Trueprotein pasta recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trueprotein pasta recipe

KRL came up with the idea to make pasta out of protein powder. This recipe is not set in stone yet. Its going to take some tweaking. I am going to layout the basis of the recipe and I would like for you guys to try this out and let me know what your results are.

First off this is how one would make fresh pasta:

3 cups of all purpose flour
    2 large eggs
    3 tablespoons water
    1 teaspoon of olive oil
    1/2 teaspoon salt

That right there will make a good bit of pasta. Now we are going to need to substitute the flour with the protein powder. Thing is do we do a half and half ratio, or a 2 to 1 ratio of flour and protein, or would this work with just protein powder all the way? That is what we are going to have to experiment with and find out. So if you have a lot of protein powder laying around get busy.

When you do attempt to make it this is what will knead to be done. Knead, haha get it.......ok, anyways. First get yourself a clean large worksurface. Make a well with the protein/flour ratio. In a measuring cup mix the eggs, water, oil, and salt together. Pour the wet mixture slowly into the well and mix with your fingers until all of the wet is incorporated. Knead the dough for 8 to 10 minutes on the work surface. Roll out until it is very thin. Then cut into long thin strips. A pizza cutter will do the job. You now have fresh pasta. Boil for a few minutes and pour your favorite sauce on it and go to town.

Damn, Dante if we could get this mixture right we need to learn how to dry it and market it. Instead of pasta giving you 40grams of carbs per 2oz you'd be getting 40 grams of protein. Step aside Atkins Approved here come Trueprotein Pasta bitch!
    Last edited by vanilla gorilla; 06-15-2004, 04:36 PM.

VG, Ok this has to stop, now I just think of your name and I have to eat, I an't ever gonna get ready for that contest with you around, if I get to be mod, you will be banned......................to my kitchen only, lol...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

VG, You need your own Sticky of just recipes?, but could you send me just a little of everything...
      "That damn log book"

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
        VG, Ok this has to stop, now I just think of your name and I have to eat, I an't ever gonna get ready for that contest with you around, if I get to be mod, you will be banned......................to my kitchen only, lol...
        You don't even need his full name, just vanilla, then you think of flavoring or shake and it's on, lol.

jim
        ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
        Good luck
        Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
        SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
        TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

I am boxing you up a forearm that I braised in a garlic tomato sauce with tortellini to accompany it. It came from this bastard that wouldn't quit talking on his cell phone while resting in the leg press. Its coming USPS Priority so it should still be hot when it arrives. If not just mail me the postman and I'll cook and resend. Damn I shouldn't have told him that, he is going to send me the postman anyway, i yi yi.

Comment

I will knead some tyme to try this out.

Get it? {giggles}
            Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
            Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
            www.TrueProtein.com
            *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

Originally posted by vanilla gorilla
              I am boxing you up a forearm that I braised in a garlic tomato sauce with tortellini to accompany it. It came from this bastard that wouldn't quit talking on his cell phone while resting in the leg press. Its coming USPS Priority so it should still be hot when it arrives. If not just mail me the postman and I'll cook and resend. Damn I shouldn't have told him that, he is going to send me the postman anyway, i yi yi.

I must be getting sick in the head but that sounds delicious to me, lol.
              Did someone really sit on the cell while resting on the leg press.
              Was he calling for help or information?

jim
              ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
              Good luck
              Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
              SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
              TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

I can't remember if I was coming after him first and that is why he was on the cell phone, or if he was on the cell phone first. My mind gets a little off sometimes know what I mean.

Comment

VG, If you mention the world cell phone in my gym, people come over and tell me, even the manager warns people about me and cells, lotsa guys walking around Forearm less in my city...
                  "That damn log book"

Comment

i took a little food science in school. and i have tried something similar to this before. i'll tell you guys what happened to me. basically the less flour you use, the more it falls apart. i believe this is because of the lack of gluten in the total mix. gluten is the stuff the keeps the dough "rubbery" (lack of better words). the ratio was pretty low with protein, something like 1 to 5, this was the ratio to really allow the pasta to stay to gether and not fall apart. not really great in protein percentage though.

i then started to incorporate wheat gluten into the mix (can be picked up at the local health food store). you can pretty much go 50% protein 25% wheat gluten (which by the way is pretty much pure protein) and 25% flour. this really worked great, but i never really did go much further with this. the end result, was in total the pasta was around 75-80 % protein, not bad. i was using my moms pasta maker at the time, but now that i moved from pennsylvania to cali, it is tough to keep experimenting, lol.

VG or krl contact me, and i will give you guys the specifics of how i made this, and i might consider funding some protein powder for this little experiment of yours. but i get first dibs on a taste test, lol.

tpc
                    TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

And don't forget to post the recipe when u are done experimenting. Protein Pasta sounds great !
                      Never forget to lock your fridge! The INHUMAN one is near!

Comment

I'm assuming this would be a very low carb pasta as well for people on keto or other low carb diets.
                        Bigger, Faster, Stronger

Admin @ http://www.extrememuscle.co.nr - Come check out my board if ya get a chance!

Comment

Working...
                        X