Is DC for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is DC for me?

I was told of DC Training by a friend, and I then proceeded to read the CFP Thread (the 100+ Page one) and I am more then convinced that DC can do what he says he does, its just more about if this program is for me right now. I'm looking for a program to gain as much strength as I can for football, not necessarily putting on weight, as this isn't a priority for me. Another one of my goals is to gain some speed since the position I play requires strength, but more then anything speed (Corner Back) So would this program suit my needs no increase strength, and potentially increase speed, or is this program strictly for putting on size.

the main goal of this program is strength and size. if you aren't sure that it's right for you, it probably isnt. i will say that this is the most effective method that i have personally tried for gaining strength and muscle.

i am sure that this program and the principals behind it can be manipulated to suit your purposes, but changing it around like that you will no longer be training DC. as far as speed, you are talking about running speed, correct? well, that poses some problems with leg training since i assume you'll also want to focus on running.

i do have some thoughts on things that could be done, but i'm not going to post it b/c the last thing i want is another person to become confused about dante's program; especially after he helps me. if your main focus is speed, i would search for other options as well. i assume all you want is performance - if i were in your situation, i'd look for training that focuses on power.

a wise thing to do, in case you ever want to focus on mass and strength would be to take notes of this type of training anyway so you can come back to it anytime you wish.

if you go with DC training, follow it to the T as much as possible. it isn't worth fixing something that isnt broken. IF for any reason you change the program, please DO NOT go around telling everyone that what you are doing is DC.
    www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

i think DC's program would work well for you. the amount of weight you put on has to do with how much food you are eating. i know for sure from experience that you will get stronger and it should increase speed and explosiveness because you are using simple basic movement i.e. squats, leg press, deadlifts etc. squats and deads alone will increase power and speed. this type of program allows more recovery compared to most college set ups which is usually hitting every body part twice per week mon, tues, thurs, then fri with weekends off. at least at purdue that was our program. i got overtrained and couldnt get any stronger or put on any quality muscle.
      I GET MY SUPPLEMENTS WHERE TOP ATHLETES GET THEIRS : TRUEPROTEIN.COM

:preach:

2008 Mr. Indiana Heavyweight Champ

Comment

steve, this paragraph was bang on

"i do have some thoughts on things that could be done, but i'm not going to post it b/c the last thing i want is another person to become confused about dante's program; especially after he helps me. if your main focus is speed, i would search for other options as well. i assume all you want is performance - if i were in your situation, i'd look for training that focuses on power."

but as for your thoughts, could you share them with me, because I'm not about to get confused about DC's program, I read all 106 pages on CFP and have a pretty good idea, and have the program setup on paper for myself, it's just whether or not I should start or look for better alternatives.

Comment

RayRay, I am not meaning to sound like a dick, but if you have any doubts about this program working for you then you should probably find something else.

Comment

I'm not worried about it working, I'm just trying to clarify exactly what it could/ could not do for me. I'm looking for clarity to reaffirm my belief.

Comment

DC not for you.....
              Massive G
              Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

gotta love FH's post,, and you still stuck at bantam how the hell is that ? (another worthless post by mobsta)
                "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

Working...
                X