Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Dogg Pounders (lol no pun intended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Dogg Pounders (lol no pun intended)

haha sorry about the title folks hahaha

Anyway

Is it possible to do DC training with workout one and two back to back with a rest in between like this:

Monday: Workout 1
    Tuesday: Workout 2
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Workout 3
    Friday: Workout 4
    Saturday and Sunday: Rest

Or does that take away from the workout? What is the absolute best way to space it out so recovery time is maximized but workout time isn't minimized??

Thanks in advance-

Sean
    TEAMSKIP

SeanC1123, You best have recovery powers like an non-human kind of guy, that would be very tough to be able to do 110% back to back with this program.

But hell give it a try and if you die, please have someone forward me your address, thank you...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

For me, no. i need rest. I get sore and I need to let my body recover.

TH
      For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

OK then I'll do it every other day.

I will say that I started DC training yesterday. I was sore today but I think I must be doing something wrong because I found HIT to be more taxing than the rest pause I was doing yesterday plus stretching. Can you please cue me in as to what I"m doing wrong?

Sean
        TEAMSKIP

Comment

SeanC1123, Since you just started with this program, your weights must be light to get the hang of the r/p worksets and to keep form perfect, and the stretches ain't so easy either, as you progress in weight and or reps with the r/p and the statics a bit later on, you will feel it.

Give yourself at least two weeks to get adjusted to this whole new style of lifting, once you do, you will never go back...
          "That damn log book"

Comment

Should I be doing my stretching with heavy weights? How long should it take me to start really getting stuff out of this program? I'd like to stay on the program and gain as much as possible as I'm trying to blast to 225-230 from about 207 pounds.
            TEAMSKIP

Comment

SeanC1123, Well you have tons of variables here, age, time in the gym, recovery and the biggest, food consumption.

No you will start off on stretches that use weight very light to get the feel of them, these can cause injuries too if not done correctly.

Everyone will react a bit different to this program, you must tie it all in and give your best everytime you go in the gym, 110% or nothing...
              "That damn log book"

Comment

ok well thanks,

I will eat my way up there!

Take care

Sean
                TEAMSKIP

Comment

How do I know if I recover fast enough to do this split instead of the mo, we, fr split?
                  Blade

"Keep your purpose in mind, simply go to the gym and do your workout, do it well and don't worry
                  what other people are doing. Confidence will grow as you achieve."

"If you believe in yourself, have dedication and pride and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of
                  victory is high, but so are the rewards"

Comment

Originally posted by Blade
                    How do I know if I recover fast enough to do this split instead of the mo, we, fr split?

Since this program is about constant progressive resistance, the true way of knowing if the split you decide to use is working is if you are progressing with the weights/reps. That's the most important. Secondly, if you start regretting working out or are totally fatigued all the time, etc., then just sticking with the MWFM routine is most likely your best option, IMO. Good luck.

Get Stronger
                    jim
                    Last edited by jimpaul; 05-15-2004, 01:52 PM.
                    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                    Good luck
                    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Raul, did you get my pm?
                      ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                      Good luck
                      Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                      SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                      TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

I think u would be ok with the 4 days if you just did straight sets, but RP would be too much.
                        Follow your dreams but dont let your life become one.
                        -Vander V

Comment

just straight sets would definately allow enough recovery time - maybe even too much with this low volume in my opinion. being said, i think rp is much more effective.
                          www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

It all depends on the person as to if they can push themselves hard enough on that one set, most people, probably myself included, can't. But again, lower body would still be a bitch to do that soon.
                            Follow your dreams but dont let your life become one.
                            -Vander V

Comment

yeah, i normally cant get enough stimulation out of one single straight set, but a rp is a whole different story. thats just how it works for me anyways.
                              www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Working...
                              X