Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no carbs in post-workout shake after 6pm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no carbs in post-workout shake after 6pm?

I'm in the process of reworking my diet in preparation for a DC style workout. Due to my work schedule, I usually don't hit the gym until late (7-8pm). That means I gulp down my post-workout shake waaay after the 6pm carb cut-off mark. I normally put 50gm of dextrose in the shake. Should I omit the dextrose from my pws?

No you need the insulin spike to drive the amminos into your cells
    Trueprotein.com

Troponin Athlete

Lana's EggWhites "Get Hard, Stay Hard"

Comment

wannabebig, Post meal goes down no matter what time it is...
      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

i usually train late and i will never miss post workout shake
        I GET MY SUPPLEMENTS WHERE TOP ATHLETES GET THEIRS : TRUEPROTEIN.COM

:preach:

2008 Mr. Indiana Heavyweight Champ

Comment

I didnt mean cut out the shake entirely. I meant do I cut out the dextrose. But regardless of time of day (or night), post workout shake WILL get dextrose. Thanx for responses guys.

Comment

hmm

This may sound totally off the wall, but when I drink anything with dextrose it irritates my gums/teeth. After taking it for a few days, my gumline begins to get irritated. So I've been eating rice cakes and oatmeal instead. Any alternatives to dextrose?

Comment

Re: hmm

Originally posted by Salmon
              This may sound totally off the wall, but when I drink anything with dextrose it irritates my gums/teeth. After taking it for a few days, my gumline begins to get irritated. So I've been eating rice cakes and oatmeal instead. Any alternatives to dextrose?

Grape Juice.
              www.trueprotein.com........best protein around!!

Comment

The one diet thing I have never understood is why they think you shouldn't eat after a certain hour. Does your physiology sleep when we do? Never added up. So I don't follow it.
                International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

It is a fact that you ALWAYS down your post workout shake no matter what time of day it is, but for your one hour post workout meal, you need it to be protein only if it is after your carb-cutoff time. If the one hour post workout meal is before or at 6, still get those carbs in!

Comment

Originally posted by Future
                    The one diet thing I have never understood is why they think you shouldn't eat after a certain hour. Does your physiology sleep when we do? Never added up. So I don't follow it.
                    later in the day your metabolsim slows down and if you eat a lot of carbs you can easitly get fat, for me i can eat 10 steaks after 6 and not gain weight but the second I put down a plate of pasta the fat comes on
                    The name is Richard not Rick

Comment

i use grape juice or maltodextrin. like usmuscle said just pound the protein about an hour later.
                      I GET MY SUPPLEMENTS WHERE TOP ATHLETES GET THEIRS : TRUEPROTEIN.COM

:preach:

2008 Mr. Indiana Heavyweight Champ

Comment

Working...
                      X