Mental Attitude in Bodybuilding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mental Attitude in Bodybuilding

Mental attitude to me is first and foremost the most important thing necessary to getting big in my opinion. If you don’t have the proper attitude, no amount of drugs or intense training will get you to the top. Bodybuilding is a sport of consistency to say the least. It is a 24 hour a day 7 day a week job and most people do not realize this or they are simply just kidding themselves. If you want to be serious about the sport you have to accept this fact. If you are dead set on competing you have to ask yourself one question! Can I make the commitment to do this month in, month out, year after year? This means following your diet, not missing meals, following your supplement program, keeping your intensity in the gym high, not missing workouts, working through pain and nagging injuries, etc. You have realize it takes years even decades to get to the top, not months. Don’t fool yourself into thinking you are going to run Ronnie Coleman’s secret training and drug program and be a pro in 1 year. Sorry brothers, it is not going to happen. I would bet my left nut that there is nothing so secret about what Ronnie does to get ready to compete for that fact, nothing that the majority of us don’t already know. I would say what separates him from the rest of the pack is that he has the discipline to apply himself day in and day out.
    A prime example of this never die attitude was Dorian Yates. He took work ethic to a level that bodybuilding had never seen before. Dorian himself described his genetics as being only average. Imagine that one!! He said that it was his indomitable attitude and laser like focus that took him to the top, not some freak genetic attribute. He paid attention to every little detail of the sport, details that no one else cared about. This attitude won him the Olympia Title and left the other competitors scrambling to figure out how the hell he came out of no where to do this. What makes this even more amazing is that Dorian had no guru helping him. No secret advice! He just basically outworked everyone else to the top and made himself an expert on bodybuilding while doing so.
    One thing that bothers me is that I hear too many people blame their lack of success on genetics. Granted genetics do play a factor in the sport and I will not deny this, but remember no amount of genes make up for attitude. In my opinion genes are not the be all end all of making it. To me more people use them as an excuse for failure than anything. Take a look at pics of a lot of the pros in their formative years and tell me they had the genetics to be pro.
    Another example of a winning attitude is Arnold. You can’t tell me Arnold was born with the genetics to be Mr. Olympia, the biggest box office success of his time, a top notch business man and a governor too. Come on, please! Lightning does not strike in one place this many times. Arnold has one thing that most people never realize. This is the belief that he can succeed at anything he does and he will stop at nothing to get there.
    What’s the moral of this story? If you believe you will fail you have already failed. If you believe that you can succeed and do everything in your power to do so the sky is the limit. That is my fortune cookie wisdom for the day!

Peace,

bigp
    I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Good post bigp.

It really is unreal how many people will find something else to blame when the only thing wrong is their ability to discipline themselves and their attitude. My best friend, and former lifting partner, sees me getting bigger and leaner every month, and all he can say is "Just wait a month i'm gonna start taking this and that" or "It's not my fault my body won't get lean when I eat right". I just tell him that he needs to re-access his goals and decide how badly he actually wants to attain them, and also stop blaming his failure on everything else but his own bad habits.

I'm sure you guys know a lot of people like this... that's why I love this board, it's a great place to learn, have fun, and get motivated. It takes more than just knowledge to succeed in this sport, it takes a certain drive or obsession and a willingness to make sacrifices. Just my 0.02$
    :showoff:

-James

Comment

nice read bro...

Comment

That's a lot of words bro.I've got ADHD so I'll try to read it all later...
        Massive G
        Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

great thread. so true
          :showoff: Pain is weakness leaving the body – and strength training is the antidote. :showoff:

5% off trueprotein.com order when U use the discount code erl633

Comment

Alright enough of this already! Ever since DC made you and IH moderators you guys have been doing nothing besides posting informative posts. What is this?! I come here to read about Milfs not Body Building :angry: -LOL-

On a serious note that was a very informative post. BB has brought alot more than just muscles to me. The discipline and dedication needed in this sport can be applied to many factors in life. I now won't take "No" for an answer from anyone.

Me: "Can I touch your boobies"
            Her: "No"
            Me: *touches her boobies*

Some ppl just don't understand

Comment

lmao

Comment

speedR, Take notes, we will be having a test next week and you must score a 95% or you will be banned, got it...
                "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Originally posted by speedR
                  Alright enough of this already! Ever since DC made you and IH moderators you guys have been doing nothing besides posting informative posts. What is this?! I come here to read about Milfs not Body Building :angry: -LOL-

On a serious note that was a very informative post. BB has brought alot more than just muscles to me. The discipline and dedication needed in this sport can be applied to many factors in life. I now won't take "No" for an answer from anyone.

Me: "Can I touch your boobies"
                  Her: "No"
                  Me: *touches her boobies*

Some ppl just don't understand

Retard,,,, LOL,,, good to see people with a sense of humor,,, lol
                  I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

You speak the truth, my man.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                      X