Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Hoss View Post
    ?

Please explain. I think I know what you're saying, but have never heard it called 'reverse.'
    It´s this, I think: http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=4108&tid=113

Nice movement, but you don´t find that equipment in every gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Thot View Post

thats it. we have one here and i have one in storage. big diff between hypers and reverse hypers.
      site owner of ironaddicts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thot View Post

So, is there some type of equipment in the picture I should be looking for?
        I work my ass off to kick yours.

My thoughts in that are "If you take the crap, you deserve that crap, stop complaining about it to everyone" - "Feel sorry for me while I chow down this box of oreo's" - DANTE

Comment

Originally posted by exmgq View Post
          thats it. we have one here and i have one in storage. big diff between hypers and reverse hypers.
          It looks like fun....I haven't seen one at any of the LA Fitness's that I go to.

My thoughts in that are "If you take the crap, you deserve that crap, stop complaining about it to everyone" - "Feel sorry for me while I chow down this box of oreo's" - DANTE

Comment

Going through a similar situation myself. Maybe not to the entent of your injuries however. I love deads, my favourite exercise. I am very strong with them in comparison to my other lifts. About 1-2 months ago I developed a neck problem. I just let it go and just assumed it would heal itself. My girlfriends roomate is an osteopath and she rubed my back, cracked it a few times and nothing changed. I have always been and will continue to be skeptical of the value of these types of professions. Anyways, problem did not subside so went a saw a chairo. Did the same thing basically, and told me I had a very slight curve in my spine which is why my neck was hurting (basically my body was out of balance). Gave me some exercises to remedy the curve, which will only yeild a 50% improvement at best.

Neck is pretty much better now, just from rest I think, but I asked him yesterday to give me his opinon on deads in regards to the maintainence of my spine. He flat out said they were the worst exercise ever invented, they will casue great damage in the long run. I respect this guy quite a lot, he is an engineer turned chairo. So now I am not sure what path to take.

Comment

Originally posted by Eros View Post
              He flat out said they were the worst exercise ever invented, they will casue great damage in the long run. I respect this guy quite a lot, he is an engineer turned chairo. So now I am not sure what path to take.
              I believe people can be genetically held back with the skeletal system as well as the muscular system. BUT, I am also on the fence about whether I should continue DLs or not. I do somewhat believe that if I didn't rush things, then I could strengthen my lower back enough to get past my problems and push forward with great back thickness. The only thing I struggle with is if beating the log every week is too fast of a progression rate and if I don't beat the log every week, then I'll never get the results I want out of DC training because beating the log book is what it's all about.......might get there over a 10 year period, but certainly not in a couple years time.

Comment

you're being stubborn man, the DLing has knocked you out once, don't let them knock you out permanently. the more you keep agrivating it, the worse it will get. just be happy you don't need surgery yet, and try to avoid that as much as possible instead of getting on a b-line straight towards a doctors knife. I stopped doing DLs cause every time I did I would hurt my back and be on the shelf for a while. please just be smart about it man, plenty of other exercises out there, and as long as you don't plan on being a pro bodybuilder of powerlifter, then don't worry about it.
                "I can spank a monkeys ass until its bright red but I sure cant call it a babboon" - Dante

I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

Comment

Working...
                X