rest pause and statics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rest pause and statics

Okay today was the first time I tried doggcrapp training.
    An I was not able to really apply the rest pause training. On most exercises I was only able to get one rep in the rest pause sets. And on BNPs I didn't get any rest pause reps.
    Now the thing is that the last half year I mainly trained in the 1-3 rep region. So basically I have absolutely no endurance.
    So could this be part of the problem that I'm not able to rest pause or what could be the problem? Although I think that I was moving the weights in contolled manner, do you think I should lighten the weights the next time?
    And is it okay, to do one straight set, perform no rest pause and do a static or should the statics be applied only after rest pause?
    And is it okay to use the straps with attached hooks, because with the normal straps my hands still get so tired that I'm not able to fully hit the target muscle.

Doublemonk

Doublemonk, Damn straight leave your ego at the door and drop the weight, form is key here, leave out the statics for now, and before you know it you will be so damn strong, everyone will be scared of you...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

LIGHT WEIGHT BABAAAAAAYYYYY!!!
      ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
      Good luck
      Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
      SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
      TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Thanks for the answer.
        What do you think, how long does it take until I can use the same weights I was able to use before Doggcrapp training. I had to drop my weights about 15-100 pounds. In my opinion this is an immense drop in weights but I still got sore as hell.
        But although I got that sore I'm still a bit skeptic. Because I always thought that overload is the main cause for muscle growth. But with Doggcrapp I'm not able to use as much weight as normal. So why should it build more muscle? The only thing I can think of that could be a reason is that through the stricter form, there is still more overload on the target muscle than through the use of a bigger weight with loose form. So could somebody please explain.

Doublemonk
        Last edited by Doublemonk; 05-14-2004, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Doublemonk, You know I hate to be a prick, but if you are skeptic, than this program is not for you, this is not an ego program.

Do you see or hear any of us complaining that we don't gain anything from DC's program.

I understand this is a whole new training program from you, so there is no way you can judge it from one workout.

My weights dropped a lot at the beginning, now I am the strongest of my life, and have made more gains in 4 1/2 months on this program than I have in 2 years of high volume nowhere bullshit routines.

This program is not for everyone, I am not saying you, but take it for what it is worth...
          "That damn log book"

Comment

Look, I didn't say that I doubt this program, I just asked a question. I just wanted to know the reason why a lighter weight can be more efficient than a heavy weight.
            But thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Doublemonk
              Okay today was the first time I tried doggcrapp training.
              An I was not able to really apply the rest pause training. On most exercises I was only able to get one rep in the rest pause sets. And on BNPs I didn't get any rest pause reps.

Hey Doublemonk, after each rest pause miniset, finish on the negative, rack it, then you take 15 very deep breaths and then start again, for a total of three times, then do your static.

Get Stronger
              jim
              ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
              Good luck
              Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

doublemonk,, i would advise to start using higher weights when you either feel comfortable or your getting an insane amount of reps,, for example if i attempted a decline press with 245lbsx14rp the next time that routine comes around i will look at dat dirty log book and attempt 255lbx11-14rp,,
                "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

@jimpaul
                  That is what I tried but after the first miniset I wasn't able to perform even one rep on my next miniset so I just moved to the static.

Comment

Doublemonk, Sorry man, it was 30 minutes since my last meal, so I answered you wrong.

You must start light to get the feel of this program the r/p, statics and super slow reps.

Your weight will jump so fast your head will spin, you will add weight so often, you need a log book to keep track of the weight you add every workout.

It is progression with heavier and heavier weight, rest and food, that will make you grow, so give it some time, you need form first, then the weight will come, I promise...
                    "That damn log book"

Comment

Doublem, Inhuman said it right about leaving the ego at the door, simply put, don't worry that the weights are lower now, as soon they will be larger than before!!

jim
                      Good luck
                      Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

dammit I.H., stop typing quicker than me, don't you want me to be a heavyweight contender here at I.M.?
                        Good luck
                        Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Inhuman must be consumin.......................What a great new title,"Consumin Inhuman"..........now who's the f***in genius, lol.
                          Good luck
                          Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

JP, LOL, that was funny, I am on a roll here, its 12:20pm here and I just hit 5000 kals, so I am feeling good.

Sorry Doublemonk for messing with your thread...
                            "That damn log book"

Comment

see Doublemonk, Inhuman's a nice guy..............................after feeding is over.............or at least inbetween burps
                              Good luck
                              Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X