Bicep trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bicep trouble

Guys im doing everything DC is saying, but my biceps never get sore and hardly ever get any stronger
    The name is Richard not Rick

Are you training in the 15-30 rep range? Are you going slow enough on the negative? Are you maintaining perfect form?

Comment

I hardly get sore on all of the muscles, I train 4 times a week now DC style. I have another trouble with biceps, my left biceps, the thickness on my right biceps is way better
      Blade

"Keep your purpose in mind, simply go to the gym and do your workout, do it well and don't worry
      what other people are doing. Confidence will grow as you achieve."

"If you believe in yourself, have dedication and pride and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of
      victory is high, but so are the rewards"

Comment

REALLY concentrate on the mind to muscle connection bro...I mean really focus your ass off and SQUEEZE. :showoff:
        Where the world's elite athletes get their supplements:

www.trueprotein.com

BW

Comment

That is another thing Willy. A lot of people simply don't have the mind/muscle connection that alot of us have. It's a gift But yes, focus your absolute hardest on every rep. Just by focusing a little more, you can make the workout twice as good. Don't just go through the motions like most people do in the gym. FEEL that muscle group working on each and every rep. The first few reps should be relatively easy, the 10-12th reps should be extremely difficult and the last few should be to where you don't know if you will make them or not and it takes everything out of you just to get them out. I always do partials at the end too, but they don't count in my log book. I can only manage or two until I can not move my biceps at all. Try increasing your reps, as well. I have been working in the 15-30 rep range the past few workouts for biceps and it has been helping. By the way, what exercises are you doing?
          Allen

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
            That is another thing Willy. A lot of people simply don't have the mind/muscle connection that alot of us have. It's a gift

This is true...

I train this guy at the gym and put him through basically the same regimen as myself.
            And a lot of times, he says "is my form right"...and I'm like yeah it looks perfect as usual. And he says, "but I can't really feel it."

Teaching mind/muscle connection is not easy...lol It is something you have to find on your own IMO.
            Where the world's elite athletes get their supplements:

www.trueprotein.com

BW

Comment

When is the last time you saw a guy with huge delts say "god my shoulders are so sore from yesterdays workout"
              @dante_trudel

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp
                When is the last time you saw a guy with huge delts say "god my shoulders are so sore from yesterdays workout"
                good point. soreness is never a gauge of how taxed/and or worked a muscle group is.

tpc
                TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

hmmmm..... Im always sore, more so than my old 6-8rep routine

Oldly though my shoulders have only been sore once (the delts---traps ALWAYS sore also!) yet my shoulders are prob my best bodypart.....hmm interesting
                  "Never give up form for weight, makes no sense, form is key the weights will follow..."

"Get...it...done"

**RACK's Shitt HOTT Dogg Logg**

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

Comment

My shoulders are sore during the workout to where I cant move my arm anymore but the next day they are fine and its my chest and back that kill me. I dont have that problem with the biceps but I did when the rep range was below 15RP. I just wouldnt feel anything from the workout. Like USMuscle9403 said I would keep it between 15-30 another thing you can do is change the exersizes. I use to do standing alternate db curls, straight bar preachers , and straight bar standing cable curls. With those I wouldnt feel much or increase strenth that much on my biceps except for the cables I always increased on those. So I stayed with the cable curls, changed the preacher to the hammer strength preacher so I can focus more on feeling it on my bicep, and changed the db alternate standing curls to seated curls curling the dbs at the same time to spare oxygen therefore leading to more reps (Silverback mentioned this once).

Comment

I do something a little different, I actually perform the bilateral Alt. DB Biceps Curls unilaterally. It really helps my concentration as well as strength.
                      Allen

Comment

I do something a little different, I actually perform the bilateral Alt. DB Biceps Curls unilaterally. It really helps my concentration as well as strength.
                        Allen
                        yeah or the bent over, reverse close grip, hyperextension, one legged lunge....with chains
                        "Never give up form for weight, makes no sense, form is key the weights will follow..."

"Get...it...done"

**RACK's Shitt HOTT Dogg Logg**

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp
                          I understand what your saying, well kind of, my chest and back are growing well but they still get sore, maybe i should do higher reps and lower the weight with biceps? BTW i'm doing straight bar preacher curls, standing EZ bar wide grip, and the cybex machine curls, for triceps close grip bench on smyth, reverse bench smythe, behnid the neck pullovers its hard to explain but it works well, so what yall are saying is i need to do more reps, 15-30RP?
                          Last edited by Rick85; 05-29-2004, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Behind the neck pullovers? That's not a triceps exercise...

Comment

Behind the neck pullovers? That's not a triceps exercise...
                              no i sit in a straight back chair, get an ez bar, put it behind my head, and raise it by flexing my triceps

Comment

Working...
                              X