What bf% should I drop to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What bf% should I drop to?

I guess i am at 17% now. I think I need to be a bit lower. What would be recommended for off season?
    Blade

"Keep your purpose in mind, simply go to the gym and do your workout, do it well and don't worry
    what other people are doing. Confidence will grow as you achieve."

"If you believe in yourself, have dedication and pride and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of
    victory is high, but so are the rewards"

9-11%
    I GET MY SUPPLEMENTS WHERE TOP ATHLETES GET THEIRS : TRUEPROTEIN.COM

:preach:

2008 Mr. Indiana Heavyweight Champ

Comment

0%
      Massive G
      Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

off season?

I'd say no more than 13% if possible.

But this also depends on the person. Some people naturally stay under 10-11% no matter what.
        Where the world's elite athletes get their supplements:

www.trueprotein.com

BW

Comment

Im endo-meso.
          Blade

"Keep your purpose in mind, simply go to the gym and do your workout, do it well and don't worry
          what other people are doing. Confidence will grow as you achieve."

"If you believe in yourself, have dedication and pride and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of
          victory is high, but so are the rewards"

Comment

Originally posted by Blade
            Im endo-meso.
            so you will be on the higher side unless you work really hard to stay leaner.

but I think to take full advantage of bulking and packing on mass, don't worry too much about that.

but you also don't want to go crazy either.
            Where the world's elite athletes get their supplements:

www.trueprotein.com

BW

Comment

Does this dress make my ass look fat?
              Massive G
              Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

No, your ass makes your ass look fat.
                Please tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyes

Comment

I think you're a bit too concerned. I thought you were bulking, Blade? Don't worry about it, I am an endo-meso as well and I gain a bit in the off-season. Saying that you should not go above 9-11% is a little ludicrous in my opinion. I am at hmm...maybe 14% right now *34" waist* and I doubt I will get any higher. If your diet is in order and you are following DCs principles to the T, then you will not gain more than a couple percentage points of bodyfat. Take it from my fat ass.
                  Allen

Comment

i have seen people get 14-15% and they take forever to come down for a show and they also seem to lose a lot of muscle trying to get into contest shape. i know a guy who diets for almost half a year to be on stage and its because he lets himself get too far out of shape in the offseason

Comment

That's another reason why most DC trainees start 20 weeks out from a competition. They may be dieting for a long time, but they can switch up anything they'd like far out from a contest and not worry about it fucking up their contest showing. Then you have some that diet 12 weeks out, freak out the last couple weeks because they may not have lost as much fat as they would like and panic diet all that muscle off. Plus, there are not too many bodybuilders out there that really pack on the muscular pounds year in and year out while staying at 9-11% year round.

Comment

I would tell you my bodyfat, but I'm scared to go get it tested, as I'm sure the 20+% would frighten me to death.

I'm a true endomorph in everysense of the word, fat kid, fat teen, fat young adult, just lost it recently.

The odd thing is, my arms and legs are very lean, very vascular and have great definition.

Now my chest and stomach are a different story. I still have man boob fat from being fat my whole life that is proving difficult to lose, as well as a belly.

But I know that as I get bigger, the more bodyfat I will burn , and the leaner I will get. So I try not to let it bother me and try to get as big as possible. I'm just now starting to really stick to the cardio and take in only good carbs before cut-off, instead of before when if it's fat free, it's going in my mouth!
                        TRUEPROTEIN.COM
                        --THE BEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS FOR THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICES

Comment

usamuscle

all i am saying is by staying no higher than 11% or so you make life easier for yourself. i always diet 16 out no matter what my BF is. i am not saying sacrifice size in the off season but maybe eat lean steak and potato instead of the big mac and fries.

Comment

I have to agree with what all of you are saying. I let myself slip to about 20% BF and I'm not enjoying coming down. I want 8% BF but I know it ain't gonna be easy. I think you shouldn't let yourself get over 13-14% as most have said but that's just me.

Comment

josh, I am not saying go crazy with bodyfat and eating. I am saying that for most of us it is much easier to put on mass when we are slightly above that. I am not saying go out and eat anything you want and bulk Lee Priest style.

Comment

Working...
                              X