DCs way of training calves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCs way of training calves?

I have been doing the DC workout for around a month and its working pretty good, but I think there was some extra info in the calf training i may have missed. for the calves i do one warmup set like it says to do and then a heavy set of 15 reps, then stretch afterwards, this isnt making them grow what should i do?
    The name is Richard not Rick

it is just one working set of 12. you have a 5 second negative phase and then a 15 second deep stretch and then a controled explosive positive movement. repeat till your calves are about to blow out.

tpc
    TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

You are stretching the calves in between each rep:

EX: push the way up, 5 sec negative down, 15 sec stretch at bottom then do your next rep. so you do that for 12-15 reps.

calves should be taxed, and how many times are you doing your calve workout per week. Since I have very little calves I do at least two sessions a week, to get these puppies to grow.
      Pain is Temporary

Don't cry just get the DAMN weight up!!!

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=15520

Comment

no Rick---its all the way up on your big toe (and if you dont get all the way up, it doesnt count)....and then 5 seconds to lower the weight down to the complete full stretch and then a 15 count (or seconds) at the fully stretched bottom (and thats going to be what separates the mice and the men) and then up on your big toe again etc etc etc---10-12 reps is what your looking for and its a straight set (after warmups of course)

I usually like people doing seated, hack and leg press calves and yes this is going to be the most painful thing youve ever done most likely in your bodybuilding career. But the end result=Two work sets a week to big calves. If your not shaking like a leaf at rep 7 down at the bottom stretch, you are an android, a martian or clinically dead. Its the people who go thru rep 8, 9, 10, 11 that are truly truly hardcore. It honestly takes a special kind of bodybuilder because its a great deal of pain (Learn to love it) Ask BBC--these are his favorite
        @dante_trudel

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry
          You are stretching the calves in between each rep:

EX: push the way up, 5 sec negative down, 15 sec stretch at bottom then do your next rep. so you do that for 12-15 reps.

calves should be taxed, and how many times are you doing your calve workout per week. Since I have very little calves I do at least two sessions a week, to get these puppies to grow.
          twice every 8 days like every other muscle, i might add in another calf workout to make it 3 times every 8 days, they are fucking small!

Comment

i usually go do 45 or 46 reps with a 30 second negative and a 6 minute stretch, it takes me about 2 and a half hours to do this one set, but trust me it is all worth it, i just taped them, 8 inches. this must mean i am extra-super hardcore.

everyone back off...
            TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

Originally posted by tpc
              i usually go do 45 or 46 reps with a 30 second negative and a 6 minute stretch, it takes me about 2 and a half hours to do this one set, but trust me it is all worth it, i just taped them, 8 inches. this must mean i am extra-super hardcore.

everyone back off...
              hahahahaha, I used to know a guy that did 27 sets for chest he would do 3 decline, 3 flat, and 3 incline exercises with 3 sets per exercise

Comment

Originally posted by tpc

everyone back off...
                lol, I don't believe it would ever be humanly possible, unless you taped something else?

This post is making me think of another website, hmmmm, which one is it reminding me of.......................................

jim
                ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                Good luck
                Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp
                  no Rick---its all the way up on your big toe (and if you dont get all the way up, it doesnt count)....and then 5 seconds to lower the weight down to the complete full stretch and then a 15 count (or seconds) at the fully stretched bottom (and thats going to be what separates the mice and the men) and then up on your big toe again etc etc etc---10-12 reps is what your looking for and its a straight set (after warmups of course)

I usually like people doing seated, hack and leg press calves and yes this is going to be the most painful thing youve ever done most likely in your bodybuilding career. But the end result=Two work sets a week to big calves. If your not shaking like a leaf at rep 7 down at the bottom stretch, you are an android, a martian or clinically dead. Its the people who go thru rep 8, 9, 10, 11 that are truly truly hardcore. It honestly takes a special kind of bodybuilder because its a great deal of pain (Learn to love it) Ask BBC--these are his favorite
                  These are my absolute favorite. But don't do them if you have to do anything the following 3 or 4 days..........like WALKING!!!
                  www.trueprotein.com........best protein around!!

Comment

tpc, LOL, thats pretty funny and I thought mine are small at 20" cold, you monster...
                    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

i like this method of working calves, but you have to be psychologically ready for some pain. what i focus on when getting ready for it is this: i think and talk to myself and say "ok rock, you only have one set to prove what you are made of. you don't have 3 sets to prove you can hang with the big boys. once that set is over, you gonna have to wait 5 days before having another chance. i repeat that to myself all the way throughout the set and try to convince myself that i do have one more rep in me, even when i don't. i can tell people look at me funny because i am shaking and bringing my hands to my head becaue of the pain but all i got on the leg press machine is 3 plates aside!

Comment

rockyIII:i am shaking and bringing my hands to my head becaue of the pain

DC::this caught me funny because I do the exact same thing-my hands go up to my head, then back down and then back up to my head--just to try to somehow get thru that terrible pain
                        @dante_trudel

Comment

DAMN!! If the Big Man himself DC does that i guess I am doing it right and going into the "pain zone"! hey DC, isn't it funny how by moving our hands up to our head we somehow fool ourselves that the pain isn't getting any worse (even though it is!)? Funny shit!

Comment

i'll say this again, and hope it helps. the best way to approach DC calf training (or any DC training for that matter) is to keep telling yourself and reminding yourself that you only have ONE set to prove how serious you are about this and how bad you want it. I personally envision the bbing message boards members laughing at me and i fight back by squeezing one more rep even though my body is screaming for mercy!!!:showoff:

Comment

I look at is at a challenge. Me against the weights and them f$ckin weights aint gonna win!

TH
                              For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

Working...
                              X