'm no expert, but it sounds like your knees are going past your feet on the down stroke of the squat, which incorrect form. Hard to say without seeing.

You may also be suffering from the typical "ego" issue and trying to go "ass in the grass" style when you're not use to it. Next time try a lighter weight and keep to motion relatively slow, and gradually add weight.

Let us know how it goes.
        "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

My knees are going past my feet? You mean over my toes? Cause that doesnt happen. My negative is 4 secs. No problem There. I keep my ass low, my chest and head up. Push through with the quads, not my ass or hips. Elbows tucked in, back is arched.

Could be that my feet are not under me and kinda infront of me. I go as low as i possibly can. Meaning ALL the way down. Since im smaller then i can probably go deeper than bigger guys.

Weights slowly progressed up too.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and ice them as much as you can..I always ice my knees after legs and the next day 1-2x..I don't know of a pro athete or olympic athlete who doesn't use ice..Works great for me...Storm
            We are the supreme beings of Evolution....Everchanging...EVERGROWING!!

:bb:

Comment

Thanks storm. Im kinda in a screwed at this point, ive got guests coming over for a get together. And im sittin here jus hoping it will sort itself out.

I'm gonna eat my next meal and take a nap. Maybe it will do me some good. I'll keep icing them.

Comment

Originally posted by asim
                My knees are going past my feet? You mean over my toes? Cause that doesnt happen. My negative is 4 secs. No problem There. I keep my ass low, my chest and head up. Push through with the quads, not my ass or hips. Elbows tucked in, back is arched.

Could be that my feet are not under me and kinda infront of me. I go as low as i possibly can. Meaning ALL the way down. Since im smaller then i can probably go deeper than bigger guys.

Weights slowly progressed up too.
                "over your feet", I crack myself up. Yes, I meant over your toes. Based on your description, your form sounds good. I told it was hard tell without seeing the movement.

It sucks that you are having this issue with your knees bro, it will certainly make squats a hassel.

best of luck to you
                "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Regular squats dont hurt this bad. When im smith squattin it feels like someone is tryin to rip apart the knee with a vice. Too much pressure.

Will continue and see how it goes. God gives all a defect right. Joints are mine.

Comment

if squatting in a smith machine bothers your knees just dont do them in the smith machine.

watch out for lateral leg movement when you are squatting too. that can fuck your knees up good
                    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Comment

Asim can you stretch before the set and then use wraps, a comfortably good form, lighter weights and then stretch again?

I think in your case it wouldn't hurt to do all of the above, at least till things get better!

best of luck!
                      jim
                      ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                      Good luck
                      Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                      SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                      TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Yea. I need to let my knees take some time to heal. I just woke up and i can feel the pure stiffness and aching pain in my knee.

See what its like in a couple days. Might miss legs on wednesday if its not ready.

Comment

Working...
                        X