Fox special on steroids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox special on steroids

I just watched the fox news special on steroids and all I can say is what a crock. I had to vent,,, sorry:angry: :angry: :angry: :2guns: :chair:
    I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Damnit, I missed it. I was reading about it over at MM though. They were like 'steroids killed our son', NO lady YOUR KIDS STUPIDITY KILLED HIM! lol

Comment

only good thing I saw in the whole thing was when they let Bill Lewellyn talk for about 60 seconds.

They had this jackass doctor that said steroids lead something to like one in five users to consider attempting suicide... Come the fuck on, what study was that in
      I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

Comment

lmao, I dunno that might be true. All these stupid ass kids running around trying to take all the Dboll they can find, then when they realize they did not kepe any of their gains, are not more popular and girls don't like them any more than before they just kill themselves. What a bunch of stupid asses. People like that ruin our great sport.

Comment

Kids do stupid shit no matter what. How many go out and get drunk off their asses and do dumb stuff that may wind up killing them. You know as well as I do no law is going to stop them. I did some dumbass shit when I was a kid.

I think if they want to focus on a real problem in our country maybe they should talk about obesity. This is going to be the number one killer before you know it. I think it has actually moved up to second place now for leading causes of death in Americans. Imagine trying to make ben and jerry's illegal or big macs,,, lol...

Comment

Here is what I posted in another thread about the special on Fox.

I watched it, and have only got a few things to say.

First, I watch Fox News more than any other news channel. I think their spin is a bit different than all of theother channels, so it is kind of refreshing. However, they spin things too.

This was not a show about steroids. It was a shameless attempt by Fox to influence the decision making process in our legislature. I can't belive they stooped to this level. Follow me here:

(1) Scare the shit oout of everbody by showing two kids who used steroids and ran into trouble. (Completely neglect the parental role or the fact that other teeenagers kill themselves over girls...but they are still legal).

(2) Show how kids can get it. This was a blow to most of us because they showed the net...our world. By putting this in front of people, this will influence the feeble minded to vote in favor of infringing on our rights to privacy and increased internet monitoring by gov't agencies.

(3) Show some poor guy who got serious infections from bad shots in his calves...not the norm. He let the abcesses go to the point where he lost his legs.

Now, we have linked kids, purchasing, grown ups, and it is time for the knockout punch. They telegraphed it by using the segway twice befroe going to commercials...setting up the grand finale....prohomones. I almost forgot, they even showed the ultimate badguys ...the Nazis, and claimed that steroids were given to the Nazis....you can't leave out the bad guys.
            They also brought in the professional athletes who are currently in the spotlight...just to make the point that they are role models for children...this ties into point number one above.

(4) You always end your show with the one point you want to get across....they ended by talking about prohormones. They linked PH to kids (but showed no numbers). They linked PH to side effects (but again showed no numbers). Finally, they mentioned the potential ban on PH, and how it is almost ready to become a law.

This was nothing more than a shameless attempt to influence current politics via scare tactics.

This just goes to prove the old addage..."No news is goods news."

Comment

Great post Swellin and I agree 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by bigp3
                They had this jackass doctor that said steroids lead something to like one in five users to consider attempting suicide... Come the fuck on, what study was that in
                My bet is these kids have the suicidal tendencies first, then look to the gear to get them big so they'll feel better about themselves.

This same conversation has been ongoing on most of the boards. Everyone on the inside knows what a crock of shit the whole thing is while the media is sensationalizing the "evildoers" of the bodybuilding world. Someone dies a tragic death before their time and they're looking to point the finger anywhere but the "victim."

What about cigarettes, alcohol, hydrogenated oils, horrible nutritional content of fast food, real drug use... and one good keep this list going for quite a while.

Oh, and hello everyone, this is my first post here...

Comment

I just recently had a 17 year old come on-line and ask me to train him cause he needs some muscle to get big to get girls cause the one he has is not good looking and he needs to get on roids right away so he can get big in a month, man did I laugh and told him to never bother me again...
                  "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

I think the thing that bothered me the most was that these kids looked like they had never touched a weight in their life. Try putting some hard work in first there are no shortcuts in this game and that is for sure. Even AAS's don't work miracles and I think these stupid kids don't realize it.

InHuman, I had a very similar thing happen to me a few weeks ago. A kid that works the front desk at my gym asked me if I knew where he could score some dbol. I just laughed at him. He is probably about 17 or so, 6' tall, and maybe 160lbs soaking wet with a hard on. I told him to try lifting first and not on the sissy ass circuit machines and if he ever asked me again I was going to crack his skull.. LOL,,, actually did not say I was going to crack his skull but I wanted too,,, lol

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                      I just recently had a 17 year old come on-line and ask me to train him cause he needs some muscle to get big to get girls cause the one he has is not good looking and he needs to get on roids right away so he can get big in a month, man did I laugh and told him to never bother me again...
                      IH, your such a bully man. I thought you told me you weren't going to post about our convo. All I wanted was for my spotted willy to get some poon, but noooooooooo you gotta turn me down.

Comment

Originally posted by bigp3
                        I think the thing that bothered me the most was that these kids looked like they had never touched a weight in their life. Try putting some hard work in first there are no shortcuts in this game and that is for sure. Even AAS's don't work miracles and I think these stupid kids don't realize it.

InHuman, I had a very similar thing happen to me a few weeks ago. A kid that works the front desk at my gym asked me if I knew where he could score some dbol. I just laughed at him. He is probably about 17 or so, 6' tall, and maybe 160lbs soaking wet with a hard on. I told him to try lifting first and not on the sissy ass circuit machines and if he ever asked me again I was going to crack his skull.. LOL,,, actually did not say I was going to crack his skull but I wanted too,,, lol
                        The new generation is the "candyass generation". Doesn't include all young teens of course-but a hell of a lot of them fit in this new catagory.
                        The candyass gen doesn't want to put forth any effort at all into anything. Make money without working for it.....cheat thru school (text messaging on tests nowadays, lol)...don't lift or eat worth 2 cents but want to get big and ripped.
                        They just want to sit around, eat crap food, smoke cigs, play video games, etc.
                        Please be aware...I did not say ALL teens......
                        [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                        Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

I get asked buy kids all the time, "what drug makes you the biggest", I always answer with, "FOOD", everytime...
                          "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

The problem with those people is that they lift for the wrong reason.

If u don't lift weights to impress yourself then fuckin don't touch weights.

I can't hear that "i gotta be big to get the girls as fast as possible" or "Gotta be big to make my buddys pay me some respect" anymore, it really makes me sick.

So long,
                            Grammo
                            Last edited by Grammostola; 06-21-2004, 03:19 PM.
                            Never forget to lock your fridge! The INHUMAN one is near!

Comment

here is a though I had

Fox is Fair & Balanced,,,,, LOL,,, nothing on fox is fair and balanced. They flat out lie about shit as can be seen from their steroid program. My question is what do you guys think they do on their other news programs? This one program was just an isolated case of lies and deception,,, bwaaahaaahaa. I doubt it!! The whole network is full of shit!! Just remember that concept when so many people use them as their sole source of news. They are nothing more than a propaganda machine promoting Rupert Murdoch’s political agenda.

Comment

Working...
                              X