Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exhaustion by end of workout hurtin bodyparts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaustion by end of workout hurtin bodyparts?

With DC training, im gettin a lot stronger in my initial lifts. Chest, shoulder, tri, back day... my chest n shoulders keep gettin stronger. Problem is, by the time i get to back im worn the fuck out. I normally dead 405 for an easy 8 reps. Now its like a struggle for 3-4 at the end of my workouts. Barbell rows. . . 315x6-8 fresh, but with this workout regimine its 275x6-8 tough reps. Im not complaining, im just curious. Im not an ego lifter, but i thought big weights equals big muscles correct? Wouldnt it make sense the more weight i could lift, the more mass i would put on, or in this case it really doesnt matter?

Maybe i need more rest time between exercises? I typically go 4-5min between exercises unless im strapped for time.
    How long does everyone go between sets of one particular exercise and how incrimental should the weight increase be when warming up to the maximal set?? I try to increase by 20-25lbs per warmup set til i reach my max set weight, and i go bout 1min between sets.

1/1
    RIP my friend -KidRok

Comment

TooPowerful4u, This one is very tough, I had to find my own recouperation time in between each exercise, some I would go very fast some needed added time especially when you are lifting very heavy, chest day would usually be my longest workout, with all the warm ups and getting my shit together after a very heavy set.

DC decided we split the last workout of the week into two days, cause the guys who lift more with more warm ups need more time to get it done.

I would work on your pre meal also, I was tiring out very quick when I got to Back also, but now that I have my pre meal in order, I have energy when I am done with the whole workout, my ass is still beat, but I am not out of energy...
      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Just remember when you think your tired, that most everyone around you is doing 2 (sometimes 3) bodyparts a day and 8 -14 sets for each bodypart for a total of 16-28 sets during a workout and all im asking from you is 5 worksets.....what you have discovered is how truly hard you lift when your back is against the wall and the logbook has to be beaten. Think back of the time when you did
        chest
        incline
        decline
        flat
        flyes
        (at least 3 worksets for each of those 4 exercises) and then you went to
        shoulders and did
        presses
        shrugs
        laterals
        (at least 3 work sets)
        and then maybe stopped there or some people did triceps. I dont think Im asking for much--5 worksets but yes Im asking for and demanding an effort worthy of extremely rapid muscle accumalation which as stated above, you quickly realize how much of a pussy you lifted like when you were doing 8-12 sets per bodypart when you come over to this side of things and 5 work sets destroy you. Its the effort, not the volume.
        @dante_trudel

Comment

Yup I was a assfuck high volume idiot to once, I did up to 70 sets per workout, yea I got sore and tired, but this workout just beats the hell out of me, with only 5 fucking exercises, lol I remember asking DC if I should go to 4 days a week, man was I a fucking idiot, I can barly make it through three days now...
          "That damn log book"

Comment

Wow. DC again with his words of wisdom. I do remember the days of 50 set beach muscles workouts 3-4 days a week lol. Very good point.

Comment

50 sets....jeezus

I thought I was bad doing about 30 sets.
              Bigger, Faster, Stronger

Admin @ http://www.extrememuscle.co.nr - Come check out my board if ya get a chance!

Comment

I saw this commercial once with Bill Kaz saying I do 70 set workouts, I thought, well how many sets do I do?, after checking I was up to 40-50, so I said shit Kaz ain't got nothing on me, so I worked up to 70 sets, boy was I smart, sometimes we are a dumbass and don't even know it...
                "That damn log book"

Comment

I was going to bring up what InHuman already covered.
                  Do you have your premeal and/or during shake in order? Makes a huge difference.
                  CrossFit Champions
                  Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Sure do. . .

Pre is 40g simple carbs, 40g whey

Post 60g whey, 100g malto/dext, ALA ... might throw in slin as well

Comment

Try complex carbs instead of simple pre workout.

Comment

Working...
                      X