No announcement yet.

TPC Question on Post Workout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alright i am awake, you guys have been overworking me, not to mention dante makes me do ballet and dance moves for at least a hour a day for him. the guy is loosing it.

you are correct post workout, this is the best time for fast acting proteins and carbs. but do you ever get the feeling about 45-60 minutes after this meal that your kind of "falling off", like your body is empty. i alway get this feeling when i use straight dextrose and just whey. i feel like my body missed half of it and only assimilated a portion of my intake. i never get this feeling when i mix just a small amount 20% of a casein ( i love micellar, because it is very pure and tasteless) and maltodextrin. i "feel" like it keeps my body feeding till my next meal.

i know there was some talk about casein proteins effecting the absorption of whey, yes it effects it but not in a negative way, it slows the absorption down, and this is not a bad thing. it allows your body to absorb and assimalate a usually big wallup of protein (for us DC-er's upwards of 100gram protein shake), this can be a semi-shock to the body. the casein just allows your body to absorb the majority of it, not waste half of it because it was in and out so quickly.

another reason i use micellar post workout, i know many use olive oil or some type of fat to slow down whey (including me), but this is not an option for post workout. the last thing you want is fat and carbs at the most physically sensitive time of the day (post workout when your body is ready for the big insulin spike). casein fits the bill instead of oil/fat.

tpc
    TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

Interesting insight, tpc. However, I have a question. What about the meal that most of us take in 45-60 minutes after a workout? Do you still recommend the casein if we are re-fueling our bodies after the 'fall off'?
      Allen

Comment

well for me personally usually my meal after my post workout meal is real food, and maybe a shake if my protein requirments were not met during this meal.

personally for me i have 2 different protein mixes i use. my nite time mix, which mainly consists of casein family proteins. and my all around mix, which i also use for post workout.

here's the break down:
        65% whey protein isolate microfiltration
        20% micellar casein
        15% glutamine peptides

and usually use it with no flavor or sweetener.

tpc
        TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

Working...
        X