Something I have learned thus far...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I have learned thus far...

When the volume trainer starts using a DC workouot...he needs to leave his ego in the locker room. Otherwise...it will get stepped upon.

This is not for the experienced DC'er...just the guy switching over.
    Case in point:
    Today was WO 4. My last exercise was leg extensions...I decided to try the rest pause with 6 sec negatives for 20...then go for the "widowmaker" after 3 minutes of rest.

The leg extension machine is up front, next to the couch. An elderly gentleman watched me doing this all the while making astonishingly horrid looks with my face. After I did that evil quad stretch, I got my stuff together to leave.

The elderly gentleman (looked to be mid 80's) asked me how much weight I was doing over there. [Okay, when volume training, I could go for the stack-200 for 8-12 reps for 3 sets.] I told him there was only 60 pounds on it. He said, "the way it was hurting you...you must have arthritis in your knees."

Without going into an explantion...I simply replied, "No sir, I was just exhausted.":o

umm swelling,, we dont use leg extension on this program,, just some fyi for ya ..
    "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

Like I said..ego at the door. Learning all the way. Through all of my research, thought i read about this...evidently I got confused. :o

Thank you for helping to emphasize my point, and for the correction.

Comment

its cool bro ,, on this program you will def get all kinds of looks ,, especially when you start with rack chins, and the extreme stretching ,, a lot of super hero spotters will come to your rescue... lol

Comment

Originally posted by mobsta
          its cool bro ,, on this program you will def get all kinds of looks ,, especially when you start with rack chins, and the extreme stretching ,, a lot of super hero spotters will come to your rescue... lol

I've had one guy yell "PUSH" when he saw me doing the chest stretch, lol.

jim
          ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
          Good luck
          Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
          SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
          TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Yes I have noticed that at least people are willing to help you...when you are stretching. I have already had some "super spotters" attempting to assist me.

However, I love it. I have never felt this way before...I am hooked.

Now if I can just figure out all of this stuff I am supposed to do and not to do. (tongue-in-cheek...well, not really).

Comment

even though we fuck around on this board,, if you post up your routine we could all see what needs to be corrected,, some us just get upset when someone states they read and did their homework when it obvious they didnt.. feel free to ask questions.. as you could see we are just hovering around talking about jp milf story..

Comment

Thanks, I'll put it up.

While research is fantastic, it is intensly difficult to digest via forum posts. I was trying to expliain to a friend how m,any hours I have in reading about this stuff, and that I still have not got it...and that's the truth.

I guess now I have to go do a search for widowmaker, and see what the hell that was about...I misinterpretted it to be extensions.

Edited:

Okay, got it...that's what I get for trying to figure things out at 3 AM online. I mixed it with something entirely different.
                Last edited by Swellin; 05-31-2004, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Need ur sleep dude!!

The windowmaker---thats when you fall of the gym window after a set a 20squats and have to call the repair man out :p
                  "Never give up form for weight, makes no sense, form is key the weights will follow..."

"Get...it...done"

**RACK's Shitt HOTT Dogg Logg**

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

Comment

Yeah, first day i did rack chins i got the most insane looks. It was like a ufo had landed in the middle of the gym.

Comment

Damn people lost the link to rack chins, could someone post it please??!
                      "Never give up form for weight, makes no sense, form is key the weights will follow..."

"Get...it...done"

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

Comment

ok found it guys

"Get...it...done"

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

Comment

Haha Raul, that's awesome. I've never been asked what magazine i've gotten an exercise out of before.

Comment

Working...
                          X