Cursing Doggcrapp's name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cursing Doggcrapp's name

That's what I was doing about half an hour ago when I finished my biceps and leg workout at the gym. I was rolling right along until I got to the squat rack for my ATG breathing squats. After squatting and breathing for some 3-4 minutes with the bar digging into my traps, I somehow managed to rack the bar although I don't remember doing it, then I kinda sunk to the floor and gasped for air for the next 5 minutes or so. My buddy saw me and complemented me on my depth and another guy had a worried look on his face and asked why I wasn't using a belt. I was unable to respond to either of them with any coherent words, but my strings of grunts got my point across. Then the nausea set in and the cursing of Doggcrapp's name began. I stumbled over to the lockers where I spent the next 5 minutes huddled over the toilet thinking for sure I was gonna hurl. I never did, so I packed up and came home. I just spent the past 10 minutes huddled over my toilet again preparing for the worst, but I was able to keep it down. The whole time I was saying "Screw this! I don't want to feel this way after a workout!" Now that the nausea has subsided, I STILL have an amazing pump going in my quads, hams and calves, and I'm looking forward to besting today's efforts on my next squat workout. Best leg workout I've had in all my years of training! Thanks, DC... ya bastard!

sounds exciting bro...lol

The toilet prayer is the bitter-sweet end to a grueling leg workout. lol.
    Bigger, Faster, Stronger

Admin @ http://www.extrememuscle.co.nr - Come check out my board if ya get a chance!

Comment

jotun, Glad to see you here on this board, and that you are having fun with DC's program.

Yes I have had many a bloody nose, seeing stars, puke in my throat, completely out of breath for 15 minutes and sometimes not even able to understand where I am or who I am.

Welcome to the world of DC Training, good luck, kick that log books ass and bring a barf bag...
      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Thanks, In-Human. I get tired of debating with teenagers at bb.com sometimes, so it's nice to find a board where people actually have some experience and numbers to back up their advice. I'm no stranger to DC training, but I just recently started it up again seriously and forgot how much ass it kicks. (My ass, that is) Gotta love it though!

Comment

jotun, Sometimes we get a little out of hand here and act like we belong on bb.com, but it is just we need an outlet since as you know this program is very tough and the diet is just a killer to some, so even though we get stupid at times we all mean good and we love each other very much...
          "That damn log book"

Comment

Do you remember Trevor's "Beyond Failure Training"?

I had to have a head CT after my first Leg workout. That's when I was diagnosed with high BP. I can sympathize with you Bro.
            2010 NPC New England - Open & Masters Light Heavy
            2010 NPC Cutler Classic - Open & Masters Light Heavy
            2001 INBF Constitution State - Open Middleweight
            2001 INBF Natural New York State - Open Middleweight
            2000 ANBA Natural Xtravaganza - Open Middleweight
            2000 NGA New England - Open Middleweight
            1999 NABF Maine Super Natural - Open Middleweight
            1999 NABF New England Super Natural - Open Middleweight

Comment

You ain't training hard enough if you don't feel like blowing chunks after squatting.... ATG or go home.
              Train like a freak, every time.

Comment

That worst feeling is the first 60 seconds after the high repper set where your thinking--ok am i going to get enough oxygen in my lungs to live here? I used to have no problem in my old gym--i could walk outside and the wind would help me get my breathing under control--but my new gym is on the second floor and the windows are closed with air conditioning on---I try to plant myself under the duct to try to somehow keep from collapsing
                @dante_trudel

Comment

What are ATG breathing squats?

Comment

Ass-to-grass squats done in the traditional 20-rep style. Legs are quite sore today, as expected!
                    Funny thing is, people in my gym always get concerned when they see me squatting so low. Nobody there even goes to parallel, let alone below parallel.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp
                      That worst feeling is the first 60 seconds after the high repper set where your thinking--ok am i going to get enough oxygen in my lungs to live here? I used to have no problem in my old gym--i could walk outside and the wind would help me get my breathing under control--but my new gym is on the second floor and the windows are closed with air conditioning on---I try to plant myself under the duct to try to somehow keep from collapsing

At the gym I do legs at, they have sliding doors to the outside right behind the Smythe machine, it's great.

jim
                      ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                      Good luck
                      Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                      SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                      TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

I don't know about you guys but I must have my mind so clear when I am getting ready for my workset, I think I breath just as hard as before I start the workset then when I am done, except for the Squat sets, that is a whole nother story, the last time I did my sets of Squats 8 then 4 then that 20, I was on the floor almost passing out, as I awoke I thought I saw Raul standing above me, then I realized it was just some real tan guy asking if I needed to have an ambulance or the coroner called.

The owner finally took the fire alarm button off the back door cause I would have to open it t 2 to 3 times a workout just to catch my breath, if the big overhead door was not open...
                        "That damn log book"

Comment

Working...
                        X