Stiff deads w/ DC training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiff deads w/ DC training

I have lower back troubles and was wondering if it would be wise to use these? I tried them before but it felt like my lower back was going to crush and die!!! I like doing leg presses very high on the leg press and leg curls are good too. Any way to take a litttle stress off the low back?

TH
    For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Th, I have the same problem, I injured my 2 nd Lumbar many years ago and live with the pain often.

Deads, Racks and Squats I never did til I met DC, I knew this was gonna kill me. So I started off very slow and slowly worked my way up, my weights are nothing.

It helped me big time that I did on some off days Good Mornings, I started with the bar and worked up, now I am fine, I have a back problem every now and then, but usually its from sex when the GF wants to get on top, hehe...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

my low back gave me probs too going from squat day to deads the next workout back to back. i threw in seated leg curls instead of the straight leg's and this has given my back a chance to heal up
      I GET MY SUPPLEMENTS WHERE TOP ATHLETES GET THEIRS : TRUEPROTEIN.COM

:preach:

2008 Mr. Indiana Heavyweight Champ

Comment

TH, I should have added that when I do Stiffies, Deads, Squats or just heavy Back Thickness exercises my back was hurting while I was in the gym, it was tough to drive home sometimes, but after an hour or so, my lower back was fine.

Adding all the mass and weight so fast my lower back had to adjust to the weight difference, using lots of oil can cause this problem also.

Bring your feet down a bit and widen them on the plateform, keep your ass on the seat, no rounding.

Good luck...
        "That damn log book"

Comment

Cool. I have learned to deal with the pain as well man. It sucks but you gotta do what ya gotta do! Thanks!

TH
          For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

Thanks Raul, will do!

TH

Comment

By the way, don't ever let In-Human tell you that the weight he uses on an exercise is 'nothing'.

Comment

I have a lower back issue as well, when you do these exercises, keep your back arched, no rounding. That might help, and oh yeah go for higher reps and go slooooow too. Good luck!!

Get Stronger
                jim
                ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                Good luck
                Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

How low do you guys let the bar come down on stiff legs? I've been advised before to let the weight come down to my shoe lace, but I believe this is too far. Going down this low, it seems impossible to keep an arch in one's back. It seems the farthest I could lower the weight with an arched back and minimal knee bend would be no more than 6-7 inches below my knee... if that.

BTW: this is my first post, and I wanted to let all the mod's and members I am EXTREMELY excited about learning DC's philosophies... I've always been interested in"alternative" (meaning non-weider) lifting philosophies, but some aspect always seems to be lacking that makes it impractical. All the enthusiasm from the trainees really speaks for itself about the real-life results of this method, in contrast to others that sound so great in a book... but leave one lacking in reulsts.
                  "you don't pay a whore to fuck you, you pay
                  her to leave in the morning"

Comment

i have always been told be a reliable source to go only to midshin level. Any others do this?

TH

Comment

i go all the way down to my shoe laces , just how rj explained,,
                      "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

Mobsta what was the method that Inhuman advised you on doing stiff deads fir hams(not the form but th rep scheme and so on)? I remember him saying something about it to you on MuscleMayhem.

Comment

electric,, its was to use a 25lb plate on each side of the bar, do six reps add on another 10lbs to each side and continue till you get 6sets of 6,, no resting ,, the only pause you get is when your adding the plates on,, killer routine thanks in human ..

Comment

Thats funny, the last time I did Stiffies bout 2 weeks ago, my training partner wanted to go heavy, so I was like damn my lower back, well what the hell lets give it a go.

So we started loading the bar very light at first, every set I was saying, "Raul you ain't shit", don't know if you guys no this but this little punk SLDL with 425x6, the bastard. Anyway since this was the first time for me to do them heavy, his name was in my head every rep, I topped off at 385x6, that was after 7 sets. I know I tired myself out with all those other sets but I had to try it, all those Good Mornings helped out my lower back big time.

Next time on the new blast, Raul is going down, hehe...
                            "That damn log book"

Comment

dam raul,, nice numbers bro

Comment

Working...
                              X