No announcement yet.

Lat soreness without hitting them?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lat soreness without hitting them?!?!?!

I dont understand this. I strayed SLIGHTLY from my DC training split for the first time in 5 weeks this week. Monday i had work 5am-9pm, so i only had half hr (my lunch break) to work out. I hit chest, shoulders, triceps. Wouldnt you know it, next day, the sorest bodypart by FAR was my lats. WTF? I didnt even touch them. I did incline barbell, seated machine military, and close grip bench.

Then... i decided to do shoulders yesterday with some buddies, so today i would only have chest, triceps, and back. Guess what happened again today. Lats sore as a bitch. 10x more sore than my shoulders from yesterday. Can ANYBODY explain this?

I used to BOMB my lats in my old split and they would NEVER get sore. Bent barbell rows, heavy deadlifts, low cable rows, heavy pulldowns, u name it. All of a sudden im skippin back all together or its just not back day, and heavy inclines or shoulder presses are causing them to get sore as a bitch. Im so confused. Please explain this to me.

Your lats are fired when you are lowering the weight during shoulder presses. Knowing that DC training involves controlled negatives you are using your lats more then you think during the workout, that's why you are sore
    Trueprotein.com

Troponin Athlete

Lana's EggWhites "Get Hard, Stay Hard"

Comment

bingo!
      ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
      Good luck
      Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
      SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
      TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Working...
      X