Calf training?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calf training?

I have been using the leg press machine for my calves and have done the 5 second decend and 15 sec hold at the bottom. However, I don't feel the movement in my calves but rather in my achilles tendon? Am I doing something wrong? I would love to try the hack squat but it is impossible w/ the one we have at my gym.

TH
    For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Anyone? I am just curious if I am doing the movement wrong?

TH
    For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

I'm not sure without being able to see you do the movement, but you could try pointing your toes at a different angle.

or move over to the standing calf raise machine.
      "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Yeah, to be honest I dont really feel the leg press calf raises very good also in the calves
        Blade

"Keep your purpose in mind, simply go to the gym and do your workout, do it well and don't worry
        what other people are doing. Confidence will grow as you achieve."

"If you believe in yourself, have dedication and pride and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of
        victory is high, but so are the rewards"

Comment

I dont use the leg press calf raise. I feel that i cant quite get the same range of movement and stretch.

Maybe your bending ur knees to the point where the stretch is in the achilles tendon and not the gastronemius. Hope thats how they are spelled.

Comment

Move your toes up on the platform a little more, and concentrate on pulling your toes towards your body on the descent, and then reaching the peak in the movement.
            "I got rocks on my hands just like a dope fiend."

Comment

Yes, I also tried putting my toes up a little more instead of down an hour ago and i felt it way better in my calves.
              Blade

"Keep your purpose in mind, simply go to the gym and do your workout, do it well and don't worry
              what other people are doing. Confidence will grow as you achieve."

"If you believe in yourself, have dedication and pride and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of
              victory is high, but so are the rewards"

Comment

Damn, dunno why you guys are not feeling the Leg Press Calf Press. It is definitely my favorite exercise for calves because I feel the stretch there more than any other exercise. Extremely effective in my opinion.

Comment

try using a hack squat machine instead if you have access to them. they are absolutely brutal on the calves. by rep 12 i'm just about crying
                  My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

I hear ya. I actually feel it alot on the stretch which I definetely feel in my achilles. And then a burning fire can be felt from my knees down from about rep 3-12. Then I can barely walk for 3 days!
                    www.trueprotein.com........best protein around!!

Comment

Working...
                    X