Greetings from the Marines in Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from the Marines in Afghanistan

As the subject says, I am a Marine currently serving in Afghanistan in Operation Enduring Freedom. As you can see we do have email out here, gotta love modern technology. A week ago I stumbled upon a link to DC training on this forum. I read through it. Then searched and found CFP, and read that whole 106 page (currently) thread. I searched high and low everywhere reading and finding out what I could. And what i found was amazing. I am 29 years old and for years I have read so MANY different BB Mags saying do this and do that. And in the gym heard people say do this and do that. And the problem was, they were all contradicting each other. Dante, I have to say thank you. For once, I was able to read something, that made sense. For once I was able to read something and not feel like I was being fed a bunch of bullshit. Not I look at most BB mags and I just laugh my ass off and some of the crap they feed people. And not only did I take this information in for myself, I have spread it around to alot of the Marines I work with. And so far the verdict is all good across the board. This is still new to us, and we are giving it an honest shot. Though we do find it rather difficult. We are only fed three times a day, luckily we are allowed to get seconds. So the diet part is not easy. But I do have something to look forward doing when I get back to the states, when I can really follow this diet the way I would like to. BTW, I am 6'2" 225 lbs. Dante when I read about how thin you were growing up, you reminded me of myself. When I graduated high school was weighed in at 155 lbs. I put on 30 lbs in boot camp alone. Over the years I have put on more weight, just not in the way I would have liked. I am not a overweight guy, but I could definately shed a few fat pounds. I have always had a difficult time gaining muscle. Its just never come easy for me at all. I am hoping, and feeling that with 100% dedication to DC training, I can finally overcome this frustration. I will do my best to keep you guys up to speed with my progress along with any interesting gains my fellow Marines might have. Luckily, the PX sells large tubs of Protein Powder, Beef Jerkey, and Peanut Butter to get our Protein intakes up to par. On a good day I can intake 400-500 grams. So we shall see. Dante thanks once again, your a hero too many. Its good to see some honesty brought to this sport.

Gator461, you guys/gals get your asses home safe and sound when you can, that's what we all want, I'm sure. Any questions that we can help you with!

jim
    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
    Good luck
    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Ditto
      Massive G
      Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Wow, really insightful post, glad DCs words are reaching across the globe.
        Good work!:showoff:
        "Never give up form for weight, makes no sense, form is key the weights will follow..."

"Get...it...done"

**RACK's Shitt HOTT Dogg Logg**

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

Comment

welcome to forum,, please feel free to speak about milfs,, im trying to get these to look at onionbooty,, but they never listen ,, bunch of punks,,
          "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

Originally posted by jimpaul
            Gator461, you guys/gals get your asses home safe and sound when you can, that's what we all want, I'm sure. Any questions that we can help you with!

jim
            Originally posted by FrigginHuge
            Ditto
            Thanks alot Jim. We do apprecaite all the support from back home it goes a long way and means alot to us. We all look forward to getting home as soon as we can. But for now, its business as usual one terrorist/taliban at a time. :2guns:

And thank you too FH, btw, thats one sweet looking bulldog. Cute as hell.

Originally posted by rackitup
            Wow, really insightful post, glad DCs words are reaching across the globe.
            Good work! :showoff:
            Thanks rackitup. DC's words need to get out. They are incredible from all that I have seen and heard! The one place the word doesnt need to get to out here is the bad guys. Then we might have some trouble!! hehe.

Originally posted by mobsta
            welcome to forum,, please feel free to speak about milfs,, im trying to get these to look at onionbooty,, but they never listen ,, bunch of punks,,
            Thanks Mobsta, nothing wrong with MILFs, in fact, I think they should be encouraged. :boobies:

Comment

Gator....welcome to the board...just got out of the beloved Corps in Jan after 5 years. You over there w/ the MEU or on just one of the many deployments ISO GWOT? Either way, stay safe and hopefully you can incorporate DCs training once you guys get back safe/sound. Take care...Semper..

-slide
              "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Originally posted by slide
                Gator....welcome to the board...just got out of the beloved Corps in Jan after 5 years. You over there w/ the MEU or on just one of the many deployments ISO GWOT? Either way, stay safe and hopefully you can incorporate DCs training once you guys get back safe/sound. Take care...Semper..

-slide
                Semper Fi bro,

Yeah I am with the 22nd MEU. We left NC back in Feb. Been in about 10 years myself. Though I think next year I am going to call it and move on as well. I am beginning to see that this career will make it very difficult to start a family. I have enjoyd what I have done, but I am beginning to think its not worth it for me to stay the full 20. Right now I am doing the best I can to incorporate DC training. I am a "winger" so I usually always have a gym available. Presently, the gym is maybe 50 yards from where I work, so thats a total bonus. Only issues I have is my diet. Its hard to pack down 500 protein a day when deployed, as I am sure you are aware of. But if anything, I will definately have a whole better understanding of DC training when I get back to the states to follow it to the max. Just making the most out of it, with what I can. I have done two workouts so far. Third one will be tomorrow night. And I love this workout. At first I doubted how "intense" it would be. But after the last two, I am a believer. My quads are kicking my ass today. :kick:

Comment

Gator great to have you aboard. Keep us updated on your progress and you will not find a better place to get some help with DC training. Good Luck with your training and diet.

Oh, yeah...thanks for all that you and your troops have done
                  Trueprotein.com

Troponin Athlete

Lana's EggWhites "Get Hard, Stay Hard"

Comment

Gator, welcome to the board and DC training.

Thank you all for what you are doing for us over there. Thank you, thank you, thank you. All the men and women in the armed forces are in my thoughts and prayers every day. I only hope this is over soon so you can all come home.

In this month's issue of Musclemag, which featured a certain trainer that some of you may have heard of and one of his most terrifying trainees, they showed some marines from the 1st Land Troop training in Iraq. They dont have access to equipment where they are so they were using wooden boards, crates, sandbags and "jerry" cans. If that's not a heart of steel then I dont know what is. As Musclemag points out, think about these guys when you dont feel like driving 10 minutes to your gorgeous,m well stocked gym because it's raining out...
                    Through the best and the worst
                    The struggle and sacrifice.
                    For the true who've remained and the new blood.
                    Motivation, undying allegiance
                    Striving through the hardships and affliction.
                    Every drop of blood
                    Every bitter tear
                    Every bead of sweat
                    I live for this

Comment

Thanks again fellas for everything. rowtogrow I truly apprecaite it man. And yes Gollum I saw that article, Marines always find away to adapt and overcome. Where we are currently working, there is probably 50 Marines, out of all of them, I would have to say that 80% are in the gym everyday. Heres a pic of just a few, and dont mind the super skinny guy in the middle with like no bicep, hes a freak who can clock 3 miles in under 15 minutes.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1085...estruction.jpg

Comment

True Heroes:rocker: Gators Gang!:showoff:
                        Trueprotein.com

Troponin Athlete

Lana's EggWhites "Get Hard, Stay Hard"

Comment

Wlecome to the DC way...The only way to grow. You boys stay safe and get your asses home soon.
                          Train like a freak, every time.

Comment

Working...
                          X