I didn't think I had the Genetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't think I had the Genetics

at 36 y/o I gave up on the idea of ever having peaked Biceps. I did "DC 2" today and I noticed my Biceps beginning to peak while doing Hammer Curls. I don't know if it's because of the Hammer Curls and/or DC's Training Principles in general, but I'm excited. Granted, they'll probably be gone in the morning. I'm just looking forward to my next DC workout.

Thanks Dante
    2010 NPC New England - Open & Masters Light Heavy
    2010 NPC Cutler Classic - Open & Masters Light Heavy
    2001 INBF Constitution State - Open Middleweight
    2001 INBF Natural New York State - Open Middleweight
    2000 ANBA Natural Xtravaganza - Open Middleweight
    2000 NGA New England - Open Middleweight
    1999 NABF Maine Super Natural - Open Middleweight
    1999 NABF New England Super Natural - Open Middleweight

In my opinion, if you never had peaked biceps...you never will have them. They may become more emphasized when doing something like Hammer Curls because of hand positioning/pump, but that's about it. You are right, if it's not in the genetics...then it won't ever be there. Not to disappoint, there are plenty of good bodybuilders without peaked biceps. I only have one that is
    Allen

Comment

my left bicep is like 1/2 inch larger than my right. left has much more peak to it, but right looks "fuller". but i guess the good side to that is you can pick which arm to make more visible depending on the pose.
      www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

That's great Chuck!

I agree to an extent that we definitely can't "change" our shape of muscles, genetics and such. But I have noticed that all my muscles are looking longer and fuller now. That's probably what happens when you train properly. Maybe someone else can explain better?

jim
        ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
        Good luck
        Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
        SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
        TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Ummm im gonna be the oddball here and disagree. If you have flat biceps, you will never have GREAT peaks, but i think it will change a little with time.

In my OWN experience, and i can post pix to prove it... i used to have the flattest biceps ever, but u look at my competition pix 3yrs later, and i have a decent peak. Nothing great, but the more they grew, the more they seemed to peak. Muscles gotta grow, so its not just gonna grow sideways, its gonna go UP also. All directions. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
          X