More Stretching Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Stretching Questions

Excuse my ignorance I just have never stretched much before.

Yesterday was my first dog workout. Legs went well for sets but on the stretches when I went into the sissy squat position I really only felt it in the teardrop area and not back in the main portion of my quad. And how much weight should I use-In comparison to my squat weight-60%?

For Hams do you just do an extra long stiff legged dead?

What is the protocol for back thickness? A low row and hold?

Is there one for Forearms? Or do you do biceps and forarms and then the bicep stretch?

Is the operative time here around 60-90 seconds?

All in all a successful workout. Although I thought I would be more sore. Must be all the food I am eating.

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

How do you use weight in the quad stretch??
    Blade

"Keep your purpose in mind, simply go to the gym and do your workout, do it well and don't worry
    what other people are doing. Confidence will grow as you achieve."

"If you believe in yourself, have dedication and pride and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of
    victory is high, but so are the rewards"

Comment

rugbythug, You really are ignert aint ya, lol.

Ok, when you get in that sissy position push forward, stay on your toes, lift your Pelvis up, almost touch the ground with your head, move around til you feel the stretch, these take a while to get.

Hams you can do Stiffies for 10 seconds at the bottom, come up then go back down for 10 seconds and do that 6 times, hehe, or you can do Leg Up Hurdles I call them, one leg up on a high piece of equipment and one leg on the floor, reach over on the up leg and grab your toes, make your legs straight.

Sorry don't understand Back Thickness question!.

Forearms there is no stretch just do Biceps then Forearms then do the Bicep stretch.

Always shoot for 60 seconds on stretches, except Hanging in a chin stretch for Back Width, go for 3 minutes on that one.

If you ain't sore, hell its just your first give it time, you will get very sore when you get form and weights down.

Good luck...
      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Thanks IH. You are more than helpful.

Comment

Oh so there is not a back thickness stretch. Just a back width.

Comment

rugbythug, Not that I know of, but if DC has one and didn't tell me, his garbage cans are gone for good...
            "That damn log book"

Comment

OK I was just thinking that the back thickness stretch was to take the low row and hold only the stack extended for 60 seconds or something.

Comment

rugbythug, DC never mentioned that to me, but it could have been said on another board and incorporated in by someone else, if so DC will correct us...
                "That damn log book"

Comment

for a good overall back stretch besides the lat one i grab a vertical bar with both hands pretty low, and kinda of walk backwards and push out with a rounded back its hard to explain but it works for me, for my forearms i usually find a fairly low table and put my hand upward, and push it against it, kind of hard to explain as well lol
                  The name is Richard not Rick

Comment

I dunno if im the oddball or not, but when i was hanging from the pullup bar the other day after back, i tried to relax and give it a really big stretch, but my lower back started hurting a lot. Kinda like my hips were pulling away from my upper torso and my spine was being stretched out.

Comment

For back, I've done the hang as well as holding onto an object and rounding the back. I have learned NOT to hang onto a doorknob and do this, especially when you're determined to get a reeeaaaallllly good stretch. In my defense, the doorknob was already loose. I think.

Comment

guys if you like the holding onto the bar stretch. Try getting the low row. PUt a hands close attachmen on it. Put it on more weight than you can row . PUll it back and hold it while letting you scapula kind of expand. It felt like I was going to pull my shoulders off. So it felt really good.

Comment

Working...
                        X