Please give me some motivation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please give me some motivation!

I'm 210 and need 10-15 more pounds before I reach my goal for this blast and I have 6-7 weeks to do it. HELP!!!! Give me some fucking motivation!
    TEAMSKIP

Motivation!

Comment

Shift that weight!

Comment

Bro, the following may sound corny but Ive done it for years and it worked well for me during my powerlifting and now bodybuilding:

SEE IT-

visualize your goal.( i.e. 1 rep max)
        see your self under the weight, feel the weight. see your self in slow motion completing the lift strong and solid.

BELIEVE IT-

convence yourself you can and will do it. you know you want it and you can make it happen

ACHIEVE IT-

When youve convenced your mind that your goal is obtainable and well with in your grasp, its now a matter of doing it.

Pysch your mind up right and you'l tap into a reserve of potential you never knew excisted.

Good luck to you
        SweatMachine
        (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

one other thing.....

Theres a guy in my gym that lost the use of both legs. He comes in a wheel chair to train. He pulls his ass onto a bench straps himself on it with a weight belt and does his movement. He trains hard and heavy.

I look at him and wonder where he gets the balls...I would have cut my throat if that had hapened to me.

He has courage and motivation like no one I know. When he's in the gym Im almost embarrased at the way I train, or at the times I bitch about this pain or that ache... The MF'er got no legs and doesnt bitch about it!!! He trains like a man and goes home... We could all learn a thing or 2 from him.....
          SweatMachine
          (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Originally posted by SweatMachine
            one other thing.....

Theres a guy in my gym that lost the use of both legs. He comes in a wheel chair to train. He pulls his ass onto a bench straps himself on it with a weight belt and does his movement. He trains hard and heavy.

I look at him and wonder where he gets the balls...I would have cut my throat if that had hapened to me.

He has courage and motivation like no one I know. When he's in the gym Im almost embarrased at the way I train, or at the times I bitch about this pain or that ache... The MF'er got no legs and doesnt bitch about it!!! He trains like a man and goes home... We could all learn a thing or 2 from him.....
            that is admirable!
            -KidRok-
            "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
            5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Motivation comes from within. It is when you do things even though you dont want to but you know you must. It is pushing yourself everyday to do more than you did in the previous and that applies to everything in your life. Y
              I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

bigp3, Come lift with me, I will motivate you...
                "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Bro, the following may sound corny but Ive done it for years and it worked well for me during my powerlifting and now bodybuilding:

SEE IT-

see your self under the weight, feel the weight. see your self in slow motion completing the lift strong and solid.

BELIEVE IT-

convence yourself you can and will do it. you know you want it and you can make it happen

ACHIEVE IT-

When youve convenced your mind that your goal is obtainable and well with in your grasp, its now a matter of doing it.

Pysch your mind up right and you'l tap into a reserve of potential you never knew excisted.

Good luck to you
                  I do this myself in my own way, and SM is right on here. You can't ever acheive your potential unless your mind is in the game... just focus and know that you are going to acheive. Warming up your mind before a set is almost as important as warming up your muscles IMO, good luck bro!

-James

Comment

SEE IT-

BELIEVE IT-

ACHIEVE IT-

Good luck to you

Well stated Sweat! If you want something bad enough...you will find a way to make it happen!
                    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                      bigp3, Come lift with me, I will motivate you...
                      Don't do it!! The last time someone "trained" with IM, all we found was his gym bag smothered in BBQ sauce. :dcchomp:

Comment

Chasedog, LOL, I have had more GFs and Wives bitch at me that I made their husband or boyfreind so sore, now they cannot help out around the house with honey dos, I just can't seem to keep training partners...
                        Last edited by In-Human; 06-13-2004, 04:46 PM.
                        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

i barely lasted the last workout session with in human ,, talking about motivation, i trained with a guy in a wheel chair,, the guy was a monster, he would also strap himself to the bench and push some weight,, damn i even had him spot me one time !! i think he appeared in a issue of flex.. also good words there sm
                          "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

I'd give anything to go over to the U.S and train with some of you guys. People here are no good for motivation. Its hard to find a decent training partner.

Theres a few guys in the gym who can really motivate me and make me push further than i usually do. Its the more experienced bodybuilders and powerlifters in my gym that have made me go beyond what i thought im capable. When im looking for 10 reps they make me do 25. One time i only wanted to squat 220 and the guy made me go upto 315. That was with the powerlifter. Dam those guys will force u.

Now ive jus got me, push myself.

Comment

That's what I love about the log book. Always looking you in the eye saying "is that all you got?" Sure you can cheat yourself for a little while, but eventually the log book will call you out. Those little numbers motivate me more than any partner. I have to better myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X